Media Player w/Playlist backup

Search This thread

MaverickCoast

May 11, 2009
Illinois
Looking for a (mp3)media player that can backup the playlists that are created and then can be restored when you wipe and install a new ROM.

I have tried PowerAmp, the stock Music Player, and Double Twist, but with no luck. Maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
Google Music. Backs up everything to the cloud that I am aware of. It should bring back all your playlists. :) I don't use them. But I do know that all my songs are immediately brought back to working order. So there.

And you can access it on any computer that you log into with you Google account. :)

Thanks > > > >

I recommend this over others, because of it's cloud syncing features. If you have a large data plan, you can stream music you don't want wanna keep on your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MaverickCoast

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Yes google music keeps your playlists.

You can try the miui music player too, as it has playlists that I believe stay.

Latest Version of the Apk attached.

Attachments

• MiuiMusicV3.apk
    963.9 KB · Views: 48

mikig_mkd

Dec 11, 2011
Skopje
Use Titanium Backup and Back up: [Playlists] Media Storage 2.x.x Next time just restore the same thing(data only) and the playlists are there

Simple as that.

Hope i helped

xIC-MACIx

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
Looking for a (mp3)media player that can backup the playlists that are created and then can be restored when you wipe and install a new ROM.

I have tried PowerAmp, the stock Music Player, and Double Twist, but with no luck. Maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Doin it wrong, I use Doubletwist to sync my itunes playlists, it puts the playlists on your internal, then use Poweramp as my main player which finds the playlists files with no problem.

When I flash a new rom I just select the "reset doubletwist" option or "rescan" option in poweramp. These option get the playlists back every time. (also in Poweramp you can select the music folder that poweramp searches for)

MaverickCoast

May 11, 2009
Illinois
Thank-you all for your suggestions.

I found out that if you use doubletwist on your phone with the desktop version (Didn't know there was a desktop version!), you can sync playlists from Windows Media Player to PC doubletwist which will then sync them to your phone.

I already had the playlists on WMP, so it turned out to be a simple solution!

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
Thank-you all for your suggestions.

I found out that if you use doubletwist on your phone with the desktop version (Didn't know there was a desktop version!), you can sync playlists from Windows Media Player to PC doubletwist which will then sync them to your phone.

I already had the playlists on WMP, so it turned out to be a simple solution!
Double Twist does come in handy, my biggest complaint on android is not having itunes...problem solved with doubletwist phone+desktop :D

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
Doin it wrong, I use Doubletwist to sync my itunes playlists, it puts the playlists on your internal, then use Poweramp as my main player which finds the playlists files with no problem.

When I flash a new rom I just select the "reset doubletwist" option or "rescan" option in poweramp. These option get the playlists back every time. (also in Poweramp you can select the music folder that poweramp searches for)

Doing it wrong. Using iTunes.

Reactions: ppalbicke

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
Doing it wrong. Using iTunes.

Haha I was an iOS slave since the original ipod came out an had an iPhone till I got my Infuse. Getting rid of itunes would amount to completely erasing a good part of my life. My music collection is rather epic :D

I DO have a Zune tho :D Wouldn't recommend that **** to anyone lol

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
Haha I was an iOS slave since the original ipod came out an had an iPhone till I got my Infuse. Getting rid of itunes would amount to completely erasing a good part of my life. My music collection is rather epic :D

I DO have a Zune tho :D Wouldn't recommend that **** to anyone lol

Just export as MP3's virtually and then have a Google music heyday. That's what I'm gonna do for my girlfriend. I myself use Rhapsody and strip the DRM right off with Sound Taxi. BOOM. #2 In this thread.

Reactions: xIC-MACIx

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just export as MP3's virtually and then have a Google music heyday. That's what I'm gonna do for my girlfriend. I myself use Rhapsody and strip the DRM right off with Sound Taxi. BOOM. #2 In this thread.

Waaay ahead of ya buddy, I've got all my music on the Google cloud already :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
Waaay ahead of ya buddy, I've got all my music on the Google cloud already :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Oh. How did you get your music over?

And I was saying because because you used double twist over whatever..

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
Most of my music came from Limewire/Frostwire and I ripped the DRM off of my purchased like a year ago for my Zune, I don't remember how I did it but it worked lol but thanks for the heads up anyways! :D

I've been using Google Music since it was in beta a while back and love it so no more itunes...or poweramp lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes google music keeps your playlists.

You can try the miui music player too, as it has playlists that I believe stay.

Latest Version of the Apk attached.
    you can use the software or winamp. Before wiping you can do a nandroid or use titanium backup with backup App+data.
    Google Music. Backs up everything to the cloud that I am aware of. It should bring back all your playlists. :) I don't use them. But I do know that all my songs are immediately brought back to working order. So there.

And you can access it on any computer that you log into with you Google account. :)

Thanks > > > >

I recommend this over others, because of it's cloud syncing features. If you have a large data plan, you can stream music you don't want wanna keep on your phone.

Use Titanium Backup and Back up: [Playlists] Media Storage 2.x.x Next time just restore the same thing(data only) and the playlists are there

Simple as that.

Hope i helped

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!