Best ICS for P1000

Search This thread

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
On tab now, can't copy and paste here.
But in about, but in mod version there is aokp_galaxytab_build-31

I recall you said you install cm9 in your pm because you though I said you should.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

ipit

Nov 29, 2010
. Can you please do me the favor and send me a link to what ever version your on..?? It would be highly appreciated. Thanks again to you both. :) :) :)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

I'm on AOKP v31 (as per my link above). If I were you I'd wait a few days for build 33 as there would be a couple of additional bug fixes and he may even incorporate some 'patches' that require a manual installation right now.
Most importantly - READ the full instructions carefully to make sure you do the right thing.

Last edited:
@Priyana: I'm happy to confirm the I found that MIUI build I was braging about, I found out that a few ppl decided to keep cracking on this build since the original Developers gave up. I give them 10 thumbs up and 6 big toes as well. All jokes aside nuff respects to those that choose not to give up on this sickkk build. I wish I knew how to post the link, however I don't. If someone could give me a quick run down lll be more than happy to post the link. One love to all..

Sent from my GT P1000 rOcKiNg MIUI..!!!!!!!!

@ IPIT, Thanks for the heads up about the newer build coming out. I would like to know when comesrout if it hasn't already. I'm almost sure that I'm on #31, however I'm confused cause I'm new to all this but get highly overwhelmed to learn. WIFIE mad cause I don't put this TOY down, she started that I play with my P1000 more than I do her... Lol.. I SHE GOT JOKESSS................ Sent from my GT P1000 rOcKiNg MIUI..!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Hey, great to hear that you found a stable one for the MUIU
. I haven't been looking for one. Maybe next time after I am bored with the AOKP.
anyways, happy modding.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

At ipit, today I checked on the link you posted, I'm pretty sure there already on build #33, However when I was on the page I can't find the download that says (gt P1000 or Samsung Galaxy tab) anything pertaining the P1000. So I went and check on the VERY FIRST ONE that says Samsung on the top and nexus on the bottom, Unfortunately it was the wrong build. I had to go back and redownload #31 with the humbrows kernel. I would really like to download there newest build but unable to find it. I'm hoping you can assist me. And I tried finding the icedics or the RC2BOCA, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Hi Luchiano.
IPIT gave you link to AOKP P1000 (currently build #31 only)
Did you read the post or you just click the external link to AOKP website?
(http://www.aokp.co/)

AOKP is at #33 but it is for CDMA phone.

You want ONLY what stimpz0r created.
If you read the post #1 in whole, you will see:

[ :: DOWNLOADS :: ]
the rom uses a zImage kernel, so unlike current builds of CM9, you do not need to flash a kernel separately (if you are installing on a GT-P1000). if you aren't, please download the latest kernel for use with your tablet version from the kernels section below.

*** NOTE *** due to excessive traffic (over 600GB of downloads in 20 days, and 150GB in one day of downloads for build #28) the hosting that lexi1986 was providing is now down, since that is the case, all previous versions are currently unavailable to download. if for some reason there is a lot of need for previous versions, i will upload them to mediafire or something to that extent. until i find some more suitable hosting for the roms, it will stay like this.

*** NOTE *** build 29 and onwards is Android 4.0.4, which comes with a NEEDED step. WIPE DATA AND DALVIK CACHE AFTER FLASHING!!! if you dont you will have many problems. it also comes with HumberOS' latest kernel (10/04/2012) for P1000. you do not need to flash it with this build.

BUILD 31 :: ROM (P1000) - [ :: MEDIAFIRE :: ]
BUILD 29 :: ROM (P1000) - [ :: MEDIAFIRE :: ]
BUILD 28 :: ROM (P1000) - [ :: MEDIAFIRE :: ]
MILESTONE 4 :: ROM (P1000) - [ :: CURRENTLY OFFLINE :: ]
BUILD 27 :: ROM (P1000) - [ :: CURRENTLY OFFLINE :: ]
BUILD 25 :: ROM (P1000) - [ :: CURRENTLY OFFLINE :: ]

Are you really on AOKP build #31, not CM9 ?
I am quite confused because sometimes you said you are on CM9 and sometimes you are on #31
Have you ever seen a pink unicorn bootanimation (assuming you hasn't turn it off, or at least you should see it once during first flash)
Or in ROM control setting seeing a unicorn head?
You should if you are on AOKP.

Thanks for the reply P, my wife and I both have the p-1000. I have the MIUI 2.3.10 and on my wife's tablet what boots up is different (purplish and pinkish) colors in block shapes. I'm assuming that CM9. However I did have the gayish looking unicorn with all the colorful stars like shapes at boot. So I did boot build #31 with the rectangular shapes and I'm witch is the info you just posted for me. Thanks a million. I'm glad I've meet (through emails) kind ppl like yourself through my ventures on XDA. :). Did you receive the inboxed message I sent you pertaining the security pages I'm dealing on my wife's tab..??

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012
The $1,000,000 question. . . will this allow tmobile/simple users to make voice + 3g? It seems the only workaround is installing euro gingerbread.

Many of us view this as the ultimate hack.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
I didn't get your question.
Are you asking if ICS also gives voice+3G ?
And are you implying there is a work around using euro gingerbread?

The answer to both is sadly yes/no.
on T-mobile you either get voice+EDGE or 3G. There is no workaround.
There is roto modem switcher, but that is just a short cut to switch around.
Same as on ICS.

Last edited:

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks priyana for responding.I just got a tmob tab p1000.
1-i was wondering if aokp ics gives voice + edge like euro gingerbread?
2-is the modem switcher an option on ics?
3-while i stil have your attention:D which stable ics should i consider for everyday use. V#38?
4-if my tab came rooted with gb inferno kernal do i need to worry about 1st installing overcome?:silly:
Youre getting a biiiig thanks after you reply

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
3-while i stil have your attention:D which stable ics should i consider for everyday use. V#38?
4-if my tab came rooted with gb inferno kernal do i need to worry about 1st installing overcome?:silly:

1) yes, AOKP gives voice+edge ready to go, since it has the JPZ modem
2) modem switcher not available for ICS. It is very simple actually, just swapping the JJB modem.bin into /radio/modem.bin , literally copy the file there and reboot will give you 3G without voice.
Stimpz0r was considering adding that function to ROM Control, but hasn't got round to doing it. But you can do it by hand (well, by ES File Explorer or Root Explorer)
3) I am on AOKP #38 myself. Very stable for me.
4) Not sure about inferno kernel, but if it has CWM recovery it may be ok to use it to flash ICS. I say "may" because Humbertos once said there is a requirement for the kernel to set the machine name to p1.mach or something like that, which not all kernel does.
Just flash it. at worst, really, the script will abort.
But if you really want to fo by the book, then flash Overcome Kernel 4.0
It has CWM flashable version too, not just by Odin, so you don't have to connect it to PC to do all that.

Reactions: miroxz

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012
Your thanks just went up;-).
This gets better. . .
Cwm is "my" flasher yet when i downloaded, it wouldnt allow me to install a compatible recovery. (no galaxy tab in list) i have only good things to say about cwm, and instructions ive read seem only through odin which i have zero exp in.

What do you recommend?
How do i install/find my p1000 in cwm recovery?
thanks!!

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
No, you can't use ROM Manager or such.
The only way to get CWM in is by flashing a kernel that has CWM.
I am not familiar with Inferno kernel.
What recovery does it have?

Edit: you will always have ZERO experience with Odin if you never START using it.

Edit2:

Go to overcome site
Http://www.teamovercome.net

Read the guide,
Missing pictures can be seen here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20974872
Follow the picture step by step.
(Of course - just jump to section that is for flashing Overcome Kernel, and you don't have to wait for the female robot voice to finish, just force it down and boot to recovery using vol-up + power )

Last edited:
Reactions: miroxz

miroxz

Mar 25, 2012
Interested in knowing your thoughts on ics since you are personally running. Specifically have you noticed any lag compared to gb? I root uninstalled some programs and let me tell you this thing is flying.
That being said i have ALWAYS found my cyanogenmod phones to be able to handle more vs stock roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) yes, AOKP gives voice+edge ready to go, since it has the JPZ modem
    2) modem switcher not available for ICS. It is very simple actually, just swapping the JJB modem.bin into /radio/modem.bin , literally copy the file there and reboot will give you 3G without voice.
    Stimpz0r was considering adding that function to ROM Control, but hasn't got round to doing it. But you can do it by hand (well, by ES File Explorer or Root Explorer)
    3) I am on AOKP #38 myself. Very stable for me.
    4) Not sure about inferno kernel, but if it has CWM recovery it may be ok to use it to flash ICS. I say "may" because Humbertos once said there is a requirement for the kernel to set the machine name to p1.mach or something like that, which not all kernel does.
    Just flash it. at worst, really, the script will abort.
    But if you really want to fo by the book, then flash Overcome Kernel 4.0
    It has CWM flashable version too, not just by Odin, so you don't have to connect it to PC to do all that.
    No, you can't use ROM Manager or such.
    The only way to get CWM in is by flashing a kernel that has CWM.
    I am not familiar with Inferno kernel.
    What recovery does it have?

Edit: you will always have ZERO experience with Odin if you never START using it.

Edit2:

Go to overcome site
    Http://www.teamovercome.net

Read the guide,
    Missing pictures can be seen here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20974872
    Follow the picture step by step.
    (Of course - just jump to section that is for flashing Overcome Kernel, and you don't have to wait for the female robot voice to finish, just force it down and boot to recovery using vol-up + power )
    hi all.

I am currently on the stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread that was leaked to the forums before the OTA update was released.

I'd like to know if Build 38 (of the AOKP) is good enough as a daily driver? I frequently use the phone, SMS, wifi, camera, camcorder, GPS, Google Maps, the car dock, media player and some gaming.

will I be disappointed if I flash to Build 38?

Thank you all in advance!

Just look below ;).
    I recommend
    1-staying on 2.3.3 / restock with team overcome method
    2-do a doomlord root.
    3-download from market root uninstaller
    4-uninstall crap like weather clock, pulse, samsung apps. . . etc.
    ****if you have tmobile and want to use the phone while accepting your netspeed will never go beyond edge; you can flash with odin the JPZ modem. This negates the need to flash with european rom.

If you are really itching to install aokp #38 priyana did an excellent job of explaining the bootloop issue that you will face and how to overcome ;-) pun intended. That being said i would recommend you stay on GB for battery reasons, or move to earlier cyanogenmods for stability purposes.