ICS for Droid X

Search This thread

nhugh406

Aug 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Look at miui by ace over on rootzwiki. Running it now. Super smooth, and awesome battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
The latest MIUI build uses the Ice Cream Sandwich framework.

CVPCS stated on his twitter that he will begin porting Ice Cream Sandwich for the Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

thescreensavers

Oct 25, 2006
Look at miui by ace over on rootzwiki. Running it now. Super smooth, and awesome battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I tried MIUI but my phone never could achieve deep sleep on the ICS test build or latest official. The apps that the battery Stats said are apps I need and these apps behave normally on CM7, so w/e, I wanted to give MIUI a try but battery life was horrible b/c of deep sleep issues.

mcp770

Dec 9, 2010
Nashville
Lol, we all want to see ICS on the X. As for the iphone comment you geniuses know that you can use any launcher you want and make it exactly like you have it now but with all the customization of miui.... of course you knew that.

Tim-H

Aug 11, 2010
I did know that, yes. Not new to loading ROMs. FWIW the miui isn't really ics either.

mcp770

Dec 9, 2010
Nashville
No the ICS test build has a percentage of 4.0 files added into the framework. The look is simply a theme like any other. No visual or ui changes by way of ICS were included.

It will be nice if we could someday get full ics... Maybe cyanogen team will get it figured soon. I will say miui runs a whole lot better with the bit Scotland did fit into the gb framework. I don't even carry a charger to work anymore.

mskks64

Aug 9, 2010
No the ICS test build has a percentage of 4.0 files added into the framework. The look is simply a theme like any other. No visual or ui changes by way of ICS were included.

It will be nice if we could someday get full ics... Maybe cyanogen team will get it figured soon. I will say miui runs a whole lot better with the bit Scotland did fit into the gb framework. I don't even carry a charger to work anymore.

They're working on it and said give them 2 months

360Razir

Jan 6, 2011
Looking forward to ICS on the DX as well...hopefully there will be enough support for the necessary drivers to make it fully functional.

bobcaruso

Aug 27, 2010
If I wanted an iPhone I'd buy one. Looking for stock ics.[/QUOTE

By stating 'Stock' ICS, you would be looking for something that would only come from Mot/VZW.

Otherwise, there's the ICS MIUI project & the CM9-ICS project.

Wouldn't be expecting a stock ICS update for the X any time this century, but then again, who knows

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

If I wanted an iPhone I'd buy one. Looking for stock ics.

How curt of you, (curt = clown)

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Dec 3, 2009
Virginia
If I wanted an iPhone I'd buy one. Looking for stock ics.[/QUOTE

By stating 'Stock' ICS, you would be looking for something that would only come from Mot/VZW.

Otherwise, there's the ICS MIUI project & the CM9-ICS project.

Wouldn't be expecting a stock ICS update for the X any time this century, but then again, who knows

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

How curt of you, (curt = clown)

By Stock, I'm assuming he means AOSP, or 'Stock' in the way Google designed it. That is something that absolutely will not come from Moto/VZW.
CM9 is at this point practically AOSP. It will take a lot of time for them to evaluate the enhancements that were added to CM7 above AOSP GB (Many of which have now been included as part of AOSP ICS).

Reactions: RandomPooka

Jubakuba

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Pueblo, Colorado
Just FYI...
I used to be a HUGE CM supporter.
Still am, and am actually ON CM currently...but I flash between that an MIUI constantly.

I'll quickly vouch for MIUI here.
I had avoided it for my entire android experience. Didn't want to touch that crappy iPhone Kangerang!

I flashed it out of curiosity a few months ago...
And have been happily sitting on it as my daily driver (a lot of the time).

It's themes are gorgeous...and even simpler to flash that CM7's TMobile theme engine themes.
The lockscreens? Endless. And again, gorgeous. Super cool customization here.
ICS rip-offs. Blur rip-offs. iPhone rip-offs (blegh!).

The dialer is very blur-like...something that blur does right.
You type (T9-like) a person's name and they pop up in the menu for a quick call.

Menu+Down Volume = Screenshot
Menu+Volume Up = Temporary Full Brightness (Ever been in a sunny area and NEEDED this to see?).

The typical "pull-up" menus from android turn into drop-down menus.

The call-answer function is, again, beautiful. And allows you to quickly ignore and send an auto-text stating that you're busy.

Endless Boot-animations...again, in the theme section.

System sounds were recently added to MIUI themes...
With a touch of a button, you can change your lockscreen sound...keyboard sounds...selection sounds...instantly.

MIUI, is classy. And a very nice ROM.
Try it. If you were like me, you'll be happy you took the plunge.

*As a note, I do NOT like the MIUI launcher...
A custom one quickly fixes that.

As far as AOSP...
What do you like about it?
I mean, I don't dislike it.
But you can flash the gallery onto MIUI.
And the AOSP messenger is nothing special (I mean, it doesn't have features that others don't).
Dialer?
Again, the "blur" feature here is VERY nice.
Contacts?
These look pretty AOSP on MIUI...

And, again, the "ICS MIUI" builds that are currently out are not only not truly ICS...but aren't even official.
MIUI's Facebook page actually posted a bunch of screens this morning of what they're working on for the official release (with UI enhancements, as one user here suggested he wanted).
New Dialer was shown...along with the new app manager (ICS of their own) feature.

Don't just believe the hype like I did...
MIUI is actually pretty goddamn sweet.

lithiasalesjs

I agree Miui is awesome. I'm using the Razor which I got for .01 till the Nexus is released. Then giving this to my wife. But the new ice cream from Google looks amazing. Just wait till we get into that and start chopping it up. It will be wicked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts