[q] nexus 4 or moto x

Search This thread

idonttakedrugs

Jun 25, 2013
Blackpool
hey everybody, i wasnt sure where i should ask this question but here we go.
My dad is looking for a new phone, looking at the moto x or nexus 4 because theyre pretty much the same price and ive always wanted the moto x. I have a nexus 4 now and hes thinking on buying the moto x and swapping it for my nexus 4. would you guys recomend me doing it? im having some doubts and i will list them now
doubts about swapping:
i love the nexus 4 design
i love how the nexus 4 has a android L preview and will get updates quick
i love the choice of roms, kernels and all sorts.
when i had a moto g (as a temp phone) to be able to use hangouts you had to have the text messaging app on as well, which i didnt like in the slightest. also the phone app didnt have the search feature like the nexus does.

Reasons to swap:
i like the smaller bezzles of the moto x
i like the features
i like how its faster
i like how the battery is better
i like how the speaker doesnt flicker like the nexus 4
better camera
better front camera
no snapchat reboots
(smoother?)
how it doesnt heat up and throttle like the nexus

I've searched and searched but nothing really answers my question, they just compare price and stuff but price isnt a problem. What do you guys recommend? Thanks.

D

Darth

If you want to flash lots of things, nexus. If not....moto x.

Easy decision when you decide that.

But N4? Why not N5? Price is comparable to the X.

The Moto X is probably in reality better than the N4 in every way. But a flashing enthusiast will get bored with the X....like I did. Now my wife has it. Also, some X's don't have unlockable bootloader.

My advice is always....want roms and mods...like to tinker...then N5....if not, moto X. Its a great phone!

idonttakedrugs

Jun 25, 2013
Blackpool
If you want to flash lots of things, nexus. If not....moto x.

Easy decision when you decide that.

But N4? Why not N5? Price is comparable to the X.

The Moto X is probably in reality better than the N4 in every way. But a flashing enthusiast will get bored with the X....like I did. Now my wife has it. Also, some X's don't have unlockable bootloader.

My advice is always....want roms and mods...like to tinker...then N5....if not, moto X. Its a great phone!

no i dont like flashing stuff really, i just like something that works. and nexus 5 is about £100 more- but yeah, should i get the moto then??

D

Darth

no i dont like flashing stuff really, i just like something that works. and nexus 5 is about £100 more- but yeah, should i get the moto then??
The devices I own are in my signature. And the Moto X, I'm my opinion, is the most polished device I've used. And best radio signal strength as you expect from Motorola. I'd still have mine....but I like to tinker to much. Lol

My wife had an iPhone 4s. Then an S2. Went back to her 4s. And said she wanted an iPhone 5s. Then she played with my moto x and loved it. I gave it to her and got an N5...to play with. I asked her a month later if she still wanted a 5s.....she said nope. She never wants another iPhone.

She may want the next X tho. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Your Dad may take issue with the trade tho. Lol

idonttakedrugs

Jun 25, 2013
Blackpool
The devices I own are in my signature. And the Moto X, I'm my opinion, is the most polished device I've used. And best radio signal strength as you expect from Motorola. I'd still have mine....but I like to tinker to much. Lol

My wife had an iPhone 4s. Then an S2. Went back to her 4s. And said she wanted an iPhone 5s. Then she played with my moto x and loved it. I gave it to her and got an N5...to play with. I asked her a month later if she still wanted a 5s.....she said nope. She never wants another iPhone.

She may want the next X tho. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Your Dad may take issue with the trade tho. Lol

hahaha yeah i think i'd swap then! and nooo hes not really bothered which he has, he likes the nexus- if anything he thinks the nexus is better//the same.. not gonna decline the offer though am i ;) "1 2 3 no swap back" hahaha

varxx

Oct 6, 2011
A vote for the Moto X. I've bought a handful of phones of the years (HTC, Samsung, LG, Nokia, Moto), a few for myself and more for my family members. The Moto X stands ahead of the others for quality, ruggedness and design.

In fact, just for fun I did T-Mobile's 7-day iPhone 5s test drive last week, and I returned it a day early. I wanted to get back to my Moto X. (And I'm a Mac fanboy, by the way.)

That said, I do miss flashing ROMs the way I did on my HTC Sensation. But I probably get more actual use out of my phone now.

Last edited:

dethrat

Jan 2, 2012
hey everybody, i wasnt sure where i should ask this question but here we go.
My dad is looking for a new phone, looking at the moto x or nexus 4 because theyre pretty much the same price and ive always wanted the moto x. I have a nexus 4 now and hes thinking on buying the moto x and swapping it for my nexus 4. would you guys recomend me doing it? im having some doubts and i will list them now
doubts about swapping:
i love the nexus 4 design
i love how the nexus 4 has a android L preview and will get updates quick
i love the choice of roms, kernels and all sorts.
when i had a moto g (as a temp phone) to be able to use hangouts you had to have the text messaging app on as well, which i didnt like in the slightest. also the phone app didnt have the search feature like the nexus does.

Reasons to swap:
i like the smaller bezzles of the moto x
i like the features
i like how its faster
i like how the battery is better
i like how the speaker doesnt flicker like the nexus 4
better camera
better front camera
no snapchat reboots
(smoother?)
how it doesnt heat up and throttle like the nexus

I've searched and searched but nothing really answers my question, they just compare price and stuff but price isnt a problem. What do you guys recommend? Thanks.
You've asked in the moto x forum. Are you asking for biased views? Because your gonna get them.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
Why Nexus 4? Why you picked that? Where I live Nexus 5 and X are of almost same price (N5 being slightly higher), and in UK the price is almost same if I am not wrong, unless you are in a contract. N4 is quite outdated, old.

Moto X definitely. Chose it over Nexus 5. The reasons have been said already, a lot of times, still repeating, Active display, AMOLED, Ergonomics and Size, Call quality, Speaker phone quality, and of course the performance. While with Nexus you will get the fastest Android out there at the moment because of better hardware, and a bigger display with more resolution, but it's IPS, so it's dull, call quality can never match X's, everyone knows how the speaker is on the N5, no active display, if that matters to you, and last but not the least an extremely fragile device.

If there were a phone at X's size, with S5's display, Z2/1020's camera and G3's hardware then I would probably let myself switch off from browsing mobile related websites for six months.

Joseluize

Aug 17, 2011
So I have a moto x right now and just loved the active display function. Very good battery life and smoother. Just my opinion.

Wutang200

Jul 14, 2011
Manchester
I've had a N4 before and there's no comparison when pitted against the Moto X. Almost everything about the X is better than the N4 and N5.

idonttakedrugs

Jun 25, 2013
Blackpool
A vote for the Moto X. I've bought a handful of phones of the years (HTC, Samsung, LG, Nokia, Moto), a few for myself and more for my family members. The Moto X stands ahead of the others for quality, ruggedness and design.

In fact, just for fun I did T-Mobile's 7-day iPhone 5s test drive last week, and I returned it a day early. I wanted to get back to my Moto X. (And I'm a Mac fanboy, by the way.)

That said, I do miss flashing ROMs the way I did on my HTC Sensation. But I probably get more actual use out of my phone now.

okay, sounds good!! thanks

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
I wouldn't say the X is better than the N5, just bought a N5 after having my moto x for almost a year, the major difference is development for N5 kicks azz while the moto x development just sucks. Both phones have there advantages and disadvantages, yes moto did a good job on the firmware side but for those who run custom Roms and the such the N5 rocks. Sorry moto ,nexus devices are always going to be in my pocket from this day forward

Moto X to a Nexus 5