[Tutorial] D2G GSM band unlock--Worked on 330 to GB

Search This thread

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Well i tried codes from 4 different vendors. all the same code and all unsuccessful. Any suggestions, and can anyone help with a unlock code from Verizon or motorola. Im out of options. Thanks.

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
Anyone know if the baseband/radio from 2.4.330.. (N_01.48.05R) is any "better" than the one in 2.4.29.. (N_01.48.00R).

And just to confirm, band unlock hack does work on .330's radio as well?

-CC

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Well i tried codes from 4 different vendors. all the same code and all unsuccessful. Any suggestions, and can anyone help with a unlock code from Verizon or motorola. Im out of options. Thanks.

Most unlock code vendors say it clearly to save you the hassle, and time, that if you got an unlock from someone else and it doesn't work, don't buy theirs as it will most likely be the same and not work. Which in that case your only option is to somehow get the code directly from Verizon, because they must have changed it from the defaults. Unless the previous owner somehow changed it from default, themselves..

Verizon suggests that you find a friend or anyone that has an account in good standing with them, to put your phone on their account and then call the global number to have them get you the unlock code.

Hope that helps.

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
I'm a bit confused. In this topic, it is said that the method can UNLOCK the phone. I want to know if it unlocks capability of using ATT bands or completely unlocks the phone removing the ENTER UNLOCK CODE process?????

I have an droid 2 global that is now flashed like what is suggested here. But the phone still asks me to enter an Unlock Code. The phone has a BAD ESN and unlock codes from unlock4moto didn't work on it. I am in IRAN and want use the phone on GSM 900/1800 network with EDGE only. So, any way to make TBH make its changes on 900/1800 bands?????

Last edited:

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I have a motorola droid 2 global that is running gingerbread 2.3.3. Do I need this in order to use a tmobile or att sim card?

Unlocking the Droid 2 Global for Tmo/AT&T requires the following:

(1) You have to SBF down to System Version 2.4.330 or 2.4.229 (which are Froyo 2.2 based) as those system versions contain radios that accept the TBH Band Unlock Hack

(2) You must obtain a SIM unlock code for your device from Verizon (or another 3rd party vendor)

(3) You must root, install Bootstrap Recovery, and then while in recovery, install the TeamBlackhat ZIP file that hacks the radio.

HOWEVER...I took a weird path in this, and was still successful.

When I first got my D2G I SBF'd it to the Gingerbread .608 system, and then set everything up the way I wanted it to. (rooted, installed apps, configured accounts, etc). I then made a Nandroid backup in Recovery.

I then SBF'd down to 2.4.330. I applied the TBH Radio Hack and then did the SIM unlock code. I now had a happy system running 2.2 and functioning on AT&T's network!

But of course, I needed to get back to Gingerbread. An additional hack was made (that can be found on Rootzwiki) to put yourself onto the newest D2G stock firmware without touching the radio and ruining the Tmo/AT&T Hack.

So I went back to recovery, restored my Nandroid of .608, and then flashed the .608 kernel. I now have my .608 system completely intact and still riding on AT&T.

It's hard, it's a bit complicated, but once you get your version numbers straight you can flash at will.

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
Basically, if you have a nandroid backup of a 4.5.608 system, you can perform all the usual steps required to obtain a device running 4.5.608 w/band unlock, verify that it's working fine, and then just go back to CWM and choose advanced restore → restore /data only.

davepmer

Feb 19, 2006
Well I have tried both, but N_01.48.05R does not seem to be any better for me, in fact I seem to have gps issues when I am in gsm mode using N_01.48.05R. Now with N_01.48.00R the gps works perfect in gsm mode, I sometimes will lose gsm signal completely or just gsm data connection. for some weird reason I lose signal more often walking, maybe it is the vibration?

Anyone know if the baseband/radio from 2.4.330.. (N_01.48.05R) is any "better" than the one in 2.4.29.. (N_01.48.00R).

And just to confirm, band unlock hack does work on .330's radio as well?

-

callyaseen

Dec 10, 2005
I have done band unlock should i still need network unlock code to use another carrier sim card btw i am not in us and dont have verizon sim card.

lexxu1

Nov 7, 2010
Thanks so much!

I've got everything to work, and calls and texts work on the miui rom; however, data is really faulty and intermittent. What settings do I have to change? I heard there was a build.prop thing I could alter, but I can't find it. It would be really appreciated! Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know GSM band unlock is available on Froyo.

Now we can update to GB with Froyo's baseband, so it works too.

Here is more information : http://rootzwiki.com/topic/8326-d2g-gingerbread-hack-for-us-band-unlockers/

I'm curious, it says the GSM band unlock only works on 2.4.29's radio

But for me, it works on 2.4.330 very well. I never SBF 2.4.29, I always SBF 2.4.330 and use the unlock directly.

1.jpg2.jpg

Here's the details to get unlock on GB.

Downloads:
    http://www.multiupload.com/83M5G5WN4K c74e4c55e10ca09c8f86d836008ec190
    http://www.multiupload.com/L2KGS39BMO 56d1c3cfc8ce9ee70fa6ced4f82340b3

1. SBF back to 2.4.330 ( It works for me, if you have any trouble with 330, try 2.4.29 )

2. Root & Install Droid2Bootstrap_V1.0.0.5.

3. Put TBH_Band_Unlock_v2.0.zip in SD card.
    Put D2G-608-Kernel.zip in SD card
    Unzip D2G-608-nandroid.zip, put the folder "2011-10-26.14.34.37" in your SD card: /clockworkmod/backup

4. Go to Bootstrap recovery, flash Band unlocker : TBH_Band_Unlock_v2.0.zip http://www.multiupload.com/2QAZAQEH50

5. Flash D2G-608-Kernel.zip, after that, do not reboot!!!

6. Restore D2G-608-nandroid.

7. Wipe data/cache/dalvik or your can followed flash other GB rom.

8. Reboot, all done.

3.jpg4.jpg
    Hello there!!
    Does it mean that when I will use this method, I will not need an GSM Unlock Code??
    Please scroll up and read this:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19722895&postcount=18

Thanks.