[INFO] Xperia theme engine - new possibilities

Search This thread

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I just got information that confirms thing I asked Sony months ago...

"The question was - why don't you add navigation bar settings to your firmwares?
Just the basic ones - size and number of buttons/icons."

I received a answer - we are working on something similar.
(That's not exact words but it was something like that)

Now we have this (in latest firmware)
e5y2uqes.jpg

If we get changeable navigation bar in stock ROMs I won't (maybe) even need to root my device.

We have enough space for apps so I just hide those I don't need or don't want them in app drawer.

Maybe they add options to hide app icons in drawer...
Obviously, they are listening community (I don't think they listened me only of course) and working on great and important things and features in firmwares...

If we find a way to root LBL devices it'll be really interesting to build new themes which could be changed and adapted by end user simply going to settings....

Awesome...

Sorry because I opened new thread but I'm so excited they add this and can't wait to build new theme with few nav bar icons set you'll be able to choose from.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

drknezz

Aug 11, 2010
Melbourne
Disregard the colors (thats gravitybox which requires root but fairly sure you can do this directly anyway. This is the Nightcity theme which has different navbar icons

Sent from my D6503

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Disregard the colors (thats gravitybox which requires root but fairly sure you can do this directly anyway. This is the Nightcity theme which has different navbar icons

Sent from my D6503

Obviously, you didn't get what I wanna say.
All those option could be, and most likely will be, changed by user.
Just like we could make a theme that will "aks you " which wallpaper would you like yo use (I built many themes that way) we'll be able to choose nav bar, colors and other elements.

We themers could add five different navigation bar icons in theme so end user will pick one of those icon set.

Now you can build theme to ask for a wallpaper
rusutagu.jpg

You'll (probably) have similar window to choose navigation bar icons.

Reactions: bluheart

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got information that confirms thing I asked Sony months ago...

"The question was - why don't you add navigation bar settings to your firmwares?
    Just the basic ones - size and number of buttons/icons."

I received a answer - we are working on something similar.
    (That's not exact words but it was something like that)

Now we have this (in latest firmware)
    e5y2uqes.jpg

If we get changeable navigation bar in stock ROMs I won't (maybe) even need to root my device.

We have enough space for apps so I just hide those I don't need or don't want them in app drawer.

Maybe they add options to hide app icons in drawer...
    Obviously, they are listening community (I don't think they listened me only of course) and working on great and important things and features in firmwares...

If we find a way to root LBL devices it'll be really interesting to build new themes which could be changed and adapted by end user simply going to settings....

Awesome...

Sorry because I opened new thread but I'm so excited they add this and can't wait to build new theme with few nav bar icons set you'll be able to choose from.

Sorry but how to create themes? Any links?

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk

Created by OP. :good:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2624136
    Sorry but how to create themes? Any links?

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk

This could help you as well...
    I wrote few tutorials and I'm sure that could help you.

If you need anything - send PM ;)

GENERAL ABOUT APKTOOL AND SMALLI

TUTORIAL HOW TO BUILD/EDIT THEMES (using ApkTools)

Sent from my D6503

Obviously, you didn't get what I wanna say.
    All those option could be, and most likely will be, changed by user.
    Just like we could make a theme that will "aks you " which wallpaper would you like yo use (I built many themes that way) we'll be able to choose nav bar, colors and other elements.

We themers could add five different navigation bar icons in theme so end user will pick one of those icon set.

Now you can build theme to ask for a wallpaper
    rusutagu.jpg

You'll (probably) have similar window to choose navigation bar icons.