Widgets?

Search This thread

bookbuster

Jun 1, 2014
Is it possible to “root" my Kindle, and load on Android?

Don't need to have two OS's. Just want the pure Andriod experience + widgets.

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011

In the future please be more descriptive in your titles.

Anyway... If you are updated to the latest firmware, the short answer is no. Sorry dude, amazon has this locked down like Fred Phelp's butthole at a drag show.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bookbuster

bookbuster

Jun 1, 2014

Anyway... If you are updated to the latest firmware, the short answer is no. Sorry dude, amazon has this locked down like Fred Phelp's butthole at a drag show.

Uhhh. I actually watched it update, and a part of me thought. “oh no."

Well. What is the best browser on kindle OS then?

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
That is a matter of opinion. I actually don't use my kindle anymore, having gotten annoyed with it way too many times and haven't tried any alternative browsers but if you can get chrome or dolphin on there they are both much better than silk in my personal opinion.

I'm guessing you're a new user so I'm gonna give you a couple friendly tips about xda

1. Don't ask for ETA's, that means don't ask "when/will there be an update for *anything*" the devs do all their work in their free time and don't exactly get paid for the numerous hours spent making ROMs/mods, cracking security, gaining root access.

2. Matters of opinion are not generally acceptable posts or questions because "what is the best..." Is based on personal preference and the threads quickly deteriorate into a pissing contest

3. As stated, be more specific when making threads

4. Before asking a question browse the forum and use the search function. Not only does it prevent multiple threads on the same topic but you often find your answer faster that way.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck not using the kindle to kill yourself in frustration, lol.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
No. Locked bootloader means no true ROMs at the moment, only "mods" that adds to the factory ROM.

CJuspast (sorry about spelling) had a pure ROM based partially on a Nexus ROM. It doesn't work that well.

Given that a "modded" ROM works quite well (I have both Amazon *and* Google play working together) taking one other doesn't really make it run any better.

Last edited:
Reactions: bookbuster

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That is a matter of opinion. I actually don't use my kindle anymore, having gotten annoyed with it way too many times and haven't tried any alternative browsers but if you can get chrome or dolphin on there they are both much better than silk in my personal opinion.

I'm guessing you're a new user so I'm gonna give you a couple friendly tips about xda

1. Don't ask for ETA's, that means don't ask "when/will there be an update for *anything*" the devs do all their work in their free time and don't exactly get paid for the numerous hours spent making ROMs/mods, cracking security, gaining root access.

2. Matters of opinion are not generally acceptable posts or questions because "what is the best..." Is based on personal preference and the threads quickly deteriorate into a pissing contest

3. As stated, be more specific when making threads

4. Before asking a question browse the forum and use the search function. Not only does it prevent multiple threads on the same topic but you often find your answer faster that way.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck not using the kindle to kill yourself in frustration, lol.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

No. Locked bootloader means no true ROMs at the moment, only "mods" that adds to the factory ROM.

CJuspast (sorry about spelling) had a pure ROM based partially on a Nexus ROM. It doesn't work that well.

Given that a "modded" ROM works quite well (I have both Amazon *and* Google play working together) taking one other doesn't really make it run any better.