Charging thru PC

Search This thread

jj4201998

Feb 4, 2007
I have the new 300 and it charges fine using the wall plug, but will not charge when plugged into the PC. Is this normal?

jblah

Jul 9, 2011
Washington DC
it will probably charge slowly if at all. remember the output for PC is for a normal USB which is 5v. the wall charger is 12 V if i'm not mistaken.

TXKSSnapper

Jan 16, 2012
I'm pretty sure its 15VDC, 1A. but either way its more than a computer's USB (5VDC, 500mA).

Think of the cord as a pipe in your house. The Voltage (VDC) is the size of the pipe, and the Current (A, or mA) is the speed at which the water flows through the pipe. If you slow down the waterflow, you'll still get the water you need, but a little bit slower. If you shrink the size of the pipe you get a lot less water at a time making it much much slower, probably not even enough to replace what is being used at the time.

Hope my analogy helps.

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
We need the fast charge option from aokp. We need a few other things before that option though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

steini81

Dec 14, 2010
Vienna
It was possible to charge the TF101 on an USB 3.0 port on the PC.
And the new Asus mainboards have an extra USB charging mode witch can be activated in the UEFI BIOS.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago
It says in the user manual (why read that useless junk?) that the tablet can only charge via USB while it's turned off. It's by design, as stupid as that design may be.

BierLiebHaber

Aug 21, 2011
Berlin
It says in the user manual (why read that useless junk?) that the tablet can only charge via USB while it's turned off. It's by design, as stupid as that design may be.

But it still charges when pluged into a pc it just doesnt say its being charged (you can check it yourself just plug it into your pc and wait a while the battery percentage will go up...)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago
That's interesting. I didn't try it, but I read the user manual, and I figure it's best to follow the manufacturer's instructions (until the bootloader is unlocked, anyway), especially with brand new expensive electronics.

Good to know, though. Thanks.