Want to bypass the 2.5gb tethering limit from t-mobile? Here is my video tutorial!

Search This thread

MarcVampir

Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas
I'm using this method to tether to my laptop and my wife's laptop but I can't get it to work on my ps3 i can sign in to my hotspot but when the ps3 does the network test to see if I have a Internet connection it fails how can I get it to work on my ps3?

---------------------------------
Current Device:
T-Mobile Note 3

Devices R.I.P:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Sprint HTC Hero
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2
T-Monile Samsung Galaxy S3
Verizon DROID RAZR HD
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
Verizon Apple iPhone 5
Verizon Samsung Note 2
Verizon Apple iPhone 5s
Verizon Samsung Note 2
Verizon HTC One (m7)
Sprint LG G2
Sprint HTC One (m7)

(Killer of Phones....(Sith Voice) Peace is a Lie!

GSXR6

Oct 6, 2013
Well if anyone hasnt figured it out, I had so many issues getting help on this everyone had different methods, I tried em and I kept getting blocked from tethering on my plan, but I finally figured out a method that works for me and I havent went back since. I made a back-up of the Rom I started with, just in case I couldnt make it work after I flash another Rom because I dont like stock Roms.

1a. Select Rom of your choice, if your not already on it, if so (IMPORTANT) Factory Reset, & wipe all caches.
1b. If choosing a custom a custom Rom, make sure you Factory Reset, wipe both/all caches, and WIPE SYSTEM. Make sure rom is on your sd card.
2. Reboot and let phone settle, it should restore all apps after you sign in and set up.
3. DO NOT TOUCH your stock tethering.....PERIOD!!!!!!
4. Go to your settings to change/create APN
5. Create name of APN of your choice, mine is F@&kTmobile, Lol
6. Use fast.t-mobile.com in second setting under your name of APN.
7. Change both protocols to IPV4, and your set.
8. Select that APN and reboot immediately.
9. After reboot go to Playstore and purchase FoxFi and Wifi Tether
Router. Why I got both is because I run 3on3( PS3, PS4, Tv on 1 app)
Phones, Tablet, and Pc on the other.
10. Go to either app you decide to use and set it up properly, Wifi-disable scan, Foxfi-download PDA NET, might not need it, I dont.
11. Activate and tether your heart out.
The first time I did this it used some of my plan then suddenly stopped so dont jump off the cliff if you see your plan tethering being used.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcVampir

GSXR6

Oct 6, 2013
Thought I would post my screen shots to verify

Attachments

• 1402895236595.jpg
    1402895236595.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 516
  • 1402895254804.jpg
    1402895254804.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 483
  • 1402895280827.jpg
    1402895280827.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 473

GSXR6

Oct 6, 2013
As of right now, you can see it hasnt use any of my tethering plan. My Note 3 now powers my entire setup, PS3 & 4, Vizio Smart Tv, Laptop, my galaxy s4/note 3 depending on what phone im using/not using that week i use it to screen browse with tethering, and both tablets.

Attachments

• 1402895580192.jpg
    1402895580192.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

GSXR6

Oct 6, 2013
Im currently running Hyperdrive, but I have done this on Infamous Rom and Effortless Rom with NB4 and now on NE6 bootloader Kit Katt versions.

Trackfiends

Nov 2, 2013
I tried fox fi and tether router and neither have worked for me. I run wicked kitkat on 4.3 bootloader with the hacked apn and have had no issues with the built in hot spot.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402943887964.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402943887964.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 381

ugabuga

Jul 19, 2008
Wicked KK rom works with default tether app for everything... psn network, pc with no browser trickery,etc

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarcVampir

MarcVampir

Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas
so i can only tether to my ps3 if i flash a rom?

I have tethering working on my laptop but it's not working on my ps3 I'm using the method with the apn change also with wifi tether router & I tried foxfi today and still didn't work on my ps3, the ps3 sees the network. But when I sign. In it still can't find an Internet connection

Last edited:

GSXR6

Oct 6, 2013
so i can only tether to my ps3 if i flash a rom?

I have tethering working on my laptop but it's not working on my ps3 I'm using the method with the apn change also with wifi tether router & I tried foxfi today and still didn't work on my ps3, the ps3 sees the network. But when I sign. In it still can't find an Internet connection

What rom are you using

howdyace

Dec 19, 2008
Using wifi tether router and nothing else I haven't used my Hotspot data.
That's with 2 different phones, both note 3's. Stock rooted using towelroot.com

Pajar0913

Mar 5, 2013
Omaha
I'm on stock ROM rooted via towel root. And use WiFi router and it works on my smart TV, laptop and ps3

sent from a Galaxy Note 3 Far far away

MarcVampir

Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get it to work on my ps3 everything else works perfectly except the ps3 I get through the set up but when I test it for a connection it does not have one I've done some research and people have been saying connect it to my laptop then use a ethernet line to connect into the ps3 that doesn't work for me so I'm at a loss now

srod562

May 11, 2013
Long Beach, CA
This works perfectly on my laptop and on my PS3. Played a full online FIFA soccer game with no lag. Speeds on my laptop were 25 mbps. I'm on stock rooted 4.3 Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Galaxy Note3 using SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

TavonDemere

Feb 12, 2015
I'm on stock ROM rooted via towel root. And use WiFi router and it works on my smart TV, laptop and ps3

sent from a Galaxy Note 3 Far far away

How did you get it to work for ps3 ?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I'm fairly sure even doing everything with the APN removal of pcweb and using WiFi Tether Router, they can see usage still because of the User-Agent in HTTP headers. This means the other sure ways would be masking all User-Agents through a proxy (can even host your own in your local network to reduce speed loss) or through a VPN (will result in a loss of speed and a jump in ping (response).

Unless someone has made a breakthrough?

Hi quick question: do you know anything about enabling the wifi tether router to work for ps4 or ps3 using a verizon galaxy s4 on tmobile network?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enjoy guys, if the video helped you please give it a thumbs up! And subscribe for more! http://youtu.be/QbGu2b0cgGo
    Not to be the party pooper here but all of you who are using this trick to replace your home data entirety and/or using it for large amounts of data are going to end up ruining it for everyone.

When Tmobile can no longer afford to keep Unlimited data and they bring back tiered data you are all going to be crying and wondering why.

I'd say the 2.5gb of tethering that they give us with the unlimited data package is pretty damn generous as it is. Don't take a mile just because they give you an inch.

Just my two cents.

this method IS working on 4.4.2 just as a heads up
    I watched the video (nice video btw) and kept thinking what if you hooked up a laptop to it with no android spoofing agents. An ipad is like a mobile device. But a windows pc with a desktop user agent in a web browser is another story. I use my connection for work using the default tethering and it does not register any data through the vpn except web pages.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

I want an app that will allow unlimited tethering while watching YouTube videos on my windows pc without any spoofing.

I think T-mobile have just found out about it today. my internet got disconnecting around 1am central time. i was using modified apn. everything was working fine. i tried everything with no success, i called T-mobile, and they have to reset the signal, and reset the apn to its original setting. and then switch to 2g network, then switch to Auto. after all that i got my internet working. so i tried again to miss with the apn, what i found out is that no matter apn i use, will not work, unless i choose the protected apn. and my internet get disconnecting until i change to 2g then Auto.
    What i believe is T-mobile have just known about the apn trick.
    please everyone has the same issue report back.
    Are you using the newest version of the T-Mobile My Account app?? I think it can control and monitor wi-fi usage to block this trick. I block some of its permissions using LBE Security Master.