Safestrap Rooted Warranty phone 4.3 Return

Search This thread

justalfe

Sep 11, 2012
Hey guys so i received a warrantied phone trough verizon that came with 4.3, i ended up doing the safestrap root method and got it rooted,After a few days i came to realize that the lock bootloaded to me is a big deal and will be returning the phone they sent out to me over this. The problem im facing is whats the best way to take this phone back to stock/unroot. Should i use ODIN with 4.3 stock images or will that brick the phone?

unlocked bootloaders equal choices!

ecltech

Oct 15, 2007
Hey guys so i received a warrantied phone trough verizon that came with 4.3, i ended up doing the safestrap root method and got it rooted,After a few days i came to realize that the lock bootloaded to me is a big deal and will be returning the phone they sent out to me over this. The problem im facing is whats the best way to take this phone back to stock/unroot. Should i use ODIN with 4.3 stock images or will that brick the phone?

unlocked bootloaders equal choices!

Boot back into your STOCK ROM slot (you do this from the Safetrap Recovery) then uninstall SafeTrap. You can then do a factory reset and you'll be back to the 4.3 no-root or no Safetrap.

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
yeah i have a minor crack on my screen, barley noticeable, and don't want to get my phone replaced cuz of that.