Live Wallpaper & Nexus Launcher Patch 3-21-2010

Search This thread

vash8806

Mar 6, 2009
Yo is it just me? or is Nexus Launcher not loading half the times? When I switch from Sense to Nexus Launcher, I can't select anything on the screen...I can only access the hard buttons....Sometimes, the icons will work, but when I hit the menu soft icon, nothing shows up..[all apps r missing]........I'm updating to ivan's 0.7 so hopefully it'll be smoother...will post results tomorrow...

androidsteve

Mar 25, 2010
Jcase, I have grdlock's all in one root on my eris. Everything works but live wallpapers and the nexus launcher is very slow after coming off a lock screen. What steps do I have to do to install your latest flash for nexus launcher and live wallpapers. What do I have to remove, delete off my sd card for this to work..much thanks to you for your help...Will this delete my apps??

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
androidsteve,

Not knowing what his all in one does, I can't assist you. Grdlock is knowledgeable, and is the one that worked with me getting live wallpapers working. My advise is to ask him.

androidsteve

Mar 25, 2010
Jcase, I have tried to ask him several times within three days with no response. I understand that he probably is a busy person, but he has responded to others, even if they have posted after me. im not complaining, because we are all at the mercy of you dev's, im just trying to figure this out. im so close to having everything working..thank you for your time..

lljksac

Mar 29, 2010
Yo is it just me? or is Nexus Launcher not loading half the times? When I switch from Sense to Nexus Launcher, I can't select anything on the screen...I can only access the hard buttons....Sometimes, the icons will work, but when I hit the menu soft icon, nothing shows up..[all apps r missing]........I'm updating to ivan's 0.7 so hopefully it'll be smoother...will post results tomorrow...

Have an update on this? I'm running the newest Sense-able (2.0) and am experiencing the same. I really like the launcher and don't use the live wallpapers, but it's just so laggy on my current setup.

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Have an update on this? I'm running the newest Sense-able (2.0) and am experiencing the same. I really like the launcher and don't use the live wallpapers, but it's just so laggy on my current setup.

I have not used any rom but Ivan's and own. So I don't know what to tell you. Ask you rom author to look into it.

failsaf3

Feb 10, 2010
This happens to me occasionally. The launcher icon works but none of the other icons on my screen seem to work- also menu button does not work. Hitting the home button resolves the issue and everything works fine.

failsaf3

Feb 10, 2010
anyone else having issues with launcher force closing after using camera?

Edit: camera is forcing reboot now.

Last edited:

Lemcott

Mar 16, 2010
I'm on the VanillaDroid from GrdLock, I really want to get the nexus launcher with the 5 (7? cant remember how many) screens, VanillaDroid already supports live wallpapers. would i still have to install this whole package? or is there just nexus launcher by itself somewhere that i can install that would still have live wallpapers because of VanillaDroid? I was able to find the original nexus launcher patch, but it wasnt for the eris from what i can tell so i have hesitated on installing it

`mods

Mar 21, 2010
Just got around to doing this today. Works great. Loving the Matrix wallpaper.
:D

jbaruch76

Jun 5, 2010
thanks for this help. however, just to be clear, i can't get the water and leaves live wallpaper to run on the eris at all?

boneman69

Jul 16, 2010
Oil City, PA
Live Wallpaper Question.

Hi all, I am a noobie to all this rooting stuff. I do have a question about the live wallpapers. First, let me say I think all the Dev's and hard workers here are AMAZING! I can't imagine having half your brains. Anyway, I have rooted my Eris per the instructions with no problems. Worked perfect the first time. I palyed around with a couple different ROMS. EvilEris and xtrSENSE3.0.3 to be exact. I loaded the lwp per instructions without a problem. The issue I am having is I can only get the "Flying Toaster" wallpaper to stay after turning the screen off. The others (i.e. Globe, Aquarium, Heart bubbles etc) are non functioning when I turn the screen back on. It reverts to a standard wallpaper. Any thoughts on why this might be??? BTW, if this post is in the wrong place, please advise me where to post it.

Top Liked Posts