[Xperia P] problem flashing ftf file via flashtool

Search This thread

- Jun -

Apr 19, 2014
Hi all,
I can't flash the stock rom on my xperia p with flashtool. I followed all step of many guide of various web sites (much the same). I trying to flash LT22i_6.2.A.1.100_Generic World.ftf, but when i connected my device in flash mode, i waited a few second and flashtool output this:

26/059/2014 15:59:57 - INFO - (MainSWT.java:127) - Device disconnected
26/000/2014 16:00:08 - INFO - (MainSWT.java:139) - Device connected with USB debugging off
26/000/2014 16:00:08 - INFO - (MainSWT.java:140) - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

Why? My device was in debug on when i plugged it, and Flashtool recognized it!
What is MTP mode??

Some details:
- My device is Xperia P LT22i;
- I have installed xperia p drivers;
- It has custom rom and kernel of Kit Kat's android version;
- It has unlocked BL;
- I'm using windows 7.

Sorry for my english. I hope this post is clear.

Thank's in advance =D

someuser93

Apr 27, 2014
Turn device off

To flash it you must turn off your device & connect in Flashmode
"Device connected with USB debugging off" YOUR DEVICE ON NOT OFF:eek:

slogger001

Sep 24, 2013
Patna/Bihar/India
ya he is right

yes to flash firmware u have to connect the Device in flashmode (connect the device while holding vol - button )
MTP mode is media transfer mode u can access internal and SD card section through it..
:eek:

- Jun -

Apr 19, 2014
Yes, i got it

Yes, i have pressed volume down on device turned off and plugged it. It sparkle green led, as guide say. Flashtool indeed output this:
27/032/2014 13:32:22 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode

It was on debug on, going to settings - developer options and ticking USB Debugging (hoping i have it right!)

SonyFan23

Feb 20, 2014
Nikolaevsk
Yes, i have pressed volume down on device turned off and plugged it. It sparkle green led, as guide say. Flashtool indeed output this:
27/032/2014 13:32:22 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode

It was on debug on, going to settings - developer options and ticking USB Debugging (hoping i have it right!)

You waited until the firmware prepare for firmware, and after it notified hooked smartphone?

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
If you mean the window that figure how to turn off the phone and plug it in flash mode appeared after the flashtool's notice "Please connect your device into flashmode", yes, I did it.

Without performing flash, open flashtool and connect in flash mode, see that it stays in flash mode for about 45 seconds, if not it may be driver issue.
Which window version you are using and have you installed flash mode driver that come with flashtool?

- Jun -

Apr 19, 2014
I don't know. I wrote here because i need help about this strange situation.

Without performing flash, open flashtool and connect in flash mode, see that it stays in flash mode for about 45 seconds, if not it may be driver issue.
Sorry, but i don't understand what i do exactly: i have to click the black flash icon, choose flash mode and see what does it do flashtool?

Which window version you are using and have you installed flash mode driver that come with flashtool?
I'm using windows 7. I have installed xperia p drivers.

Talking of drivers, the first time i used drivers to unlock bootloader, i didn't use flashtool. Instead (following instructions in an android forum) i download a fastboot-driver folder containing Flashtool_drivers.exe and installed drivers from there and unlocked BL from command line (cmd). Later i download and installed flashtool (Version 0.9.10.2beta6). The procedure for installing drivers are the same. It might be this the problem?

I'm not very pratical with this element and terms. So be patient with me xD

SonyFan23

Feb 20, 2014
Nikolaevsk
I don't know. I wrote here because i need help about this strange situation.

Sorry, but i don't understand what i do exactly: i have to click the black flash icon, choose flash mode and see what does it do flashtool?

Talking of drivers, the first time i used drivers to unlock bootloader, i didn't use flashtool. Instead (following instructions in an android forum) i download a fastboot-driver folder containing Flashtool_drivers.exe and installed drivers from there and unlocked BL from command line (cmd). Later i download and installed flashtool (Version 0.9.10.2beta6). The procedure for installing drivers are the same. It might be this the problem?

I'm not very pratical with this element and terms. So be patient with me xD
instruction
1 ) Run label - Flashtool.exe ( After installing the label should appear on your desktop , but if it does not, look for a shortcut to the root directory of the installed program " C :/ ... / Flashtool")
2 ) After starting the program you will see the Flashtool window inside which will block with the lightning bolt (click )
3 ) In the resulting window, select Flashmode
4) In the resulting window , in the left center of the screen you will see the firmware which was previously thrown in " C :/ ... / Flashtool / firmwares", click on the firmware
5) On the right will "tick" do not click if you do not know what you are doing . "Wipe Data" means erase all that was in the phone. Remove or leave - you decide for yourself. However, we strongly recommend that when a different version of firmware OS erase everything .
6) We click "OK "
7 ) You will see a graphical user guide your actions , namely : Turn off your phone , hold Volume Down + Connect the USB cable to the computer and then to your phone. You did everything right if you turned green diode . In no case " run " line of the firmware not vyderayte USB cable! Do not get scared if you see a mistake sometimes in red font !
9. ) Wait reported successful firmware "Flashing finished"

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
ISorry, but i don't understand what i do exactly: i have to click the black flash icon, choose flash mode and see what does it do flashtool?
Just open flashtool, do not click any icon, and connect in flash mode, see in the log if it get into flash mode and how long it says in flash mode untill it dissconnects.

- Jun - said:
You did not install flash and/or fastboot mode drivers too (though it seem you had if you unlocked bootloader)?
If you are on 64 bit windows you may try Flashtool.exe instead Flashtool64.exe.

- Jun -

Apr 19, 2014
Revealed(?)

@SonyFan23: Thanks for the guide. =)
I followed all steps carefully knowing terms and what it make me do. It's not the red font, but the red diode after the green one to worry me! -_-
@ChikeD: I try both Flashtool.exe and Flashtool64.exe. it seems they both work. In any case, i'm on 64 bit.
Yes, i unlock BL, so i had to install this drivers. But, after i connect my phone in flash mode as you told me, few seconds later flashtool show that the device is disconnected!
It seems that the problem is drivers.

What should i do? Unistall and install them again?