S-off, now for fixing wallet and hulu plus

Search This thread

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
So,

I'm reaching out to smarter people then I.

Now that we got S-Off anybody have ideas on how to fix the nfc for wallet or Isis? Also get hulu plus working?

I know a majority of wallet/isis is getting the secure SIM, but I know Isis has a root check. How can we trick it?

Hulu plus seems to not like unlocked devices due to DRM keys being removed. Can we relock and still keep root now? Or how to we trick this app? Its been done on other sense devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

ThatFool

Apr 16, 2011
From what I understand s-off basically makes it easier to flash complete packages like boot.img and ROMs together

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
Right but it also allows you to do things like relock and keep root.

I'm not one of the people who think s-off is a magic pill and will bring aosp, just curious if anyone has given the apps any thought.

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
Word on the street is we don't have a secure element, and Wallet needs one... so if that's true, it won't happen no matter what we unlock.

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
So,

I'm reaching out to smarter people then I.

Now that we got S-Off anybody have ideas on how to fix the nfc for wallet or Isis? Also get hulu plus working?

I know a majority of wallet/isis is getting the secure SIM, but I know Isis has a root check. How can we trick it?

Hulu plus seems to not like unlocked devices due to DRM keys being removed. Can we relock and still keep root now? Or how to we trick this app? Its been done on other sense devices.

If you want HULU Plus to work, just email the devs at mobilesupport@hulu.com send them a pic of the error if you can then they will ask you to try some things and if that doesnt work, just advise them and the will send you a questionaire to fill out, Just tell them its stock and not rooted.

I emailed them and went back and forth with a tech to find the issue and now it works fine

jasoraso

May 24, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
I know we can get a secure element sim

I've got a secure element sim, but unfortunately, Google Wallet doesn't seem to look for a secure element on the sim :(

And even if it did, I think only VZW has the key to the secure element. So Google Wallet stays locked out. Since the sim is provided by VZW, they can argue that they don't need to provide the key to 3rd parties, keeping the monopoly to themselves.

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
Any chance we can trick isis' root check? I'd be Ok using isis at this point

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
So jrocker are you unlocked? Rooted? S-off? And what rom?

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
Ok I did a the modification to actually lock the bootloader.

I actually did a fastboot oem lock. That gave me relock, I then flashed the mod found on the original development dna forum and got locked.

Huluplus works fine now

fireguy0306

Jun 18, 2010
Yeah.

I will say the new hatka 3.0.1 does not work though with Huluplus

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Yea, I think it has to do with drm keys or something like that. Which you don't have when you are unlocked.

If you want hulu to work, just email them, give them the answers they ask for, just don't tell them you are rooted. I'm s-off & all unlocked and it works for me...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Has anybody tried using the secure NFC libs from a evo lte in place of the DNA NFC libs. That along with a build.prop might get wallet up and running for you guys

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Has anybody tried using the secure NFC libs from a one x or similar in place of the DNA NFC libs. That along with a build.prop might get wallet up and running for you guys

There isn't a secure element in the dna. So that won't work.

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I did it on the Evita one x which doesn't either and got it past the insecure element error.
Copy pasting the libs will cause force closing, but if you replace the libs in whatever ROM you use and flash them it works perfectly. Then its just a matter of editing build.prop or the apk to actually get it to register the account.