[DISCONTINUED][ROM][4.2.2] Nigthlies for Nexus S & Nexus S 4G 24/09/2013

Search This thread

omartins

Jan 31, 2011
Is Apollo working for everyone? I keep getting FC's

yes, it's working with latest nightly, as it has been lately. On the other hand, it's not 100%, I've been noticing some malfunctioning with the update of db, when we add some files/folders in SD card, it doesn't find/load them right away. In some cases I had to reboot the device in order to get those new items listed.
When I don't want to mess with Apollo, I just use ES file explorer media player and it goes ok!

RM

jokkir

Jan 24, 2012
Honestly, I gave up on Apollo during CM10 (or it might have even been CM9), and actually disabled it in the Manage Apps section. I've been using Google Music exclusively ever since and it works well.

sleepy

Same here. It's a shame because it seems pretty decent when it downloads the album art for you automatically. The problem with it is that it crashes way too often to be used daily. :\

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Honestly, I gave up on Apollo during CM10 (or it might have even been CM9), and actually disabled it in the Manage Apps section. I've been using Google Music exclusively ever since and it works well.

sleepy

Same here. It's a shame because it seems pretty decent when it downloads the album art for you automatically. The problem with it is that it crashes way too often to be used daily. :\

Same. I liked it, the interface is good, but sometimes it just became sloooooooow. And there's bugs sometimes with DSP Manager not applying. Overall it's a shame because it would be perfect if it didn't glitch all the time. Google Music is what I use now, simply got my album art fixed with album art finder and done deal.

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] Official Cm10.1 Nigthlies for Nexus S & Nexus S 4G 22/02/2013

I tried previous 2102 nightly and man it's slow comparing to the CM10. Obviously, memory management is not working very well, apps are constantly restarting, hungry for RAM. But everything is pretty polished and stable, only that part with multitasking is kinda dealbreaker.

Tried Slimbean 1.1, working faster than this, but had some minor glitches. Soft reboot now and then when USB mounting. I wasn't being able to change wallpaper till the restart, and occasionaly device become very hot when multitasking.
No such problems with 10.1

Waiting for M2 snapshot :).

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: plusforce

OnlySkills

Oct 9, 2012
Hi guys I just flashed this. Loving it so far.
Have some questions/concerns though:

1. Why can't I update the stock Calendar app to the newer one, rather I have to install the newer one (blue icon) as a separate app? Right now I just disabled the stock (green icon) Calendar app which I guess is fine, but was just curious.

2. In my SD card, can I delete "data.ext4.tar" and "system.ext4.tar" - they are taking up about 750MB and it would be nice to free it up. I do have naother folder which is titled as a date, and I believe contains the backup image, so I am leaving that alone. The above 2 files are listed separately though.

3. Is it possible to have vibrate on touch when sliding the unlock button on the lock screen? A feature from 4.1.2 that I miss.

Other than that..everything is great! Favourite features: Back button flashlight from home screen, Expandable volume control, pop-up text message display, and slide to left on lock screen (I have a Notes app there for quick notes). Thanks.

MrMat

Jun 24, 2012
Milestone 2 is coming... :D

the only thing I miss, is the option to set 4 columns of tiles.. anyone knows how to do that (if possible)????

sperelli

Nov 24, 2011
R: [ROM][4.2.2] Official Cm10.1 Nigthlies for Nexus S & Nexus S 4G 24/02/2013

In new calculator is there % option?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Milestone 2 is coming... :D

the only thing I miss, is the option to set 4 columns of tiles.. anyone knows how to do that (if possible)????

And anyone knows how to install the old 8ways lockscreen instead of this with 4slidersandcarousel?

Moreover, are there:

Battery colors?
Clock colors?
Notification quick shortcuts?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts