[Discontinued]MIUIce Cream Sammich [Android4.0.1 + MIUI Hybrid][UPDATE 11/12/11]

Search This thread

GazaIan

Dec 27, 2010
Your basement
twitter.com
Unfortunately, XDA has banned Galnet ROMs due to one or more GPL violations. As a rule abiding XDA user, I cannot continue to support this ROM.

MIUIceCreamSammich - A Port of Galnet ICS MIUI build.​

Every special day gets a ROM, and this ROM's release date was 11.11.11!

ics-sha.png
3d-glossy-green-orb-icon-alphanumeric-plus-sign.png
miuiandroid_logo.png

The current build is 1.11.9

Network Modifications:

• Improved Signal Strength over all supported devices
  • Correct management of 3G and 2G selections ( Error being on certain models that it wouldn’t work previously )

Framework Modifications:

• Correct management of ICS framework requirements
  • Fixed occasions where Android Process would crash (required reboot to resolve)
  • Power management fully implemented from ICS
  • Repair to Sensor management in Debug mode

UI Improvements

• Improved 3D support throughout rom (All Devices)
  • Correct issues where lockscreen clock would randomly freeze (Defy)
  • Improved camera response (Shutter) speeds

Additional Features:

• WiFi Calling
  • Icon for Firewall
  • Compass
  • Maxthon Mobile Browser
  • Galnet Video
  • Hold Power brings down toggles (from which you can reboot/shutdown
  • ~10 second fast boot time

Everything should be working, Inform me if I am wrong.

Please note: This looks exactly the same as normal MIUI. ICS benefits are running under the hood. This is not a pure ICS ROM, nor is it MIUI's official Ice Cream Sandwich build; This is just loads of the ICS Framework blended in to the current MIUI Build by Galnet.

Instructions: Wipe user Data and /system. Flash ROM. Eat cookie. Play a song of accomplishment and enjoy.

Of course, Thanks to GalnetMIUI team for even making a MIUI + ICS Hybrid, and thanks to all the MIUI team for making the ever so awesome MIUI.

Check out GalnetMIUI here; http://galnetmiui.co.uk/landing/

Last edited:

GazaIan

Dec 27, 2010
Your basement
twitter.com
UPDATE INFO AND FIXES

FFC and Search Fix: http://www.multiupload.com/LEZSSYKMH7

Back and Menu Wake: http://www.multiupload.com/0BS9PTZ08H

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build 1.11.9 v2: Minor update, just fixes the FFC and the Search button.

Build 1.11.9 - Release Build for Glacier.

FUTURE VERSIONS

• Will be based on the new 2.11.26 build
  • ICS themes (will be written to SD Card, in case you don't want as your default theme)
  • ICS animations
  • a few changes to apps
  • move some apps to data for easier uninstallation (some apps have a tendency to crap out when this is done, even if the app isnt really a system app)
  • More Ice Cream Sammiches :D
  • a Cookie

Last edited:

smokeuout

Jun 1, 2011
I cant find mytouch 4g anywhere on that site. I even used their search. I found ics rom but mt4g wasnt listed as supported. Did i miss something?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

gd6noob

Apr 29, 2011
Please note: This looks exactly the same as normal MIUI. ICS benefits are running under the hood. This is not a pure ICS ROM, nor is it MIUI's official Ice Cream Sandwich build; This is just loads of the ICS Framework blended in to the current MIUI Build by Galnet.
Does everything works in this rom? Is it real ics?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

You dont like to read much, do you?

gd6noob

Apr 29, 2011
myTouch 4G isn't mentioned as a supported device on that site; the big yellow download button leads to the myTouch 4G port. the site is only the for credits.
aww too bad, our MT4G isnt the official supported device... do we still get the benefits of the "Improved signal strength" and the correct 3G/2G selections like the official supported devices?

jr_718

Jul 10, 2011
Downloading....Going to try it and thanks...:)..All you dev are great at what you do, the thrill, excitement, fun, hard work, challenge of developing Rom(s)..Thank you...

pipposs2007

Aug 10, 2009
thank you very much. it is a great job. how could you do that without ics release? any chance to install some kernel that allows uv? thanks

smokeuout

Jun 1, 2011
Been messing around with it and it seems very smooth, intuitive, and user friendly. Thanks for port

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using xda premium

Foo_Blyat

Sep 29, 2009
Chicago
Been messing around with it and it seems very smooth, intuitive, and user friendly. Thanks for port

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using xda premium

I agree, so smooth and nothings broken. I was never going to try an miui rom but this being ics i had to flash. Im in love, this will stay my dd

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately, XDA has banned Galnet ROMs due to one or more GPL violations. As a rule abiding XDA user, I cannot continue to support this ROM.

MIUIceCreamSammich - A Port of Galnet ICS MIUI build.​

Every special day gets a ROM, and this ROM's release date was 11.11.11!

ics-sha.png
    3d-glossy-green-orb-icon-alphanumeric-plus-sign.png
    miuiandroid_logo.png

The current build is 1.11.9

Network Modifications:

• Improved Signal Strength over all supported devices
    • Correct management of 3G and 2G selections ( Error being on certain models that it wouldn’t work previously )

Framework Modifications:

• Correct management of ICS framework requirements
    • Fixed occasions where Android Process would crash (required reboot to resolve)
    • Power management fully implemented from ICS
    • Repair to Sensor management in Debug mode

UI Improvements

• Improved 3D support throughout rom (All Devices)
    • Correct issues where lockscreen clock would randomly freeze (Defy)
    • Improved camera response (Shutter) speeds

Additional Features:

• WiFi Calling
    • Icon for Firewall
    • Compass
    • Maxthon Mobile Browser
    • Galnet Video
    • Hold Power brings down toggles (from which you can reboot/shutdown
    • ~10 second fast boot time

Everything should be working, Inform me if I am wrong.

Instructions: Wipe user Data and /system. Flash ROM. Eat cookie. Play a song of accomplishment and enjoy.

Of course, Thanks to GalnetMIUI team for even making a MIUI + ICS Hybrid, and thanks to all the MIUI team for making the ever so awesome MIUI.

Check out GalnetMIUI here; http://galnetmiui.co.uk/landing/
    Trackpad Wake

I just found this guide and it worked for me to enable trackpad wake.
    Original thread: here

1. connect your phone to your pc and open a cmd window
    2. execute the following commands:

adb shell
    stop
    cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/
    cp settings.db settings.bak
    sqlite3 settings.db "insert into system (name,value) values ('trackball_wake_screen',1);"
    start

3. thats it, if you want to disable it again do the same again but instead of
    sqlite3 settings.db "insert into system (name,value) values ('trackball_wake_screen',1);"
    use
    sqlite3 settings.db "insert into system (name,value) values ('trackball_wake_screen',0);"

Edit: If this simple guide was helpful and worked for you, please give me a thanks.
    UPDATE INFO AND FIXES

FFC and Search Fix: http://www.multiupload.com/LEZSSYKMH7

Back and Menu Wake: http://www.multiupload.com/0BS9PTZ08H

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build 1.11.9 v2: Minor update, just fixes the FFC and the Search button.

Build 1.11.9 - Release Build for Glacier.

FUTURE VERSIONS

• Will be based on the new 2.11.26 build
    • ICS themes (will be written to SD Card, in case you don't want as your default theme)
    • ICS animations
    • a few changes to apps
    • move some apps to data for easier uninstallation (some apps have a tendency to crap out when this is done, even if the app isnt really a system app)
    • More Ice Cream Sammiches :D
    • a Cookie
    Galnet pushed out a new version (FINALLY) and I've been busy as hell all weekend up to now so the timing was perfect, although the ICS builds link is strangely hidden (or moved?) either way I'm gonna work on that, as well as a couple extra mods as well, and maybe a free cookie. I see some people like supercharged, and although I never noticed any difference when I use it (on CM7) I'm gonna throw it in anyway.. ICS animations (once I fix my bootloader, ****ed it up two days ago with easyBCD ), add/update extra apes.. Got a ****load of ideas in mind.

Meanwhile, let me distract you with this cat.

i_love_you_cat.jpg

EDIT: Minor name change to the ROM. Just had to.
    UPDATE! :D

Search and FFC fixed added for current users, ROM itself updated for newcomers.