[SOLVED] [Q] Rogers i747M Cyanogenmod 11 back to Telus stock ROM 4.3

Search This thread

helam

Dec 20, 2006
I got Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M.
On it is installed Cyanogenmod 11 20140531 nighty d2lte with Android 4.4.2.
I found this firmware : Canada (Rogers) (Black Edition) , 2012 May , I747MVLALE8
PDA: I747MVLALH1 CSC: I747MOYBALH1 MODEM: I747MVLLH1
and program Odin3-v3.09.
The phone is locked to Rogers.
The color is white.
My goal is to unlock SIM lock.
1. Can I put firmware in zip format on SD card and just restore from SD card in recovery mode?
2. If no, what steps to do to reach the goal to get 4.1.1 stock ROM (rogers? telus? att?) to unlock SIM lock?
3. Maybe I have to do it from laptop with Odin or from the phone with Odin?
4. What are my options to get the goal 4.1.1. stock to get unlock SIM lock because I found free solution with that requirements on XDA forum?

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
What bootloader is on your phone? If you have the stock 4.3 bootloader, you will have to purchase an unlock code.

Boot into download and look at the text on the screen. Do you see anything about warranty bit?

helam

Dec 20, 2006
What bootloader is on your phone? If you have the stock 4.3 bootloader, you will have to purchase an unlock code.

Boot into download and look at the text on the screen. Do you see anything about warranty bit?

Odin Mode
product name sgh-i747m
custom binary download: yes (5 counts)
urrent binary: custom
system status: custom
qualcomm secureboot: enable
warranty bit: 1
bootloader ap swarev: 1

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Odin Mode
product name sgh-i747m
custom binary download: yes (5 counts)
urrent binary: custom
system status: custom
qualcomm secureboot: enable
warranty bit: 1
bootloader ap swarev: 1

You have the 4.3 bootloader which can't be downgraded; therefore, you will have to buy an unlock code.

helam

Dec 20, 2006
You have the 4.3 bootloader which can't be downgraded; therefore, you will have to buy an unlock code.
Thank you for reply!
Than more I know than more questions:
a) The ROM I found here is stock ROM 4.3 I can revert to -? -> by meanhacker -> Rogers (RWC) MK5 , because I checked about baseband version is i747mvluemk5.
b) I bought the code and when inserted non-accepted active SIM card from my another carrier, got the window asking PIN to unlock network , entered and got unsuccessful. The company said is right unlock code by IMEI sure.
So my question is does the particular Cyanogenmod 11-20140531-nighty-d2lte custom firmware prevent somehow to unlock SIM lock?
c) Do I have this KNOX issue or not, or is it prevent to downgrade ?
d) I found some KNOX remover can I apply it and downgrade after?

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You should revert to a stock 4.3 ROM in order to use the unlock code.

There is a 4.3 ROM for Rogers you can use . search for a pre_rooted ROM on xda.

helam

Dec 20, 2006
You should revert to a stock 4.3 ROM in order to use the unlock code.

There is a 4.3 ROM for Rogers you can use . search for a pre_rooted ROM on xda.
And that one has no knox issues and after flashing I can downgrade?
For the purpose to enter unlock code can I use only stock ROM from Rogers or I can flash any 4.3 ROM like from Bell, Telus, or , even ATT?

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
And that one has no knox issues and after flashing I can downgrade?
For the purpose to enter unlock code can I use only stock ROM from Rogers or I can flash any 4.3 ROM like from Bell, Telus, or , even ATT?
You cannot downgrade your bootloader.

Do not load any ROM via Odin that is older than 4.3. Don't load any att ROM as that could brick your phone too.

Was your phone ever running stock kit kat?

Last edited:

helam

Dec 20, 2006
You cannot downgrade your bootloader.

Do not load any ROM via Odin that is older than 4.3. Don't load any att ROM as that could brick your phone too.

Was your phone ever running stock kit kat?
ANDROID 4.4.2 that is a state i got the phone. past is unknown for me.
now i put zip noknox rooted telus file ROM_I747MVLUEKM5_STOCK_ROOTED_TELUS_NO-KNOX
on sd card
after went to recovery mode and did wipe,reset,dalvik wipe and choosed the file to install
got error installation aborted (status 7)

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I don't have KK on my i747m. I loaded the stock 4.1.2 ROM and went straight to a custom 4.4 ROM.

Did you ever have the stock 4.4 ROM on your phone? If you did, I'm not sure if you can load a stock Rogers 4.3 ROM via Odin because the stock 4.4 ROM may have altered the 4.3 bootloader. The stock Rogers 4.3 ROM from sammobile.com and the pre-rooted ROM on XDA will load a stock 4.3 bootloader if flashed via Odin. You could flash a stock ROM via mobile Odin which does not alter the bootloader.

Once you are on the 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade the bootloader regardless of whether you do or do not have Knox.

If you are sure you never had the stock 4.4 ROM on your phone, you could use Odin to load a stock Rogers 4.3 ROM, unlock your phone, go back to a custom ROM.

When flashing a ROM or altering your phone's software, there is always the risk of bricking your phone. Just be prepared to deal with a possible brick.

helam

Dec 20, 2006
I don't have KK on my i747m. I loaded the stock 4.1.2 ROM and went straight to a custom 4.4 ROM.

Did you ever have the stock 4.4 ROM on your phone? If you did, I'm not sure if you can load a stock Rogers 4.3 ROM via Odin because the stock 4.4 ROM may have altered the 4.3 bootloader. The stock Rogers 4.3 ROM from sammobile.com and the pre-rooted ROM on XDA will load a stock 4.3 bootloader if flashed via Odin. You could flash a stock ROM via mobile Odin which does not alter the bootloader.

Once you are on the 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade the bootloader regardless of whether you do or do not have Knox.

If you are sure you never had the stock 4.4 ROM on your phone, you could use Odin to load a stock Rogers 4.3 ROM, unlock your phone, go back to a custom ROM.

When flashing a ROM or altering your phone's software, there is always the risk of bricking your phone. Just be prepared to deal with a possible brick.

How I can check version of boot loader installed on my device?
How can I check version of modem installed in my device?
Can I use Google ADK tools (adb and fast boot) instead Heimdall (Odin is not compatible with my MacBook).

Last edited:

helam

Dec 20, 2006
What is the baseband on your phone under About?
I747MVLUEKM5

But I solved problem to revert back to stock ROM using file I747MVLUEMK5_I747MOYBEMK5_TLS
been installing not from SD card but using laptop and Odin.
After I boot the phone I put SIM card and on pop-upped window entered official unlock code.
For using Odin program, I downloaded from internet vmware fusion, after found my cd disk with windows 7 ultimate and installed it.
After installed Odin and transferred above file to internal system and put the phone in downloaded mode connected and after a few minutes I get my phone booted with stock ROM.

What I surprised I did not find official page in Wiki of Cyanogenmod for official way to uninstall their product.
So I decided not to install the software that does not have official uninstallation tool. They have installation program only.
It's not good for us regular users. Before to come into the dark room usually it has to have to see exit way clearly.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I747MVLUEKM5

But I solved problem to revert back to stock ROM using file I747MVLUEMK5_I747MOYBEMK5_TLS
been installing not from SD card but using laptop and Odin.
After I boot the phone I put SIM card and on pop-upped window entered official unlock code.
For using Odin program, I downloaded from internet vmware fusion, after found my cd disk with windows 7 ultimate and installed it.
After installed Odin and transferred above file to internal system and put the phone in downloaded mode connected and after a few minutes I get my phone booted with stock ROM.

What I surprised I did not find official page in Wiki of Cyanogenmod for official way to uninstall their product.
So I decided not to install the software that does not have official uninstallation tool. They have installation program only.
It's not good for us regular users. Before to come into the dark room usually it has to have to see exit way clearly.

I know of no custom ROM that can completely uninstall itself. One of best ways to revert back to stock is to flash via Odin which you were able to do.

Once I got the upgrade bug, I don't stick with stock for too long.

Congratulations on your success:good: