[Q] Rooting Problem 4.3

Search This thread

JollyGreen527

Jun 8, 2014
I've been searching around on how to root my device and I thought I had found the right way to do it, but after trying my phone will stay on the boot screen while saying all the recovery stuff. I can also get it into download mode again, but it won't fully start. Can anyone tell me how to get my phone back to stock ROM so that I can just use my phone again? Thanks.

JollyGreen527

Jun 8, 2014
Whicf root u r using? Cfautoroot? Did u use the correct root file for 4.3?

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

It was cfautoroot. I thought I was using the right version, but evidently it might not have been. I also used Odin 3.7 instead of 3.9 on accident so I don't know if that changes anything.

G

GuestK0079

So, to sum it all up, you were trying to root your device with your eyes closed ?
It's clearly written on the cfroot site what to use and how to do it.

Sent from my N9005

JollyGreen527

Jun 8, 2014
Could I just do the same process over again with a different file using ODIN or do I need to put the stock back on it again in order to correctly root it? I've been looking at more guides and it seems like I did all the right things, but I guess the .tar file I had may have been old even though I thought it was for my T-Mobile Note 3 using 4.3. Any suggestions because I would prefer to get it right this time, and not mess my phone up anymore than I have.

4aces

Feb 16, 2010
Could I just do the same process over again with a different file using ODIN or do I need to put the stock back on it again in order to correctly root it? I've been looking at more guides and it seems like I did all the right things, but I guess the .tar file I had may have been old even though I thought it was for my T-Mobile Note 3 using 4.3. Any suggestions because I would prefer to get it right this time, and not mess my phone up anymore than I have.
Did you try to flash Kit Kat? Therefor you would need the new bootloader as well. I never got a bootloop with just rooting the device and that's been a lot of times. Try to flash stock rom in Odin again (7 or 9 doesn't matter) and then look for the correct file again.

Reactions: JollyGreen527

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth

U better get from someone with tmob who have it earlier. I guess the file there work on 4.4.2. U never mentioned earlier on ur 1st post that u r on tmob.

Or, easier way, upgrade to KK and then root. :)

Reactions: JollyGreen527

JollyGreen527

Jun 8, 2014
So would http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote3/SM-N900T/N900TUVUCNB4_N900TTMBCNB4_TMB.zip work? I just put the .tar file into the AP part of Odin 3.09 and start it in download mode, and it should work right? My girlfriend has the exact same phone not rooted also, would I be able to use hers at all to get it back to stock?

Last edited:

JollyGreen527

Jun 8, 2014
Thanks for the help. I was able to flash the stock ROM back on my phone and everything is back to normal. Now all I need to do is find the right file to correctly root it. (Still 4.3)

After trying again, with what I made sure was the right file for 4.3, which was the one I used before, it still won't get past the recovery and boot screen after the root process on ODIN. While looking at the guide it said to uncheck auto reboot if it is not installing then just put it into recovery mode myself and it should work. Should I do that to make it work?

Tried that, and it didn't work also. Not sure how to make it work. I put the .tar file in the AP spot. Do I need a different file in one of the other slots? Thanks.

Last edited:

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Thanks for the help. I was able to flash the stock ROM back on my phone and everything is back to normal. Now all I need to do is find the right file to correctly root it. (Still 4.3)

After trying again, with what I made sure was the right file for 4.3, which was the one I used before, it still won't get past the recovery and boot screen after the root process on ODIN. While looking at the guide it said to uncheck auto reboot if it is not installing then just put it into recovery mode myself and it should work. Should I do that to make it work?

Tried that, and it didn't work also. Not sure how to make it work. I put the .tar file in the AP spot. Do I need a different file in one of the other slots? Thanks.

No you don't need any other file.
Check your reactivation lock make sure it is off, usb debugging is on.
And sometimes, it needs 2 times to flash to success. Don't worry.
The only thing you have to make sure is : the root file you are using to flash, must be for 4.3 JB. Not 4.4.2
I have no idea the one inside CF-autoroot post is for Tmob 4.4.2 or for 4.3
You should find out this one, because if you are using root file for KK on JB, your phone will bootloop (and vice versa).

JollyGreen527

Jun 8, 2014
USB debugging on but still didn't work. Flashed it twice but didn't work. The reactivation lock option isn't showing up in my security so not sure about that one. How big should the file be that I use to root with? I found another guide that shows to use a file that's over a gigabyte big but also using the csc part of ODIN. The file I'm using now from cfautoroot is only about 20 megabytes.

I saw a post that said to use Kingo Root or Vroot but as I've been searching I've heard bad things about Kingo. Is Vroot any good?

Last edited:

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
USB debugging on but still didn't work. Flashed it twice but didn't work. The reactivation lock option isn't showing up in my security so not sure about that one. How big should the file be that I use to root with? I found another guide that shows to use a file that's over a gigabyte big but also using the csc part of ODIN. The file I'm using now from cfautoroot is only about 20 megabytes.

I saw a post that said to use Kingo Root or Vroot but as I've been searching I've heard bad things about Kingo. Is Vroot any good?

I have no idea again. Sorry.
If u want to learn, find some other sources of knowledge and try on ur own risk.
But if u just want to get root a.s.a.p, I would suggest u upgrade to 4.4.2 and use cfautoroot. I believe the file posted on cf thread is for 4.4.2.

Good luck ;)

Any more help before this gets buried?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No you don't need any other file.
    Check your reactivation lock make sure it is off, usb debugging is on.
    And sometimes, it needs 2 times to flash to success. Don't worry.
    The only thing you have to make sure is : the root file you are using to flash, must be for 4.3 JB. Not 4.4.2
    I have no idea the one inside CF-autoroot post is for Tmob 4.4.2 or for 4.3
    You should find out this one, because if you are using root file for KK on JB, your phone will bootloop (and vice versa).

I have no idea again. Sorry.
    If u want to learn, find some other sources of knowledge and try on ur own risk.
    But if u just want to get root a.s.a.p, I would suggest u upgrade to 4.4.2 and use cfautoroot. I believe the file posted on cf thread is for 4.4.2.

Good luck ;)

Any more help before this gets buried?

Whicf root u r using? Cfautoroot? Did u use the correct root file for 4.3?

Did you try to flash Kit Kat? Therefor you would need the new bootloader as well. I never got a bootloop with just rooting the device and that's been a lot of times. Try to flash stock rom in Odin again (7 or 9 doesn't matter) and then look for the correct file again.

U better get from someone with tmob who have it earlier. I guess the file there work on 4.4.2. U never mentioned earlier on ur 1st post that u r on tmob.

Or, easier way, upgrade to KK and then root. :)