Android VS iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS **Complete Series**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

meishkov

May 16, 2010
Sterling Heights, MI
Very informative stuff. Expose the greatness that comes along with openness. Closed architecture will always be limited to just the very few who have the access to tinker with it.

Sent from my OG using XDA

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
The Bonus FAQ was great as well. The funny thing is when I watch these videos I always find little things I hadn't thought of using much. I use dropbox, but hadn't even looked for a straight Wifi File Transfer app.

These vids also have me looking forward to perhaps getting the next Nexus device or at least something easily customizable with ICS so that I can get buttery performance without the need for V6 Supercharger and the like.

Fire n mage

Oct 13, 2010
newport news, VA
The arguments all android fanatics look for are here :p. Great stuff honestly, makes me think about the flexiblity of the OS I'm using. You go past the superfical "android is more customizable and has more choices" and actually have evidence. People love their phones in different ways. Me I love rooting/flashing and having options open, some people just love having the same old OS 4x5 grid all day long, and it's no big really :). My dad being a P.A. in surgery got an iphone for it's use of book apps for the many diseases and conditions out there tha plague us, so I admit android does lack in some areas :p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

DangKid

Jun 22, 2011
Already thanked you when you released part 1 but will take the time to thank you again. These are quality videos, can't wait for the next video.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G

mistermentality

Sep 13, 2010
Pontypridd
www.google.com
There is no thanks button and my internet connection is very slow. 5 minutes to open the last page :D My internet connection randomly switches to EDGE after 6 pm.

There is a thanks button. If you use tapatalk to browse forums its right there when you click on a post and it is there in the web interface too but I rarely use website so not sure where it is.

Dave

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk

Guru Zeb

Jan 17, 2012
Up North !!!!!!!!!
Hey can you show Infinity Blade running on your Android for part 5?

Thanks!

Why would he want to ................. in fact why would anyone want to .... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinity-blade/id387428400?mt=8#

Scroll down to the comments ........... ROFLMFAO :rolleyes:

Even the positive one doesn't make a great case for this game

Alex ... bro is that the best you can do??
I admit this thread has been a ridiculous and somewhat shallow android fanboy convention ( i point that out earlier in the thread)

But surely you can bring better guns to bear, to defend iOS than a cheesy fantasy game that has massive amounts of dissatisfaction from iOS users ....... wasn't this exactly the kind of thing iphone+iOS was meant to rule the world with due its lack of "OS fragmentation" and "unified hardware platform" ??.

Don't disappear this time bro ......... last time i dropped this url on you after you mentioned this game you stopped posting to the thread :D

Laters Gators

Last edited:

apollooff320

Jun 21, 2007
Toledo
Why would he want to ................. in fact why would anyone want to .... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinity-blade/id387428400?mt=8#

Scroll down to the comments ........... ROFLMFAO :rolleyes:

Even the positive one doesn't make a great case for this game

Alex ... bro is that the best you can do??
I admit this thread has been a ridiculous and somewhat shallow android fanboy convention ( i point that out earlier in the thread)

But surely you can bring better guns to bear, to defend iOS than a cheesy fantasy game that has massive amounts of dissatisfaction from iOS users ....... wasn't this exactly the kind of thing iphone+iOS was meant to rule the world with due its lack of "OS fragmentation" and "unified hardware platform" ??.

Don't disappear this time bro ......... last time i dropped this url on you after you mentioned this game you stopped posting to the thread :D

Laters Gators

your post is so full of fail. I see the game has 4.5 out of 5 stars and a 5 out of 5 for the current version. The user comments aren't even updated. I'm looking at the reviews right now and don't even see anything about the game crashing. For a game that was last updated Feb 3 and to have that rating is nothing to laugh about. I can actually show it not crashing.

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
If playing infinity blade is what drives your purchase of a device, more power to you. The videos in the op are a list of valid points of why android is a better choice for the op, for phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was going to do a 6 part mini series but due to time things are on hold. However, I decided to at least get things rolling. Depending on the feedback I get I will either complete or scrap the project. Anyhow, next time this argument comes around Android VS iOS just post this video. Believe me, this was just the beginning of something really big!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

**BONUS FAQ SESSION**

Bump for Part 5 and final episode, I appreciate all of the positive feedback you guys gave and was the reason why I decided to finish the series. Thanks again to XDA community and the awesome (most of them) members that it has. :D Please share these videos with everyone!
    Ok, I'll admit I didn't read the whole thing yet, but my hands are begging to start writing my take on this matter:

iPhones are shiny, and people have been brain-washed to believe they are the superior product without questioning whether this is true or not...

My parents are definitely above average when using computers, but when it comes to phones they've never had anything fancier than one of those old nokias that could just make calls and perhaps text...

I first switched my mum to a "futuristic" touchscreen phone, that she ended up loving! now, before she decided of her own volition to buy a Samsung Galaxy S, I had her try a relative's iPhone to see if she would prefer it over android... I asked her to switch on the wifi... let's just say I had to cut the quest short due to her eyes turning red with rage...
    Then she decided to open her own website (that I created) on safari that has a nice flash banner at the top, and the browser displayed a funny icon were that was supposed to be...
    She gave up and vowed never to use a touchscreen device ever again... then I showed her android... well the rest of it should be clear by now! :D

It was my mum that convinced my dad to switch to android :eek:

Well to keep this short, they now do everything with it, with ease and definitely without hating their phones... they even install new apps on their own (one day, out of the blue, I received a Viber call from my dad :-| )

Here's my list of what I believe people are missing out by having an iphone:

• Can't save files on it, everything has to be done either online or via iTunes (I shan't get started on that, I could never end...) It even lacks a microSD slot... even my microwave has a microSD slot, nowadays! (not really, just to make a point)
    • No swappable battery... I currently have an SGS2 with 2 batteries and a dock to charge both at the same time... so I can go for more than a day without worrying my battery will die!
    • No customisation whatsoever - it being different ringtones for every app, different launchers or preferred app to do tasks with like different dialer, sms, and especially the KEYBOARD!!! e.g.: I live in London and I'm on Three, the only company to provide a skype service that uses normal phone calls in Europe (I think Sprint does it over in the U.S.)! When I dial a number that isn't local, "skype on 3" pops out and asks me if I want to call using that instead... since I pay for a skype subscription for unlimited calls to all landlines in europe for £4 a month, I'd say it's well worth it!
    • No choice of phones: U either get the new iPhone, the slightly-older-with-no-real-improvement iPhone, and a yet older one... what if i want a physical keyboard? what if i want a bigger screen? what if I don't want to pay and absurd amount of money for a phone with technology that doesn't really warrant the price tag it has?
      With Android one has choice! want small? Sony Ericsson X-10 mini... want it with keyboard? X-10 mini pro! want a high end device with higher specs than the iPhone that still costs £100 less? Samsung Galaxy S3 or HTC One X... want something you can draw on? Samsung Galaxy Note! u get my point, right? (same goes for tablets... Asus EEE Pas Transformer serie and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1)
    • No google integration... For instance, there is a gmail app for iPhone, but quite frankly it's just horrible... android has a BB messenger or apple's iMessage (or whatever it's called) too, it's called Google Talk! and it works even better, considering that u can use it on your computer IN A BROWSER just by going into your gmail! everything else just can't compare to that!
    • True, the iPhone's software design guideline have always been better, but now with ICS, android has caught up and surpassed! I mean, the iPhone's app design is still the same after years, at least Google make an effort to change! aaaanddd they don't try and make small things like "folders" sound like a magical revolution in your life!
    • No widgets! seriously?
    • and all this without having to jailbreak the phone!

I could go on, but by now I've lost sensitivity on the tips of my fingers... I guess I got quite carried away, but I'm passionate about these things! :cool:
    In my opinion iOS is better than android. I m a person who loves pretty things and everytime I look on my android i get sick of the design. Ok you can customize everything but you will never reach the design level of iOS.
    So my next mobile phone will be clearly an iphone.

There's a button on all android phones that'll make it look like iphone. It's called all apps. :p

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
    Preferring Dolphin browser to Safari, do most really care? There's numerous other examples in the video.

Lack of ability to select your opener app does affect everyone, as do the inconsistency of the back button, lack of multitasking, increased number of steps to share data between apps, and "numerous other examples in the video" ;)

IPhone caters to the user, android gives you the option to cater to yourself which would be awesome but it requires a lot of searching and messing around.
    You forgot, in this browser metaphor, that both cater to the user. It's just that one gives the additional option of self-catering, while the other just goes "don't like our catering? deal with it or gtfo."

(Unless, of course, you aren't actually talking about the video content at all and are just back to your usual hijack-trolling, in which case gtfo.)

sent from my Terran Command Center.