Skinomi Tech Glass first impressions/mini review

Search This thread

angryGTS

Feb 18, 2011
Hello everyone. I just got the chance to install the Skinomi Tech Glass tempered glass screen protector that I ordered off of Amazon a couple days ago for $14.95 after I noticed that my Nillkin chipped in a couple of spots on top of the screen protector and proceeded to crack.
The overall packaging of the Skinomi is done rather well and unless heavy items is stacked on the packaging the screen protector should be safe during transport. I chose the Skinomi product over other products because of a lifetime replacement warranty they have on the product so if this screen protector happens to chip or lift up because of a poor manufacturing process I have that extra piece of mind. Some features this product has is as mentioned before a lifetime warranty, a thin profile(seems thinner than Nillkin although the official specs has it the same), rounded edges, oleophobic coating, and a proximity sensor cutout. Installation was a breeze and the fit is much like the Nillkin with a couple of millimeters of space around the edges. So far I am quite satisfied with the product, I will upload pictures of the installation soon.
1409024008576.jpg
1409024029262.jpg
1409024059267.jpg
1409024076757.jpg

ckai

May 12, 2011
Does is come with a back protector as well? I noticed my Nillkin has small chips at a few spots as well. One of them looks like it's cracked slightly but it's so thin you don't notice it. I'm thinking it'll blow out eventually though so I'll have to replace sooner or later. Damned if I know how how it would have chipped since I've never dropped it or keep it near anything that could do it.

The cheap back protector that comes with the Nillkin seems to be doing the job, it's scratched to hell! So I'll never not have anything on the back.

angryGTS

Feb 18, 2011
No the Skinomi does not come with a back protector, just the front. I still have my Nillkin back cover still on the phone.
I am assuming the keys in my pocket caused the chips on my Nillkin because I never dropped my phone either.

Nith2

Apr 13, 2011
Forgive me if this sounds stupid, is this meant to be use in place of the stock glass that comes on the Z1?