New firmware

Search This thread

pyro254750

May 17, 2009
I just got an Ota update. I537UCUCNH3. Can't find any info online about this firmware. Anybody have any info?

Attachments

• 1411661814338.jpg
    1411661814338.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,524

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
Do not take the ota. Im capturing it right now. Once ive inspected and cleaned the updater I will post it. As far as i know it's firmware update and some updated samsung features and apps. Just hang on.

Last edited:

pinyata

Feb 9, 2012
Do not take the ota. Im capturing it right now. Once ive inspected and cleaned the updater I will post it. As far as i know it's firmware update and some updated samsung features and apps. Just hang on.

EDIT... It tries to patch the stock recovery/knox system/selinux setup. Im going to remove them and see what happens. Ive already cleaned the ota and made it a zip.Will report back very soon.

interesting. i'll wait and see what happens. i'm most importantly just trying to make sure i don't lose root.

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
Ive gotten it install fine but I cant stop wifi from getting forked. Im going to have to dig around some more. This happened on the first KK update because of selinux. Same is happening here also.

Last edited:

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
Edit...Got it working perfect see post further down.

Last edited:

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
Yeah man do you want what I altered already, or the stock ota in zip form.

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
Get your upgrade here....

Here ya go OTA in original cfg. Adb push to cache/fota. Go to update and click continue. Reboot after you push, so it shows up in update section.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5FxQlt9ZPF6T3k2T2o5MGJxNUE/edit?usp=docslist_api

Cfg will wipe your data,most likely will kill root and prevent re-rooting.

Here is the ota in zip form 100% stock. I just made in zip form and removed the patch checks so you can flash in safestrap.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5FxQlt9ZPF6dThpek1sMHFidjA/view?usp=sharing

Flashable works fine allows you to keep root and safestrap. Here is what I did. Restore back to stock,wipe caches. Flash the zip. Mount system delete SU app from recovery file manager,leave the binary. Reboot. Check all is fine. Reboot back to recovery,flash su zip. This worked perfectly for me.

Last edited:

salwansk

Dec 4, 2012
Hey guys, just letting you know if you apply the stock cfg file manually, it will wipe your data. So backup before update... I just got screwed.!!!

pinyata

Feb 9, 2012

Here ya go OTA in original cfg. Adb push to cache/fota. Go to update and click continue. Reboot after you push, so it shows up in update section.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5FxQlt9ZPF6T3k2T2o5MGJxNUE/edit?usp=docslist_api

Here is the ota in zip form 100% stock. I just made in zip form and removed the patch checks so you can flash in safestrap.

Flashable works fine allows you to keep root and safestrap. Here is what I did. Restore back to stock,wipe caches. Flash the zip. Mount system delete SU app from recovery file manager,leave the binary. Reboot. Check all is fine. Reboot back to recovery,flash su zip. This worked perfectly for me.

sorry, could you be a little more specific with these? I'm still a little new. What did you do to restore back to stock? I've currently removed bloatware through titanium, so no longer have at&t software. also, i'm rooted. Am I correct in assuming this is the order?

1 - Restore to stock
2 - Wipe caches
3 - Flash the zip (The entire i537_Update.zip?)
4 - Mount system (Does this mean use the "Mount" feature in SafeStrap and navigate to the specific "System" folder?)
5 - Delete SU app from recovery file manager (completely lost as to how to do this. Is it the file manager in the "Advanced" section of SafeStrap? If so, is that only for files or can I uninstall apps?)
6 - Leave the binary (also not sure what to do here)
7 - Reboot
8 - Check everything is fine
9 - Reboot into recovery
10 - Flash su.zip (Where is this file located?)

Sorry to be a pain, just hoping to get my facts straight. Thanks.

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
sorry, could you be a little more specific with these? I'm still a little new. What did you do to restore back to stock? I've currently removed bloatware through titanium, so no longer have at&t software. also, i'm rooted. Am I correct in assuming this is the order?

1 - Restore to stock
2 - Wipe caches
3 - Flash the zip (The entire i537_Update.zip?)
4 - Mount system (Does this mean use the "Mount" feature in SafeStrap and navigate to the specific "System" folder?)
5 - Delete SU app from recovery file manager (completely lost as to how to do this. Is it the file manager in the "Advanced" section of SafeStrap? If so, is that only for files or can I uninstall apps?)
6 - Leave the binary (also not sure what to do here)
7 - Reboot
8 - Check everything is fine
9 - Reboot into recovery
10 - Flash su.zip (Where is this file located?)

Sorry to be a pain, just hoping to get my facts straight. Thanks.

No problem man you got it very close. Restore back to stock,needs to be 100% stock NE3,reboot to recovery,wipe caches,install zip.Do not reboot yet,in safestrap navigate to mount,click on system, then click advanced,click file manager,navigate to where su app is(most likely in system/app) just delete it.binary is in xbin so just dont worry about it but dont delete it.Reboot.Once you see the upgrade popup,reboot recovery flash su zip and your done.I could not strip out knox or disable selinux because it screwed up wifi. theres a de-knoxing zip somewhere on here just use that after your all booted up.

pinyata

Feb 9, 2012
No problem man you got it very close. Restore back to stock,needs to be 100% stock NE3,reboot to recovery,wipe caches,install zip.Do not reboot yet,in safestrap navigate to mount,click on system, then click advanced,click file manager,navigate to where su app is(most likely in system/app) just delete it.binary is in xbin so just dont worry about it but dont delete it.Reboot.Once you see the upgrade popup,reboot recovery flash su zip and your done.I could not strip out knox or disable selinux because it screwed up wifi. theres a de-knoxing zip somewhere on here just use that after your all booted up.

how do you restore to stock? odin flash the NE3 files? If so, doesn't that mean I lose root, and therefore SafeStrap?

Code4U

Aug 9, 2014
how do you restore to stock? odin flash the NE3 files? If so, doesn't that mean I lose root, and therefore SafeStrap?

Yes flash the odin files. Dont worry about losing root just use towelroot and install safestrap again. Then flash SuperSU zip and continue. If I could make it easier I would. I spent a few hours trying to avoid all this,but there was no way around it.

tet1

May 9, 2013
I'll stay on MF3 its not big changes... I'm waiting for kitkat 4.4.4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app

firefly2004

Nov 12, 2010
Root

So the only way to root is flashing an older kernel and root with towelroot and flash the newer kernel again?
That is at least what I see for other phones that have gotten updates that broke towelroot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Root for NH3 thanks to w0lfdroid

http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2014/09/To...4-S5-and-Note3-Android-4.4.2-NF-or-Later.html

I had NE3 with no root and it OTA to NH3.
    Flash Rootkernel and root with towelroot.
    Flash back NH3 kernel, still have root.
    Saved me from complete reflash and reinstalling everything.

Thank you w0lfdroid.
    I got the OTA notification and came here to see what the updates would be, and am not impressed enough to go through all of this to apply it... But I can't get the damn notification to clear off there from being postponed. How did you get that done? lol

I used Titanium Backup to freeze the "AT&T Software update" file/app - whatever it is. If anyone is doing anything different, I'd love to know that too!
    Is it best to let the phone OTA to NH3 first? (I have current root on NE3, towelroot, and can unfreeze the at&t updater "stuff")
    Install SafeStrap and flash the NH3 flashable zip.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I don't see an ODIN file for NH3 to do the Towelroot procedure only the entire .cfg file
    Anyone have a link?
    There is no Odin file, the links for everything you need are in the Firmware Thread.