[Q] will updating to CM 11 wipe data?

Search This thread

no_username_available

May 14, 2013
Toronto
i got the update notification but wanted to know if it would wipe my data, i installed CM 10.2.1 and gapps via recovery, if you need more info i can provide but I'm not too sure whats needed :laugh: thanks in advance guys

Bandaid_nyc

Sep 13, 2012
NYC
thanks, its a snapshot update ( not too sure what that is yet ) and i made a titanium backup already, does nandroid allow you to restore via recovery?

If the backup you made was via CWM you can restore from there as well. Just make sure you find the right path to your backup. Example: i have my backup on my micro sd card, I would select Backup and Restore, select Restore from / storage / sdcard1 and then select which backup you would like to restore.

Hope this helps :D

Last edited:

no_username_available

May 14, 2013
Toronto
If the backup you made was via CWM you can restore from there as well. Just make sure you find the right path to your backup. Example: i have my backup on my micro sd card, I would select Backup and Restore, select Restore from / storage / sdcard1 and then select which backup you would like to restore.

that help a ton man thanks! just one last thing, how do i back up from cwm? would i go into recovery and backup?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no it wouldn't, but i'd do a nandroid backup just incase and flash gapps 4.4.2 to make play more compatible with kitkat (cm11)
    thanks, its a snapshot update ( not too sure what that is yet ) and i made a titanium backup already, does nandroid allow you to restore via recovery?

If your backing up to your SD Card, After you boot into CWM, select Backup and Restore, select Backup to / storage / sdcard1....profit!
    Thats what we're here for.