[Q] Brick/bootloop

Search This thread

Dry.doc

Mar 6, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey guys, I've been searching all over for an answer to my problem, so I have looked...

Anyways...I was messing around with my phone (Verizon Galaxy Nexus) and decided to give MIUI a go, so I downloaded, backed up my current ROM and factory/cache/dalvik cache wiped my phone prior to install.

When It booted up, it stayed on the Google screen for a WHILE, so I just left it there thinking it would take a while as these things usually do.

Well, it won't, it sat on the google screen for over a half an hour. At this point I pulled the battery and tried to get into Recovery for a restore/sbf (Powere+Volume Down) and it won't let me navigate anywhere in the menu.

I'm stuck at Start with a notification that says "Downloading...Do not turn of target !!" The only thing I can do is press the power button which of course sends me back to the google logo and I'm at square one.

I've tried the toolkit on my desktop, but that does not work either (I've already set it up, as I used it to root in first place.) Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can normally figure these things out, but im really stuck here. Sorry if this shouldn't be here, Q/A just seemed like the right place

Thanks in advance

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hey guys, I've been searching all over for an answer to my problem, so I have looked...

Anyways...I was messing around with my phone (Verizon Galaxy Nexus) and decided to give MIUI a go, so I downloaded, backed up my current ROM and factory/cache/dalvik cache wiped my phone prior to install.

When It booted up, it stayed on the Google screen for a WHILE, so I just left it there thinking it would take a while as these things usually do.

Well, it won't, it sat on the google screen for over a half an hour. At this point I pulled the battery and tried to get into Recovery for a restore/sbf (Powere+Volume Down) and it won't let me navigate anywhere in the menu.

I'm stuck at Start with a notification that says "Downloading...Do not turn of target !!" The only thing I can do is press the power button which of course sends me back to the google logo and I'm at square one.

I've tried the toolkit on my desktop, but that does not work either (I've already set it up, as I used it to root in first place.) Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can normally figure these things out, but im really stuck here. Sorry if this shouldn't be here, Q/A just seemed like the right place

Thanks in advance
To get into recovery, you need to hold volume down AND volume up and press power. (This will take to you to the bootloader, and then select recovery.)

Reactions: Dry.doc

Xfanatic

Jul 25, 2012
Edit- What they said. ^^^ :)

Have you tried booting it up after pulling the battery? It may boot fine for you now. If not you want to hold volume up + volume down + power that is how you access recovery.
Volume down + power took you to Odin mode.

Allons-y

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Oh...thats what that was. What exactly is odin?

Sent from my XOOM 2 using xda app-developers app
Odin is a Samsung-specific interface that allows you to flash partitions to your device. For the most part, it is not needed on a GNex, given that we have unlockable bootloaders and can use fastboot. However, it is sometimes needed when your bootloader gets corrupt, and you can't use fastboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance
    To get into recovery, you need to hold volume down AND volume up and press power. (This will take to you to the bootloader, and then select recovery.)