4.4.4 Issues

Search This thread

Jecmenn

Dec 27, 2012
Prague
If you have any issues with latest update 4.4.4 write them here.

My issue: Extreme huge battery drain (In 5 hours off-screen from 100% to 14%) (FIXED)

Last edited:

maxld

Mar 21, 2009
Łódź
On the other hand, my battery has been never better. I have superb battery life on 4.4.4

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

krumbs

Jan 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
www.krumbs.in
The speaker volume seems to be too low! Can barely hear it. Was on the GPe ROM before this, and I am certain it was louder.
Any hacks to boost the volume without distorting the sound or blowing up the speaker?

Edit - Boosted the speaker volume to 98 in mixer_paths.xml, and now I can at least hear it!

Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I'm running 4.4.4 GPe, and I just checked the loudness of my speaker by using a dB meter app on my Desire HD, and I'm not complaining at all.

Again, it seems like one group of Ultra owners have a loud and good speaker (like I do), and a second group who has a lower quality speaker. This isn't the first time this topic is up around here.

uploadfromtaptalk1404229601941.jpg

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
85! What! That's a lot!

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Indeed. That was with my DHD straight next to my Ultra, and this was one of the few times where I've pushed the volume to max. I usually have the ringer volume on 60-80% and I hear it easily when it rings.

This is stock 4.4.4 GPe without any volume mods or tweaks. xLOUD is enabled and that's it.

kukuroo

Jan 14, 2012
after the update i can't turn off the phone using the power off in the power menu..the power button is working fine even the screenshot and airplane mode is working.

Jecmenn

Dec 27, 2012
Prague
Little info: Now is 4.4.4 rolling out in Germany, Spain, Turkey and other regions across Europe.

shany_in

Nov 20, 2006
Call quality and low speaker volume

I am experiencing Call quality and low speaker volume after 4.4.4 update :rolleyes:
Anyone else experiencing same?
Any tweak or compatible app for speaker volume? Mine is not rooted.

Last edited:

shany_in

Nov 20, 2006
More bugs ..

Search in contacts is slow and buggy
Contacts list renders slow
Linked contacts lookup doesn't work as before
Weird dial pad..says "Enter name or number.

I wish I could go back to 4.4.2.:(

iBuzman

Mar 7, 2011
Melbourne
Sony Xperia XA2
I know this is an issues thread but have to say - I have no issues what so ever..

I did have "exchange services stopped" issues and sony email app issues that couldn't be solved by clearing cache/data.. but I fixed those (really well, I grabbed exchange bypass patched versions and now have full Hotmail email, contacts, calendar etc sync'ing)

y9y5u5un.jpg

sound is very good for me after previously having to hack away at xmls to get decent volume output.

all in all very happy with the update :) noticed slightly less free ram on 108 but at the risk of being flamed "unused ram is wasted ram" lol ;)

Last edited:

KalleEatingBrain

Feb 1, 2013
Bremen
Google Now

Until I got the update I was a avid user of Google Now, but after the update it says "Google Now is not available in your country". Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
I confirm the low speaker volume issue, I compared to another Z Ultra that is running 4.4.2 compared to my 4.4.4 and my volume was about 25% lower than the other phone :(

Any way to resolve this?

Top Liked Posts