I just got AT&T .91 Update OTA!

Search This thread

markh7999

May 1, 2008
Installing this OTA update will make it so you can't use RSD lite to flash a SBK from an earlier version.
This is important because if for any reason you mess up your phone beyond repair and want to go back to a "stock" state, you will not be able to use the SBK files we currently have.

It will cause your phone to brick (as we have seen with the SAME file that was leaked a couple of weeks ago) if you go back to an earlier version via RSD.

Rooting after update. (Confirmed working on page 20)
http://briefmobile.com/motorola-atrix-4g-root

Mark

Last edited:

markh7999

May 1, 2008
Sorry if thats not the exact correct version because I was so excited and hit download right away but I did see the .91. Ill let you know as soon as its done installing.

Atrix, Detroit, MI

DiamondJay20

Jun 11, 2011
4.5.91 yea I just got it too! for the last month, I've been checking for updates every hour or so. I'm mad pumped! Its downloading now, and I cannot wait to root it and get rid of the ads, try CM7!

markh7999

May 1, 2008
Screenshot attached, I am drooling all over the progress bar :)

Attachments

• DSC00039.jpg
    DSC00039.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,857

crea78

Jan 17, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I got the update as well, but reluctant installing the new version since I may lose root. Has anyone tried Gingerbreak, to see if it will work?

Last edited:

DroidBabe

Mar 1, 2011
I don't think I will get it since I have the 2.3.4 beta 4 installed. Right?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

DiamondJay20

Jun 11, 2011
now its on, and its absolutely amazing! the weather widget actually works, as does maps now! does anyone know how to root the official OTA?

markh7999

May 1, 2008
Install done, attached screeny. Its definately different!

Attachments

• DSC00040.jpg
    DSC00040.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,034

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009
I have k's beta 4, so I am not able to get it right? or can I get it by flashing back to 1.26 and it's all the way up? I used cemetery to install bg btw

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installing this OTA update will make it so you can't use RSD lite to flash a SBK from an earlier version.
    This is important because if for any reason you mess up your phone beyond repair and want to go back to a "stock" state, you will not be able to use the SBK files we currently have.

It will cause your phone to brick (as we have seen with the SAME file that was leaked a couple of weeks ago) if you go back to an earlier version via RSD.

Rooting after update. (Confirmed working on page 20)
    http://briefmobile.com/motorola-atrix-4g-root

Mark
    i am only going to say this one last time.

The leak from a week ago, was the offical ota, the same thing everyone is installing. They are 100% binary equals, theres is nothing there that is not seen before. All the same issues bugs everything. Nothing is nicer or newer, and nothing is worst or older.
    so has anyone been brave enough to attempt to sbf flash down?

And i guess this means moto will be releasing their 2.3.4 source soon!

whoever tries to sbf back is an idiot! This is the same leake ota. You will hard brick. This is 100% the same binary.

Even the md sums are the same. Thats why its stupid for everyone to go rush and download this, since there is safe methods to install this that does not include blowing an e-fuse
    Like someone else said, installing this OTA update will make it so you can't use RSD lite to flash a SBF from an earlier version.
    This is important because if for any reason you mess up your phone beyond repair and want to go back to a "stock" state, you will not be able to use the SBF files we currently have.

It was found that this OTA update contains a NEW bootloader.
    MY opinion is to not install this version of the 4.5.91 update.
    Kenneth has the same exact GB version posted up. The difference is that his will NOT update the bootloader, so you are still able to flash SBFs on your phone if need be.

Thank you.
    Do I need to be on 1.8.3 to do this update cause I cant update.
    Yes you do