Active sync in windows 7 ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 1198227
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 1198227

Hi, I have install windows 7 rc , and i cant have my contacts in diamond to sync with outlook. It seems active sync is not compatible with win7 . Is there a solution ? Thanks ,

chribruu

Mar 21, 2007
Tromsø
When you connect your diamond to win7, it will automatically download drivers and mobile device center . To get Outlook is your own responsibility. You probably have a 30 day trial version on one of the disks that followed your phone, but it will still sync after those 30 days.

EDIT: I have no clue wether the trial version works in win7 or not.

D

Deleted member 1198227

Ι downloaded the above. I didnt see nothning to change. I have installed Windows Mobile Device Center and it looks to work ok. I see diamond from the pc as a hard disc, and i can use it. I also have internet to diamond throw the pc. The phone is recognized by the pc as Touch Diamond P3700, and i have the icon of sync sender in taskbar. What I dont have? The one i am interested more.. My contacts to outlook to pc.. I have installed office 2003 to the pc , and i have outlook 2003. There , contacts are empty.
I dint see to Windows Mobile Device Center to have any option to transfer contacts from phone to outlook.. Any help ?

edit... Ok I just solve it. I went mobile device settings-change content sync settings. In contact there a press sync settings ,and there it writes synconize from Pc1 Pc2. Only one was "ticked" I tick and the other , and contacts went to my pc... Very complicated i think..

Last edited by a moderator:

runebinder

Jul 28, 2008
Nottingham
Hi, I'm on Windows 7 64 bit build 7100. Trying to get my phone to sync, have installed WMDC 6.1 64 bit version, plug my Diamond in and Windows Update fails on trying to install the driver, just get PocketPC USB Sync in Device Manager with a status of "This device cannot start (Code 10)."

Any ideas where I am going wrong on this? Had no issues on Vista 64bit getting it to work, have repeated all the same steps so am scratching my head somewhat.

Edit: Solved it, turns out it was my USB extension lead, tried plugging directly into the computer and it worked perfectly lol

Last edited:

sjlane7160

Aug 5, 2008
Stephen Lane wrote:
I think I have researched all the treads on this pretty well now & I've tried all the above including rolling back to before I 1st allowed the WDM to install to no avail. I still can't get my Diamond talking to W7 WDM still talks to my old Vista Ult machine though.
Everything looks good the updater downloads drivers then the WDM then the installs happen the device gets found and it sort of knows its a HTC device plugged into a USB port but WDM and Sync Center both don't believe its there.
I've tried resetting the Diamond complete reboots of the computer, I've changed all settings in the PC to USB menu on the Diamond (another thread) and this only changes the Device from Generic Serial to Generic NDIS but still WDM won't connect.
So has anyone got any further suggestions I can't believe its this hard every one else has no probs what might I be doing wrong (I think the fact the device is a Generic Serial not a Diamond might be a hint but I can't prove it)

Regards
Stephen Lane

chiel-s

Jul 24, 2008
Stephen Lane,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you found a solution or still facing this problem?

dklatt

Aug 15, 2009
You can use Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1. It's free to download by MS.

Gr.,
Dennis

klaydze

Feb 5, 2010
Manila
WMDC does not recognize my G1. He detect that there is a unidentified device and searching the driver to web but after a minute it was NOT successfully installed. How come? LOL.