[ROOT]LG Optimus One P500 Easy Rooting Tool 2.3.3

Search This thread

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
Root LG P500 Fast

this tool was originally created for the lg p350, but some people tried it on their p500's and it worked
I post here so all of you can root your devices with only a few clicks

Disclaimer
I am NOT responsible for any bricked devices, dead SD-cards, or any misfortunes that happen to you
This tool is fool proof, and if doesn't work, then YOU have broken it, YOUR phone was already bricked, or YOU Haven't followed the instructions properly
Do not Blame any developer for any problems. If it bricks devices, then it won't be published

You do not need to boot into fastboot. All instructions are given to you as you work

If your device can't be detected then it will go through checks, such as seeing if pc can see the device (windows 7 only)
It will also download and install the drivers for you silently if your computer doesn't have them, or if they are not working correctly

To use
  1. download the zip here
  2. extract to where ever you want
  3. run "antdking's p500 rooting tool.bat" (could be called "antdking's p500 rooting tool" depending on your system)
  4. follow the steps

If anyone wants to suggest features, post on here
If anyone wants to alter code, or add code (only if you know what you are doing), then send the suggestions to me, I will check them and add them

If people from other phones use this and it works, please post on here, or the original thread and I will post it into your forum as well

enjoy :)

download
sorry if this is in the wrong place as well

Last edited:

indispus

Jan 4, 2011
Bucharest
Didn't worked for me

Hello.

This didn't worked for me.
I've installed the driver, run the script, it recognized my device, it rebooted the devices, debugging is enabled, and it stalls on "pushing rooting script".

Cheers!

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Hello.

This didn't worked for me.
I've installed the driver, run the script, it recognized my device, it rebooted the devices, debugging is enabled, and it stalls on "pushing rooting script".

Cheers!

Hmm I don't know. You could try it again? I've not got time to work on this any more, sorry

Sent from my LG-P350 using xda app-developers app

beefmusta

Oct 25, 2012
Issue

Thanks for putting this together antdking
I came across an issue rooting my LG Optimus One with it, the batch script gave an error with something like "invalid option for su: --install"
Fixed it by adding single-quotes around the busybox command on line 409 like this:
adb -d wait-for-device shell "su -c '/system/bin/busybox --install -s /system/bbin'"

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for putting this together antdking
I came across an issue rooting my LG Optimus One with it, the batch script gave an error with something like "invalid option for su: --install"
Fixed it by adding single-quotes around the busybox command on line 409 like this:
adb -d wait-for-device shell "su -c '/system/bin/busybox --install -s /system/bbin'"

Ah yes, thank you. I ran into this issue on the p350 tool, I just never merged it onto the p500 tool.

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
I am not working on Android any more. Mods please close this thread and clear the thread.
Thank you.

acerkumar

Jun 10, 2012
My friend rooted his phone with your tool successfully working greatly:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

blueneel

Aug 28, 2012
pune
i have rooted my phone ..... but am unable to reboot in recovery to take a nandroid backup.... to rebbot in recovery i tried terminal emulator but phone restarts and formats then i tried key combination i.e volumeup+home+power switch but the phone formats again then i also tried volumedown+home+power but the phone restarts and everything is formatted again il all cases ...can u help me with it..... is any other tool available using which i can install recovery on my lg p500..... plz help....

lg-one-man

Sep 18, 2012
i have rooted my phone ..... but am unable to reboot in recovery to take a nandroid backup.... to rebbot in recovery i tried terminal emulator but phone restarts and formats then i tried key combination i.e volumeup+home+power switch but the phone formats again then i also tried volumedown+home+power but the phone restarts and everything is formatted again il all cases ...can u help me with it..... is any other tool available using which i can install recovery on my lg p500..... plz help....

Get rom manager app from the Google play store,which will allow you to flash a custom recovery.
Does that help?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

ilay47

Sep 18, 2012
so i just need to root it and then i have recovery?

and if i wanna install CM7 just flash it?

pmvyas

so i just need to root it and then i have recovery?

and if i wanna install CM7 just flash it?

No. Rooting will only allow you to flash a custom recovery, which you need to do seperately after rooting.
Options for Custom Recoveries -
1) AmonRa 2) TWRP 3) CWM
I use AmonRa which I find most stable & functional. CWM installation from ROM manager could brick your phone.

Once you have installed your recovery, then you can flash any custom ROM you like from this forum.

Hope this helps.:good:

iammtxd

Oct 17, 2011
Why not Gingerbreak? One click root and unroot.....just an apk will do.

Sorry for my bad English.
Sent from my LG-P500

chanti149

Jan 1, 2013
for lg optimus net p690?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

nice

spljoe

Feb 6, 2012
No USB

My problem is USB port is not getting recognized in my P500 phone ... only charging, No Mass Storage functionality works. So gotto try somethin on mobile itself ... Thanks anyways for ur suggestion.

Use "unlock root" (google it), just install the program and click "root" while the cellphone is connected to the PC.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Problem is PC does not recognize my phone's USB port ... Phone will only charge if I connect the USB cable. No Mass Storage functionality. Struggling to root ... looking for on mobile tool ... GingerBreak not getting downloaded fully, only 32.2 KB is getting installed from all provided links ...looking for OneClickRoot or other tool ... search goes on .. will surely root it soon ... thanks for all ur instructions ...

Root LG P500 Fast

this tool was originally created for the lg p350, but some people tried it on their p500's and it worked

You do not need to boot into fastboot. All instructions are given to you as you work

If your device can't be detected then it will go through checks, such as seeing if pc can see the device (windows 7 only)
It will also download and install the drivers for you silently if your computer doesn't have them, or if they are not working correctly

To use
  1. download the zip here
  3. run "antdking's p500 rooting tool.bat" (could be called "antdking's p500 rooting tool" depending on your system)
  4. follow the steps

If anyone wants to alter code, or add code (only if you know what you are doing), then send the suggestions to me, I will check them and add them

If people from other phones use this and it works, please post on here, or the original thread and I will post it into your forum as well

download

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root LG P500 Fast

Disclaimer
    I am NOT responsible for any bricked devices, dead SD-cards, or any misfortunes that happen to you
    This tool is fool proof, and if doesn't work, then YOU have broken it, YOUR phone was already bricked, or YOU Haven't followed the instructions properly
    Do not Blame any developer for any problems. If it bricks devices, then it won't be published

To use
    1. download the zip here
    4. follow the steps

download
    finally you come here :D your tool is really awesome, i rooted my dad p500 by your tool. :D
    Get rom manager app from the Google play store,which will allow you to flash a custom recovery.
    Does that help?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Don't get rom manager app. It bricks your phone now