Search This thread

rajax

Feb 7, 2012
Last edited:

aryan79

May 11, 2009
Venice
Have you problem with the new SuperSU?

I have read this: "Be careful with that version of SuperSU. It is not yet stable (on the N4 at least). There is an issue where for some reason (and we haven't figured it out yet), you lose root, and the daemonsu process starts eating up ~70%+ of your CPU time. Battery dies pretty quick. "

Xzan

Dec 15, 2010
Thank you

My wife's phone got the OTA update. It already downloaded so I just had the file name, showing it is in cache:

6c7ff815e7762f651ad6f8c74e5cb281093f1e0b.signed-yakju-JWR66V-from-JDQ39.6c7ff815.zip

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot ! I'm applying the update right now ! :)

unreal64

Feb 17, 2010
Rome
www.unreal64.it
Hello there!
I have a galaxy nexus stock 4.2.2 with no root and stock android recovery. Is there a way to flash this zip thru standard recovery? I don't want to mess up things so I'm asking before trying... Tks! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

@sakis_the_fraud
I've had already CWM installed, I'm assuming you also have it:
1.- boot into CWM
2.- backup
3.- flash OTA zip
4.- flash superSU
5.- Reboot system

That's all

Regards

thank you for the guide!

unfortunately i couldn't install it that way because i have deleted some of the google apps. :/

4e6a2aju.jpg

i finally upgraded with flashtool. :D

Last edited:

gialakias

Mar 4, 2012
Athens
Google Pixel 4 XL

garysargent

Sep 29, 2010
Yes of course, with adb sideload, check section A in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2145848

I just did this myself - stock 4.2.2 and stock bootloader.

Adb sideload worked fine and I didn't lose any data.

Only strange thing was my live wallpaper was uninstalled, but everything else seems ok, and I just reinstalled the wallpaper from the Play store.

I don't see "yakju" mentioned in the software build details anymore like other releases???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My wife's phone got the OTA update. It already downloaded so I just had the file name, showing it is in cache:

6c7ff815e7762f651ad6f8c74e5cb281093f1e0b.signed-yakju-JWR66V-from-JDQ39.6c7ff815.zip

But based on other OTA updates for Yakju it appears that I can put the normal first part of the url in front of it, so download link is: http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_maguro/6c7ff815e7762f651ad6f8c74e5cb281093f1e0b.signed-yakju-JWR66V-from-JDQ39.6c7ff815.zip

Enjoy!
    emsntns stamens

This method won't work if you have deleted some google apps.

I finally flashed used the flashtool, there are details on this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2376516

Android 4.3 being pushed to Galaxy Nexus now! Factory Images out too!

As it is mentioned on the other topic, f you want to keep your data, just flash each file seperately and skip the userdata.img . :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This is what I did, and worked flawlessly:

I updated my UNLOCKED takju like this, and it seems to work ok:

- Download and unpack takju-jwr66v-factory-c2ef855e.tgz to some folder (gives you a subfolder called takju-jwr66v)
    - Unpack file image-takju-jwr66v.zip (found in folder above, gives you files boot.img, recovery.img, system.img ..)
    - Connect phone, make sure to activate debugging first
    - Check with command adb devices , this should show you an id for your phone

Something like this:

List of devices attached
    0149C25E0A011009 device

Go to folder takju-jwr66v and issue commands below

- fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-primemd04.img
    - fastboot reboot-bootloader
    - fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxlj1.img
    - fastboot reboot-bootloader

Go to folder image-takju-jwr66v

- fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    - fastboot flash system system.img
    - fastboot reboot

DO NOT flash userdata.img !!
    Hello there!
    I have a galaxy nexus stock 4.2.2 with no root and stock android recovery. Is there a way to flash this zip thru standard recovery? I don't want to mess up things so I'm asking before trying... Tks! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Yes of course, with adb sideload, check section A in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2145848

Sent from my Nexus 4
    @aryan79
    I've flashed 20 minutes ago, until now It's working fine, I will post if some problems occur
    @sakis_the_fraud
    I've had already CWM installed, I'm assuming you also have it:
    1.- boot into CWM
    2.- backup
    3.- flash OTA zip
    4.- flash superSU
    5.- Reboot system

That's all

Regards
    Hello there!
    No.