[MOD][XPOSED][v2.0_rc1] Keepchat - Save your Snapchats automatically! - NEW: Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stammler

Jan 6, 2011
Frankfurt
Keepchat
Save your Snapchats automatically

Credits go to @sturmen who invented this mod and did the core work
Note: @sturmen transferred the project to me, see the old and initial thread.
Unlike his releases, screenshotting is no longer reportet. We came to the agreement that there are too many unofficial versions out there with the sceenshot reporting disabled, but potentially containing malware. So we thought it'd be safer for all to finally start releasing the mod without the reporting.

This Xposed module saves all images and videos upon opening to the keepchat folder on your SD card. It uses the Xposed framework to hook into the Snapchat app and do the magic. Because it uses the Xposed framework, it is device and rom independent :)

If you find any bugs, please report :)

Confirmed to work with Snapchat 3.0.7 (2013-08-22)

Installation
  1. Install the awesome Xposed framework on your rooted device.
  2. Install and activate the mod, which you can download from my Bintray site. Don't forget to do a (soft) reboot.

To Do
  • Auto-save sent Snaps
  • Choose location where to save snaps
  • Send to all functionality

Release Notes
  • 2.0_rc1 Settings added!
    -You'll find a new Keepchat Settings app
    -Select to save images or videos always, never or to be asked every time (default is always for both)
    -Set Toast notification length to short, long or disable them completely (default now)
  • 1.4.2 Fixed version that works with the newest Snapchat 3.0.5 (2013-08-21). Internal code improvements.
  • 1.4.1 Fixed double saving of image file. Now viewing a snap more than once in the few seconds it is viewable doesn't cause the image to be overwritten by itself any more.
  • 1.4 Media scanner support added. Thanks to @toringerottum from github.
    - Now images and videos are reported to the media scanner so they instantly show up in the gallery.
    - Improved the toast message for videos to show the path to the newly saved video file.

You can find the sources, technical details, bugs and troubleshooting discussions at my Github repository. This software is released under the GNU GPLv3.

Cheers and enjoy!

Last edited:

Shahaed

May 4, 2010
Does this still save the same snap multiple times if I click on it multiple times?

stammler

Jan 6, 2011
Frankfurt
Does this still save the same snap multiple times if I click on it multiple times?

Short answers 'yes'

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

The short answer should actually be no ;) Technically, the image will still be saved multiple times, but with the same file name. l.e., the image overwrites itself if the snap is viewed multiple times in the few seconds the snap is viewable after opening. This is the behaviour on my phone at least.

I will add this technical hickup to the todo list. But as it doesn't change the functionality, it will receive a low priority.

coolcapnc

Oct 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
The short answer should actually be no ;) Technically, the image will still be saved multiple times, but with the same file name. l.e., the image overwrites itself if the snap is viewed multiple times in the few seconds the snap is viewable after opening. This is the behaviour on my phone at least.

I will add this technical hickup to the todo list. But as it doesn't change the functionality, it will receive a low priority.

That is exactly how my phone works as well. Just overwrites if opened again.

November13

Jan 8, 2011
Trondheim
There are no words for how awesome this module is! It beats all of the root snapchatsaver apps (even the paid ones) on the play store. Thanks a LOT for this.

CONdemmedNORmal

Oct 12, 2011

on my xperia s it saves it twice if i open twice, and no it doesnt effect the functionality but is annoying :)

stammler

Jan 6, 2011
Frankfurt
Do we need to leave the regular Snapchat app installed? I removed it, installed xposed and rebooted, then installed keepchat 4.1, activated the module and rebooted. But I don't see keepchat listed as an app.

Of course you need to keep Snapchat installed. This is a MOD to Snapchat that is loaded via Xposed. That is the whole purpose of the Xposed framework, that mods hook into the installed packages. So you profit from upstream updates of apps, but still have working mods without modifying the original apps.

ajk511

Jul 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Of course you need to keep Snapchat installed. This is a MOD to Snapchat that is loaded via Xposed. That is the whole purpose of the Xposed framework, that mods hook into the installed packages. So you profit from upstream updates of apps, but still have working mods without modifying the original apps.

Cool. Thought the keepchat download included a modified apk of the app so I uninstalled it first. Can I just go download snapchat from where I am now or should I uninstall the keepchat mod and wipe first, then do it over again?.

stammler

Jan 6, 2011
Frankfurt
Cool. Thought the keepchat download included a modified apk of the app so I uninstalled it first. Can I just go download snapchat from where I am now or should I uninstall the keepchat mod and wipe first, then do it over again?.

Just install Snapchat from the Play Store or whatever ;) As I said, that's the whole idea of Xposed that makes it so much better than modifying apks. You don't need to modify anything, just install the mod (which is an app itself) independently from the app(s) it is modifying.

sorrowuk

Apr 5, 2011
If we have keepchat module 1.4 installed. How do we update to 1.4.1

What steps should we do ?

stammler

Jan 6, 2011
Frankfurt
If we have keepchat module 1.4 installed. How do we update to 1.4.1

What steps should we do ?

It's an app (apk file), just update it like any other app, i.e., download the newer version and install.
I consider uploading this (and my other) mod(s) to the F-Droid market, so F-Droid users get a notification when there's an update.

NSingh95

Aug 8, 2009
Columbus, OH
Hey guys i used to use this MOD and it used to work flawless, however I updated my phone to a 4.3 ROM and now I get an error each time I try to install the xposed framework... can someone please fix this or provide a different method of installing it somehow...

Thanks a lot, appreciate all the work and the help@!

stammler

Jan 6, 2011
Frankfurt
Hey guys i used to use this MOD and it used to work flawless, however I updated my phone to a 4.3 ROM and now I get an error each time I try to install the xposed framework... can someone please fix this or provide a different method of installing it somehow...

Thanks a lot, appreciate all the work and the help@!

This thread is about the Keepchat mod, NOT an Xposed framework support thread, sorry. Please look for your problem in the Xposed framework thread, probably many other users already faced the same problems as you. I saw a lot of 4.3 discussion going on there, with files to flash in recovery etc. BTW I use ParanoidAndroid @android 4.3 on a Nexus 4 and it still works flawlessly out of the box for me.

Last edited:

ryanfsdf

Mar 9, 2012
Can you add a version without the toast messages? I hate that little message that pops up every snapchat I open. Otherwise, its great!

Reactions: Stenberg^

stammler

Jan 6, 2011
Frankfurt
Can you add a version without the toast messages? I hate that little message that pops up every snapchat I open. Otherwise, its great!

I'm working on a major update at the moment to implement a settings screen. Then the user can select whether to always or never save images or videos (independent from each other) or if they should be asked every time by a pop-up or notification. I'll add an additional settings item to disable the toast messages -- thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Keepchat
    Save your Snapchats automatically

Credits go to @sturmen who invented this mod and did the core work
    Note: @sturmen transferred the project to me, see the old and initial thread.
    Unlike his releases, screenshotting is no longer reportet. We came to the agreement that there are too many unofficial versions out there with the sceenshot reporting disabled, but potentially containing malware. So we thought it'd be safer for all to finally start releasing the mod without the reporting.

This Xposed module saves all images and videos upon opening to the keepchat folder on your SD card. It uses the Xposed framework to hook into the Snapchat app and do the magic. Because it uses the Xposed framework, it is device and rom independent :)

If you find any bugs, please report :)

Confirmed to work with Snapchat 3.0.7 (2013-08-22)

Installation
    1. Install the awesome Xposed framework on your rooted device.
    2. Install and activate the mod, which you can download from my Bintray site. Don't forget to do a (soft) reboot.

To Do
    • Auto-save sent Snaps
    • Choose location where to save snaps
    • Send to all functionality

Release Notes
    • 2.0_rc1 Settings added!
      -You'll find a new Keepchat Settings app
      -Select to save images or videos always, never or to be asked every time (default is always for both)
      -Set Toast notification length to short, long or disable them completely (default now)
    • 1.4.2 Fixed version that works with the newest Snapchat 3.0.5 (2013-08-21). Internal code improvements.
    • 1.4.1 Fixed double saving of image file. Now viewing a snap more than once in the few seconds it is viewable doesn't cause the image to be overwritten by itself any more.
    • 1.4 Media scanner support added. Thanks to @toringerottum from github.
      - Now images and videos are reported to the media scanner so they instantly show up in the gallery.
      - Improved the toast message for videos to show the path to the newly saved video file.

You can find the sources, technical details, bugs and troubleshooting discussions at my Github repository. This software is released under the GNU GPLv3.

Cheers and enjoy!
    You can revert to the older working version 3.1.08 which is working for me. My gf was complaining it stopped working for her only to find out she updated it. I uploaded it for her and here is the link if anyone else wants it.

Snapchat 3.1.08
    To all the developers of this module, just a quick question but would one of you be able to look into why snapshare has stopped working aswell please :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'll take a look at it today

EDIT:
    I took a look and it doesn't seem like an easy fix. I'll fix it in my free time but no promises.
    Thank you so so much dude your amazing

If stammler doesn't come back are you going to take over the project obviously you'll need to create a new thread and change its name and all that to make it yours but I'm just curious

Oh and another thing story doesn't work when trying to save pics it comes up saying "cannot save, null file"

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Probably not, I'll be too busy with uni to do much. Ill try help whenever I can but won't be able to take over the project. I'll look over the story thing in about a week or so. No promises though.

EDIT: Ok so i needed a break so i took a quick look over the story thing. and well I think i've got it. I've attached the latest apk. (Also it doesn't actually save a new file every time you view a story. It just seems like that. Ill make it more clear when I can. )

And if anyone has any feature suggestions. Ill be happy to try implement them.

This does not work with snapchat beta 4.0.05 I just tested it. No prompt to save snap, no snap saved.

Well I never said it would work with the latest beta. But I can take a look at it if you could upload the beta apk. But there was just a update on the Play store which made the main version to 4.0.05 and it works completely fine for me.
    Sooo I figured out the problem and I managed to solve it easily.

Everything works as normal I think. No idea what story is I didn't really test it with that but here is the file.

It works with the latest version for me.

You might need to remove the previous version first. Not sure if you can just upgrade it. Also you probably need to reboot before it starts working.