[Q] Notifications wont show when screen off - B510

Search This thread

danny_zupa

May 31, 2011
Hi everyone

I just updated to KitKat B510, NEEurope version. The problem is, that whatever I receive, a whatapp message, an email, the notification wont pop-up (no sound, no nothing), until I unlock the phone.

I don't think it's a WiFi problem (or it might be, it is set to "always keep WiFi on"), because when I unlock the phone, the network is ok, everything is connected.

Please, an advice?

zordo

Dec 28, 2012
Had the same problem occuring sometimes. Mine had a log of lost network. I dont know if there is a fix. Try factory reset and if that wont help flash b510 again. If its still present, revert to b132.

Reactions: danny_zupa

danny_zupa

May 31, 2011
Thank you. I didn't see the network to drop, I think there is a problem with the sleeping setting.

I made some changes, I changed the profile to normal battery consumption, not smart or ultra battery.

The second was to uncheck WiFi optimization, in settings wifi-> options-> advanced.

Let's see how it goes from now on.

Jul 3, 2014
Thank you. I didn't see the network to drop, I think there is a problem with the sleeping setting.

I made some changes, I changed the profile to normal battery consumption, not smart or ultra battery.

The second was to uncheck WiFi optimization, in settings wifi-> options-> advanced.

Let's see how it goes from now on.

You did the right steps. It should be fine now.

danny_zupa

May 31, 2011
Thank you. It works, and not so much.

For instance, I have to open facebook after restart, so I can receive notifications (it is set to on at startup manager, it is set to run when screen is off etc.).

But the worst problem is that it doesn't reconnect automatically to known networks. For instance, I come home, my previous phone was reconnecting automatically to my home wifi network, but the P6 not.
I had to go to settings->wifi and then it reconnected (without doing anything more).

Any idea?

Jul 3, 2014
Thank you. It works, and not so much.

For instance, I have to open facebook after restart, so I can receive notifications (it is set to on at startup manager, it is set to run when screen is off etc.).

But the worst problem is that it doesn't reconnect automatically to known networks. For instance, I come home, my previous phone was reconnecting automatically to my home wifi network, but the P6 not.
I had to go to settings->wifi and then it reconnected (without doing anything more).

Any idea?

Yes. Restore to factory settings.

danny_zupa

May 31, 2011
Didn't work. I wiped everything and still it does the same.

Wi-Fi does not automatically connect to networks whose configurations were already saved. I have to take it to waranty, I don't know what to do more.

zordo

Dec 28, 2012
Does it work on b132? Mine did that sometimes too on b510. It didnt connect automatically. The avaivable network list came up and had to choose one manually. It remembered passwords.
Im not sure but I think that happened only when connecting to a different wifi than the one used before.

danny_zupa

May 31, 2011
I didn't use it that much on B132, I made the update as soon as I bought it.

It is normal not to connect to a new network, but it's not normal not to connect to a previous used network, known network, for instance at home.

Maybe I'll upgrade to 4.4.4, but I think it will do the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had the same problem occuring sometimes. Mine had a log of lost network. I dont know if there is a fix. Try factory reset and if that wont help flash b510 again. If its still present, revert to b132.