Sony Xperia S release date confirmed (5 March 2012)

Search This thread

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Why as default?
Unlocking takes ~5 mins

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Cholek3

Aug 11, 2010
Sheffield, UK
Unlock by default would be a very bad idea. Imagine people doing something with phone without knowing the bootloader is unlocked. Bricked and then warranty claims.

fajarep

Jan 16, 2010
Jakarta
Why as default?
Unlocking takes ~5 mins

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Unlock by default would be a very bad idea. Imagine people doing something with phone without knowing the bootloader is unlocked. Bricked and then warranty claims.
The reason, to easy make it as stock(based on my experience with optimus 2x, really easy to make it stock, and prevent waranty void because unlock bootloader process...

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
I think he meant unlocklable in the launch. Let's say it launch on March 5. Sony Ericsson launches the bootloader unlock tool in the day one of Xperia S life.

awf

May 9, 2008
After several HTC and the worst dual core phone LG O2X happy to say goodbye to that one...

Yep this is going to be the next one an impressive phone and display for a remarkable low price here in the Netherlands :)

Quad core phones I find it all rather funny, first let the O/S run a dual core phone at full speed first lol just marketing and hype...

Reactions: Cholek3

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
After several HTC and the worst dual core phone LG O2X happy to say goodbye to that one...

Yep this is going to be the next one an impressive phone and display for a remarkable low price here in the Netherlands :)

Quad core phones I find it all rather funny, first let the O/S run a dual core phone at full speed first lol just marketing and hype...

Well, it is my next phone too. Just waiting for the time of release. We are two weeks away now! :)

DdcCabuslay

Feb 18, 2012
ddccabuslay.blogspot.ca
I saw the video of the Xperia s boot just a moment ago but now the link is malformed apparently lol
But considering that SE isn't SE anymore, the boot animation looked nice and simple. Would like to have it on my arc ASAP

I'd love to see the Xperia s when it launches here in Canada. Won't be buying it though because I bought my Xperia arc in December lol. I'll just use themes to give myself the Xperia s look and feel on my arc

EDIT

I found the boot animation on YouTube but since I can't put links because I'm a noob

Search up Xperia S boot speed

Sent from my LT15a using XDA App

Last edited:

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
I saw the video of the Xperia s boot just a moment ago but now the link is malformed apparently lol
But considering that SE isn't SE anymore, the boot animation looked nice and simple. Would like to have it on my arc ASAP

I'd love to see the Xperia s when it launches here in Canada. Won't be buying it though because I bought my Xperia arc in December lol. I'll just use themes to give myself the Xperia s look and feel on my arc

EDIT

I found the boot animation on YouTube but since I can't put links because I'm a noob

Here is the link on your behalf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbb8jik6Q84 :)

Reactions: DdcCabuslay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT

Here is the link on your behalf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbb8jik6Q84 :)
    I pre ordered this phone for 3649 DKK (416£ or 490€) and will receive it march 6.

I've been realy happy with my Arc so far. It's so stable and i have battery time on 3 days now. But the show must go on. Too bad the xperia S dosn't come with qaud core. But atleast it's a 1,5 dual core.

My concern is: How can i copy my userdata from my rooted arc to the xperia S. So i don't have to start all over in all my games. I mean i spent alot of time completing all thoose levels. :S

Is there a backup program or something to use. On iphone it's pretty simple as far as i know you sync your userdata with your pc. So if your get a new phone or update the OS. You just sync it again. Pretty easy and simple. As far as i know there is no such thing for android yet. You can back up your apps. But all what it does is download the apps again. Userdata is not saved anywhere.

So what to do?
    I pre ordered this phone for 3649 DKK (416£ or 490€) and will receive it march 6.

I've been realy happy with my Arc so far. It's so stable and i have battery time on 3 days now. But the show must go on. Too bad the xperia S dosn't come with qaud core. But atleast it's a 1,5 dual core.

My concern is: How can i copy my userdata from my rooted arc to the xperia S. So i don't have to start all over in all my games. I mean i spent alot of time completing all thoose levels. :S

Is there a backup program or something to use. On iphone it's pretty simple as far as i know you sync your userdata with your pc. So if your get a new phone or update the OS. You just sync it again. Pretty easy and simple. As far as i know there is no such thing for android yet. You can back up your apps. But all what it does is download the apps again. Userdata is not saved anywhere.

So what to do?

Do a copy of everything in Titanium Backup, copy TB folder from SD to PC, when you get a phone copy folder from PC to internal memory of Xperia S, install Titanium Backup and restore apps and games. I was thinking about doing such thing, unless I am wrong, so please correct me.
    Although I would not restore everything. Remember it is completely different device and everything may not be working correctly. I will stick to games and "outside" major apps, thats all. All system apps I would re-configure again.
    1. So when i get it do i then need root on the xperia s to be able to restore the apps from titanium backup?

2. To restore apps. Do i then need to download the apps from market first and then restore? Or will titanium backup restore the full app with all the userdata?

1. Titanium Backup to work properly requires root, so you will have to wait. Unless you use i.e. My Backup pro, same procedure I think. I always use both, just in case. :)

2. No, you can just retore your backups, no need to download it again. BUT... you might have to do it in case, when something is not working properly (Forced closes), because of different device.