Ugly Everald green with new update for HTC One

Search This thread

kiethsw2001

May 25, 2010
Well I've tried to search everywhere and play with every option on my phone I have an HTC One m7 they just did an update today on my phone and there's this ugly ass emerald green everywhere and I can't find the option to change it or get rid of it or revert. Any help guys?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1401726362547.jpg
    1401726362547.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 1401726382019.jpg
    1401726382019.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 136

kiethsw2001

May 25, 2010
Oh here's my software info so others be warned about downloading the OTA update

Attachments

• 1401726584753.jpg
    1401726584753.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 129

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Yup I hate it too, why they would choose that colour as standard is beyond me, that's why I will only use a custom sense 6 rom where you can change all of that.

Anyway, go to settings - personalize - themes to change it for now.

or you could root, download xposed installer and then sense 6 toolbox to change it, a bit more complicated though.

kiethsw2001

May 25, 2010
Yeah I did that I selected the thing that has black in it and a picture of a frozen um evergreen branch or some ****. But still everything I touch is highlighted in green and all of my contacts that don't actually have pictures have big ****ing square green patches on them. You know I'm no stranger to rooting and flashing. I usually end up doing it toward the end of my contract that's usually when the phone starts ****ing up to. But I love this phone so much the way it is. Trust me a time will come and overclocking along with free wifi for everyone. **** sprint they can lick my balls. It's better than a iphone but we're not there yet the fellas.

kiethsw2001

May 25, 2010
Yeah I had Viper ROM on my htc evo 3d I liked it I also liked the CyanogenMod. But to tell you the truth I prefer the stock look. But I like the overclocking and the access to WiFi sharing. You know I noticed the more and more you mod a phone it's like an addiction he keeps throwing **** from everywhere together little bit from here a new skin from there. I knew kernel from another place then you flash the radio. And then you end up with a hodgepodge. And then you brick your phone lol

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Yeah I had Viper ROM on my htc evo 3d I liked it I also liked the CyanogenMod. But to tell you the truth I prefer the stock look. But I like the overclocking and the access to WiFi sharing. You know I noticed the more and more you mod a phone it's like an addiction he keeps throwing **** from everywhere together little bit from here a new skin from there. I knew kernel from another place then you flash the radio. And then you end up with a hodgepodge. And then you brick your phone lol

Welcome to the world of wanting your device your way. Either flash a rom or redo the hundreds of xml and image changes to get rid of the green.

kiethsw2001

May 25, 2010
Well I decided to call HTC and ask them about it and I told them I've been a customer with them since the hero and then the HTC EVO 3d and now the HTC One m7 and I explained the situation and they basically told me well it's all part of sense 6 and there's no way you could take it out so you're SOL. So it looks like a rooting I will go thanks for all the support guys

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
You can change the theme in Sense 6 in the Personalise menu, not that I ever did as I quite like the green but I've gone to GPe