[APP][RELEASE] Metro Calculator - a simple WP7 style calculator

Search This thread

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Hi,
in the meantime while working on my new UI (it's getting harder and harder...) I've made a simple Windows Phone 7 style calculator. It's a kind of preview of how I'd like my new interface to look like.

I hope you like it :)

Currently only for VGA (although it should work fine on WVGA). The cab includes the new Segoe WP font.

Code:
[B]Changelog[/B]
[I]0.9.0 - 25.06.2010:[/I]
- first release (VGA)
[I]01.07.2010:[/I]
- all resolutions supported

Attachments

• ScreenShot4.Png
    ScreenShot4.Png
    16 KB · Views: 1,008
  • ScreenShot3.Png
    ScreenShot3.Png
    17.3 KB · Views: 4,171
  • ScreenShot5.Png
    ScreenShot5.Png
    27.8 KB · Views: 941
Last edited:

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
Is it possible to skin the HTC calc to Metro so you get all of the landscape and mathmatic benefits with the same UI?

Lenk83

Feb 18, 2010
hey, that looks really nice! Cant wait to get that on my xperia x1, with spb mobile shell Windows phone 7 stlye, would perfectly fit!

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Sorry for the delay, but I did not realise how advanced can a simple calculator be :D I've implemented all the functions of a standard calculator and it took me some time to get it all right. I hope to release it today evening, so stay tuned.

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
orb3000, great, thanks! :)

jonas9398, right now I'm working on my own interface but maybe if I get some spare time I'll do the other resolutions.

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Well, making the WVGA version means only changing the layout so the buttons fill all the screen :) I'll try to find some time during the next few days to do that.

I did not realise that the WM buttons can be changed... Nevertheless it look quite good with those rounded buttons :)

Well, making the WVGA version means only changing the layout so the buttons fill all the screen :) I'll try to find some time during the next few days to do that.

I did not realise that the WM buttons can be changed... Nevertheless it look quite good with those rounded buttons :)

Woo!!! Always glad when something's simple lol.

Yeah it does look pretty good with these, it's the only ROM I've seen with buttons that aren't the flat "grey" ones, maybe ask NRGZ how he did it?

Thanks again for this! :D

theXaviar

Mar 9, 2010
Gold Coast
Looks terrific and it matches the SPB Mobile Shell WP7S theme beautifully but the calculator doesn't seem to be able to recognize the comma as a decimal place. I'd like to use this as my shopping calculator but without being able to enter decimal places I cant use it for that. Great app, though, hope this bug can be sorted out.

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Thanks for the report, but could you give me an example? I didn't notice any bug so it would be good to reproduce it so I could see what's wrong :)

christiegee

Dec 24, 2007
Houston
No Blue

I got the calculator on my HTC Imagio, but the button background is white, not blue. I even double checked the settings. Any help or info would be appreciated!