SetCPU for Root Users [2.2.4] Undervolting and more 07/07/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thewarchild

Sep 23, 2010
yeah, which is fine I respect that.

I restored 2.2.4 from a backup, tried to use it and it failed on a htc velocity 4g.

now, I am unable to install it at all. I keep getting a 403 when I go to download.

according to my google account IH ave purchased it, but I do not recall doing so... but maybe I did since it says so.

either or, still get the 403.. unable to install or download... really sux I went to the effort of rooting this phone for this app! haha.

thewarchild

Sep 23, 2010
ok, I have worked out my problem but I have no idea on how to fix it.

I have never purchased SetCPU (I didn't think so but google play was telling me otherwise).

How do I know? I have checked google wallett, which shows me my complete google purchase history and its not on there.

so, not sure where to go from here I spose I need to wait for them to respond to me emails.

hvihavai

ok, I have worked out my problem but I have no idea on how to fix it.

I have never purchased SetCPU (I didn't think so but google play was telling me otherwise).

How do I know? I have checked google wallett, which shows me my complete google purchase history and its not on there.

so, not sure where to go from here I spose I need to wait for them to respond to me emails.

Play market shows apps as purchased if user has installed paid app from some other source, like setcpu from xda.

Reactions: thewarchild

elendell

Apr 9, 2012
Hello,

Sorry but I'm a new member XDA, beginer in android and i speak a bad english.

I would like to know how many memory are needed for install this app, please.
Because i have 12Mo free in phone, 1.1Go in SD and 179Mo in Ram but the installer say to me: insufficient memory for installing.

Panos_dm

Jan 26, 2011
Hello,

Sorry but I'm a new member XDA, beginer in android and i speak a bad english.

I would like to know how many memory are needed for install this app, please.
Because i have 12Mo free in phone, 1.1Go in SD and 179Mo in Ram but the installer say to me: insufficient memory for installing.

Try to free some memory in the phone and you will install it. Move some apps to the sd card. Android doesn't let you install new software after you exceed a certain percent of the device's internal memory.

sent from my nokia 3210

elendell

Apr 9, 2012
Try to free some memory in the phone and you will install it.
I have already removed much but I do not know what else to delete because they are just small apps but useful for my work. So I am afraid of having to delete everything. That's why I want to know the memory space required to install SetCPU.

Move some apps to the sd card.
Unfortunately, none of the remaining ones are going on the SD Card. I just hope it will be possible then to transfer SetCPU on SD.

Android doesn't let you install new software after you exceed a certain percent of the device's internal memory.
This is good information and I had not thought of. It would be interesting to know what that percentage is.

Thank you for your response. :)

ironadd

Oct 26, 2011
Vancouver
Update is fixed for all of those that got SetCpu From XDA...... Just update and it will ask if you would like to make the purchase for $1.99:)

oneG

Feb 28, 2009
The Shadows
When I try to install any of the apks listed in the first post I get the parsing error. It never did that before...why?

Still on 2.3.7

maschenazi

Nov 26, 2008
Butzbach
Hi
Just bought the app from the market.
Quick question: does this set the same CPU frequency for both CPU0 and CPU1 ? Does this forces the second core online all the time ?
Also, I noticed there is a widget for SetCPU, but nothing happens when I try to add it to my home screen.
Thanks

EDIT: forgot to add my setup :)
HTC Sensation with ARHD 6.6.2
Kernel SebastianFM v 1.4.1

Last edited:

congo1971

Nov 23, 2011
Den Haag
Because of your comment, i have give it a try, and bought the app on the market, but still problems :(

I have to choose at all profiles a minimum of 500, and a maximum of 1000.

When i put lower settings by minimum or maximum, my galaxy sII will freeze or crash and shut down.

Model: GT-I9100
Build: iml74K.XXLPQ
CPU: ABI: armeabi-v7a

Kernel: Linux version 3.0.15-I9100XXLPQ-CL223505(se.infra@SEP-94) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #3 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 9 02:19:25 KST 2012

Fixed it! I'm realy a noob! Had to change voltage settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM developers: Please do not include SetCPU in your ROM. I appreciate the work you're doing, but link to this thread instead, and I'd really appreciate it if you mention that SetCPU is available on the Android Market. :)

SetCPU is a CPU speed tweaking application for Android. More specifically, it allows control of certain aspects of the Linux cpufreq driver, allowing for overclocking, underclocking, or tweaking speeds and settings on many Android devices. It will work with most if not all rooted Android 1.5/1.6/2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3/3.0/3.1 builds on most devices.

The program is free here for XDA members. It costs 1.99 on the Android Market and available for purchase on the Amazon Appstore for users in the US.

QR code (please donate by buying it on the market :D):

Warning: Extremely low or higher than normal frequencies may freeze your phone. Especially high frequencies (such as those enabled in certain custom kernels) have a risk of shortening the life of your phone. If your phone freezes, just yank out the battery.

Please buy it on the Market to donate if you like it. :)

Documentation and more information can be found here: http://www.setcpu.com/

Changelog:
    1.4.0: Revamped the main interface quite a bit, and fixed a few minor bugs.

1.4.0a: fixed a bug where 122MHz was being called 128MHz.

1.4.1: * Using Eclair API. Will work on QVGA devices (Tattoo) and WVGA devices (Sholes)
    * Major performance enhancements - setting frequencies should be much faster in every situation (in the main application, profiles, upon startup, etc.).
    * Added a small home screen widget that shows the current maximum and minimum frequencies. Clicking this widget launches SetCPU.
    * Frequency lists for Snapdragon devices, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Cliq, and HTC Tattoo have been included, though support for these devices is experimental. The device can be selected on the introduction screen.
    * Custom frequency lists are now supported. To enable custom frequencies, place a file called setcpu.txt on /sdcard/ or /system/sd/, sorting frequencies in kHz, separated by comma, from lowest to highest, then select the corresponding option on the introduction screen.
    * There is no longer a "set" button - changing the seekbar positions will immediately set the frequency. As a result, all seekbars in the application will now snap back if the user attempts to place the maximum frequency below minimum.
    * Instead of refusing to work at all, SetCPU will now operate in a read-only mode if root access is not detected.

1.4.2: Instead of choosing between performance (always max) and ondemand CPU governors, there is now a drop down list with all the available governors on the device. Thanks morfic! Added CPU scaling configurations for the OMAP3 processor of the Motorola Sholes/Droid/Milestone. This is strictly in beta. Custom frequency list now reads from /system/setcpu in addition to setcpu.txt on SD FAT or EXT.

1.4.3: Includes compatibility fixes for HDPI devices and UI enhancements. Frequency lists for the Samsung Moment (untested), the T-Mobile Pulse, and the Acer Liquid have been included. The application will no longer sometimes re-set CPU frequencies upon launch.

1.4.3a: Added more frequencies for the Nexus One.

1.4.3b: Fixed a widget issue on the Nexus One. Sorry for the rather rapid succession of updates the past few days!

1.4.3c: Adds support for 600MHz kernel patches on the Motorola Droid. On the Droid configuration. SetCPU will attempt to detect the existence of 600MHz and adjust the frequency list accordingly.

1.4.4: Adds an "autodetect" option that works on newer kernels (at the bottom of the device selection screen). This should enable the supercharged speeds in some of tasmanian_droid's newer kernels. Fixes a force close crash when selecting some frequency lists that were not compatible with the device (thanks Julian).

1.4.5: - Streamlined/refactored profiles code.
    - Added "battery temperature" profile. SetCPU is now able to set a certain speed when the battery goes above a user-defined threshold. This would optimally be set to throttle the CPU lower at a high temperature. To ensure compatibility with your device, see if a valid temperature is displayed in the "System Info" menu. This profile does not take effect immediately and does not replace being cautious - it is not based on CPU core temperature, and must wait for a battery state change before reacting.
    - Added an "About" button to the main screen with simple themes. Default color scheme is now "Dark"
    - Adjusted the widget to display four digit speeds properly (thanks Berzerker).
    - Various bugfixes and UI tweaks.

1.4.6: Fixed issues with the battery profile. Included a much better icon thanks to Josh Deere (dphase).

1.5.0: * CPU governors can now be defined in profiles.
    * Included a notifications service for profiles - turn this on using the relevant checkbox in the profiles menu.
    * Profiles now log which speed and governor is being set.
    * Added "advanced" tweaking capability for conservative governor.
    * The system info menu and profiles menu now show temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit, and the widget also now displays battery temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit.
    * Added a "long benchmark" option to the system info menu, which should be more consistent than the "short benchmark."
    * Also added a simple stress test to the system info panel to test the stability of overclocks.
    * Autodetect is now the default for devices that support it, and will be the first option in the menu if available.
    * Improved I/O performance.
    * Various bugfixes, especially in profiles.

1.5.0a: * Charging profile now no longer takes effect when the phone is at 100% battery and unplugged.

1.5.1: * Two more battery profiles added. Lower battery readings will always take priority (eg. under 80% will always take priority over under 100%).
    * Governor will now refresh alongside the other readings. Added governor reading under current frequency reading.
    * Added an auto-refresh checkbox to the main screen. If checked, SetCPU will periodically refresh the current frequency reading without the need for pressing the refresh button. This checkbox applies to the system info panel as well.
    * Tweaked the widget, and attempted to fix the elusive bug where the widget did not update correctly sometimes.

1.5.1a: * Fixed widget being cut off in landscape mode.
    * Fixed Fahrenheit temperature reading in profiles.

1.5.2: * Added optional failsafe notification warning system that plays a ringtone and flashes the LED red when the failsafe profile is active (thanks WootRoot!).
    * Added "copy to clipboard" function for the System Info menu (press Menu).
    * Added an optional "active" widget, which will refresh CPU speeds at an interval like the main interface.
    * Added support for the OMAP3 temperature sensor for the Droid. If present, use of the OMAP3 temperature sensor can be enabled in the failsafe profile.
    * If available, the OMAP3 temperature can also be read in the system info menu.
    * CPU temperature settings will only appear if the sensor is present and support for the temperature sensor is enabled in the kernel! Right now, this is only for the Droid.
    * The about menu now defaults to a "default" theme where SetCPU will not mess with any backgrounds defined in the XML layout.
    * Fixed stress test failing when JIT is enabled.

1.5.2a: * Temperature sensor used in the widget for the Droid is now controlled by the failsafe setting. I will implement a proper appwidget configuration activity in a later update.
    * Fixed an issue with the audible warning notification not being properly dismissed.
    * Profiles optimizations.

1.5.3: * Memory/performance footprint decreased.
    * Battery drain should be fixed on the Droid.

1.5.3a: * Active widget CPU usage optimized.
    * Further profiles optimization for the Droid.
    * Uncommon I/O force close fixed.

1.5.4: * Switched to the Android 2.2 SDK.
    * Enabled external storage support (install location is automatic).
    * Eliminated the distinction between the active and passive widgets, and replaced it with an appwidget configuration activity for the widget, allowing the user to choose the color of the max/min text, temperature display, temperature sensor (Droid), and refresh interval.
    * Optimized the active widget refreshing.
    * SetCPU will now hide non-autodetect frequencies by default on devices where autodetect is available, but hard coded frequencies and the custom option can be re-enabled with a button.
    * Custom frequency list can now read from this exact file: /data/local/setcpu (in addition to the previous setcpu.txt on SD fat or ext).
    * Includes various bug fixes and minor UI changes.

1.6.0: * Ported parts of the app to the NDK to improve performance.
    * Fixed a bug where the widget was resetting colors upon reboot or launcher orientation change.
    * Autodetect now works for all devices. It is recommended by default.

2.0.0: * User interface has been completely redesigned, and now uses tabs for switching between menus instead of buttons. Landscape mode in the main tab no longer requires scrolling down. The Advanced menu and Profiles menu have also been redesigned for a better landscape experience.
    * The "auto-refresh" option and refresh button in the main interface and system info menu have been retired - SetCPU always auto-refreshes automatically.
    * The profiles menu and service have been recoded from scratch, and now allows the creation of unlimited profiles with custom priorities. The "priority" meter for each profile determines the order in which it is evaluated - if two profiles apply to a given situation, the profile with the higher priority will be set. If you had profiles set before 2.0.0, you will need to set them again.
    * Profiles have been further optimized for performance footprint as a result of the re-structure.
    * Added "Charging AC/Full" and "Charging USB/Full" profile conditions to distinguish between fast charging and slow charging modes on some devices (thanks Julian).
    * Added a beta "perflock disabler" feature that will enable frequency changing on stock HTC 2.6.29 kernels. Access the perflock disabler this by pressing Menu in the main interface. If this gives you an error, does not work, or crashes your phone, your kernel is not compatible - pull your battery to reset if necessary. E-mail me with your ROM, phone model and kernel information in "System Info" (thanks to Richard for a lot of help with the low-level stuff, and no thanks to HTC for implementing perflock in such a way ;). To access the perflock disabler, press Menu in SetCPU's main interface.
    * Code cleanup and more.
    * A big thanks to everyone who tested, especially those who gave feedback on this one, all the people who purchased SetCPU from the Android Market, as well as all my users.

2.0.0a: * Fixed a permissions error that was causing SetCPU to autodetect incorrectly and force close on some ROMs.

2.0.0b: * More fixes, sorry guys.
    * Fixed an issue with profiles and custom frequency lists.
    * Clarified the profiles priorities introduction.
    * Fixed a bug with the Advanced menu erroneously reporting values if the governor was changed after onResume was called, and fixed a crash that sometimes occurred as a result.
    * Fixed a bug where the passive widget acted like the active widget after frequencies were manually set.

2.0.0c: * Fixed issues with the Advanced menu and Advanced settings not being
    applied on boot.
    * Fixed an issue in where temperature warnings were not being dismissed
    properly.
    * SetCPU 2.0.0 no longer force closes on Android 1.5 devices, but the UI in
    some menus is flawed. I recommend that you update to a more recent version of
    Android if possible.

2.0.1: * Added a few widget backgrounds. Configure this when adding the widget.
    * Added the ability to "swipe" to the next tab.
    * Fixed various bugs.
    * New documentation is up.

2.0.2: ** End of life for Android 1.5 support.
    - Perflock disabler support for HTC-kernel 2.6.32.15.
    - New native benchmark button in the system info menu. The results of this benchmark is unaffected by VM optimizations like JIT, so it's ideal for speed comparisons across different devices.
    - Added support for tweaking the "min sample time" of the interactive governor, if available.
    - Fixed a bug where the scaling governor would not change when the profile switched and SetCPU's main tab was visible.
    - Fixed an ANR bug in the "set on boot" function which sometimes caused the Advanced settings to not apply.
    - Fixed an issue where SetCPU sometimes did not start on boot when used with Superuser Permissions 2.2.x.
    - Fixed a force close issue that occurred when SetCPU could not autodetect frequencies due to permissions errors in the ROM.

2.0.3 - Added a "safe mode" function that prevents SetCPU from running any tasks during boot if a file called "setcpu_safemode" exists in /sdcard or /data/local. This is useful if unstable settings were saved with "set on boot" checked.
    - Reverted changes originally made to compensate for the old Superuser Permissions startup bug. SetCPU should perform startup tasks expediently again.
    - Perflock disabler has been tested to be stable on supported kernels. The perflock disabler menu now has a "set on boot" function. Always disable this when switching to a new kernel or ROM. If you forget to do this and you get crashes, you can use the safe mode function above to disable it.
    - Fixed crash issues with read-only (no root) mode, and disabled perflock disabler in read-only mode.
    - Fixed a crash related to the widget service.

2.0.4 - Added the ability to back up and restore profiles to and from the SD card by pressing the Menu button in the Profiles tab. A "send" option is also available to send the profiles file as an attachment. Save the .setcpudb file to the SD card to restore it.
    - Added perflock disabler support for HTC kernels 2.6.32.17 and 2.6.32.21 (T-Mobile G2, myTouch HD, Desire Z, Desire HD). "Set on boot" will not yet work on these devices because they only have temporary root.
    - Fixed another crash in the widget.

2.1.0 - Significant UI and user experience revamp, including a new background for the widget, and new notification icons
    - Added a quick priority swap button to the profile lists
    - Significantly improved the reliability of autodetect on certain kernels
    - Numerous bug fixes and crash fixes

2.1.1 - Fixed an issue with profiles backup in CM7.
    - Added support for the Motorola Xoom, Atrix 4G, and other Tegra 2 devices.
    - Fixed various bugs.
    - Tablet optimized UI and more profiles coming soon!

2.1.1a - Fixed the 0 MHz display issue on some devices.

2.1.2 - Minor update. Adds a time of day based profile which will trigger based on a set time range. Fixes a bug with profiles and certain dual core kernels. Switched to the Android 3.0 SDK. Note that on some Tegra 2 kernels, scaling is completely controlled by the driver.

2.1.2.1 - Fixed a crash that occurred when updating from certain versions of the profiles database.

2.1.3 - Added perflock disabler support for HTC kernel 2.6.35.10 (in beta). Enhanced the Time in State readings in the System Info menu to include percentages. Removed WiFi permission until this feature is added to profiles. Fixed another database crash, and other bugfixes.

2.1.4 - Revamped Info tab UI. In portrait, clicking on an item in the Info tab will launch information on that category, and pressing back will return to the menu. In landscape, the content and the menu are split into two columns. Benchmarks are at the bottom. Added a chart for Time In State readings. Widget reliability fixes and optimizations. The main screen now indicates which kind of profile is currently active with an icon. Miscellaneous bugfixes and optimized performance.

2.2.0 - Added an "In Call" profile. Improved the Set on Boot safemode function by including a flashable zip that toggles SetCPU's safemode. Press menu on the main tab for more details. Added autodetect support for all Tegra 2 fakeShmoo kernels (ie. G2x). Added a "Voltage" tab for undervolting the CPU on fakeShmoo kernels, some custom Galaxy S kernels, and some Nexus S kernels. This is a full-fledged interface for undervolting these devices, and includes backing up and restoring and a Set on Boot checkbox. Improved the way SetCPU initially requests root. Various miscellaneous bugfixes.

2.2.1 - Fixed the voltage force close bug on some Galaxy S devices by adding undervolt support for older Galaxy S undervolt kernel patches. Added perflock disabler support for HTC kernel 2.6.35.9 (beta).

2.2.3 - Fixed an issue where the voltage menu displayed frequencies backwards on certain devices capable of voltage control. Added support for additional CPU temperature sensors.

2.2.4 - Improved support for the new MSM 8x60 devices (such as the HTC EVO 3D and Sensation).
    thanks dude, that was a fast update!

I wonder if it is possible to add some more freq. between the range of 384 and 528 for the next udpate, e.g. like 500 or 480 for the non 1.5 cupcake build.

The CPU won't set to anything else, unfortunately (if you set it to 500 for example nothing actually happens).
    I've tried just about everything:)
    Yeah the first thing I did was clear the market cache after uninstalling before going to the market. I expected to see the price for it after doing that but only saw install. No price and got the same error. I even used titanium backup to disconnect it from the market after an uninstall. Same issue. I'm sure it's not an Amazon issue with me since I've never dealt with it in Amazon except search for it to see the price, but all suggestions are welcome.
    This did just make me think of something to try. So of to try something. Thanks...:)

I wish I wasn't being ignored.... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23356474&postcount=18 is a workaround. Currently there is a bug with the Android Market (or now Google Play) where if you load a apk using the same signatures, it will think that you purchased the app (such as installing the APK in OP) and won't let you buy it. The link I linked is a workaround and will allow you to buy his app.
    Sweet.. looking for something like this.
    It has issues with Shake Awake app, everytime single time all day long shake awake forces close when I use SetCPU. Im I the only one with this issue?

Do you have the lock feature "on?" SetCPU will query a file to see if the phone is awake if lock is on.