TMO News Report: No ICS Upgrade until at least mid June

Search This thread

greatgoogly

Aug 28, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 6a
http://www.tmonews.com/2012/04/t-mo...-ice-cream-sandwich-upcoming-device-launches/

If the Sensation ICS update date of 6/16 is accurate this just shows what a clusterf*** T-Mobile USA and HTC both are. Another 2 months before ICS comes to the Sensation, to be honest at this point, I don't buy that date. I think it's just being leaked to try to shut up those of us Sensation owners who have been expecting it in the the near term. I have major doubts whether T-Mobile and HTC for whatever reasons, will release the update ever. Clearly the proper resources are not being committed to this project. Very disappointed.

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
The tmo sgs2 isn't getting it till mid May so a mid June date isn't too impossible. Such crap on tmo and HTCs part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Well I think this might have just ended me waiting. I will hold out a little while longer just to see but it is looking more and more like I ARHD is in my close future.

timboger

May 26, 2010
Ardmore, AL
flash arhd

Have been using it for awhile now and loving it. Rooting is easy, IF you take the time to read the instructions.
You will love it.

ori2

Sep 23, 2010
All the leaked and released ics i tried had a bluetoith problem when I switch from listen or music to phone and vice versa. Only the reason I stick to gingerbread is the bt problem. I expected the issue solved in tmo ics. Now I will give up ics at all or just flash the other ics release. There is no third option for now. :')

Anyone who doesn't have bt problem when switching other apps to phone on ics? If so which rom do you use? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

Sinistra425

Jan 1, 2012
Oh come on... Stop holding out and come to the dark side! Just think, if you flash it today you'll have about 1.5 months to test and see if you like it. :D
Yes join us then your transformation to the dark side will be complete. I have been using ARHD for a good few months. And havent gone back to stock sense. Once you flash you can't go back. So listen to your inner Darth and flash

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Yes join us then your transformation to the dark side will be complete. I have been using ARHD for a good few months. And havent gone back to stock sense. Once you flash you can't go back. So listen to your inner Darth and flash

I guess nobody has paid attention to my sig over the weekend. I switched over the day this thread got started. But I think I will run ARHD for a day or two more. But I am finding somethings in Sense 3.6 I don't like so I will be flashing a ASOP ROM soon.

Last edited:

Sinistra425

Jan 1, 2012
I guess nobody has paid attention to my sig over the weekend. I switched over the day this thread got started. But I think I will run ARHD for a day or two more. But I am finding somethings in Sense 3.6 I don't like so I will be flashing a ASOP ROM soon.

Your Sig dose not show on tapatalk or the XDA apps my apologies

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
All the leaked and released ics i tried had a bluetoith problem when I switch from listen or music to phone and vice versa. Only the reason I stick to gingerbread is the bt problem. I expected the issue solved in tmo ics. Now I will give up ics at all or just flash the other ics release. There is no third option for now. :')

Anyone who doesn't have bt problem when switching other apps to phone on ics? If so which rom do you use? Thanks in advance.

I thought bt problems were only with sense4.0 roms?

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
I just got this phone, and I'm torn as to whether it's worth it to flash now or just wait for the update. I had ICS on my 4g slide, and I'm sure it would make this phone rock, but I'm not sure there is a real reason to switch now instead of wait for a fully stable version

ori2

Sep 23, 2010
I thought bt problems were only with sense4.0 roms?

You can easily reproduce the bt problem with any sense 3.6 or 4.0, even with the htc release of ics without root or anything. If anyone is interested in the issue, try this to reproduce the issue. 1) open google listen with bluetooth on. 2) just play any items not downloaded (streaming it). 3) press home to go to home screen. 4) try calling anyone. 5) you can see a huge delay on calling or receiving, almost freeze. 6) if your calling was ok, then check whether the listen items continue to play after call.
In this process, I faced a lot of delays of switching listen to phone and vice versa. Force closes sometimes occurred. Force reset was occasionally needed for me to use the phone normally again. If you do not use bluetooth, it will be no problem at all. But if you use bt a lot like me, this issue is really annoying.
I wonder if it is only me to experience the issue with bluetooth and ics.

mrg02d

Jul 3, 2011
Tallahassee
Tmobile is going to make you guys wait until their new phones, packing ICS, have been out for awhile. Why spend money on a phone that is EOL? The new phones have very very little up on the sensation. To give the sensation ICS now would make it a huge competitor of their new phones.

Root and be done with it.

psycho1

Oct 14, 2010
escondido
And is only going to be 3.6. 4.0 for sensation isn't even mentioned.. energy Rom ics with faux latest kernal no bt problems other than you can't voice dial still.. faux has been working on the bt

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Snook321

Feb 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is why from now on, my device will be a Nexus device. Carrier branded devices are not the way to go. Its like your at the mercy of a carrier to release an update (See G2X). Look at Verizon Galaxy Nexus still stuck on 4.0.3 while the Unlocked GSM branded Galaxy Nexus's are up to date with 4.0.4. After this Sensation 4G, Im getting a Nexus...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why this mater ???? S-off and no need to wait I got ics 3.6 and 4.0 **** T-Mobile

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
    Thank God for custom roms :D
    I had been reading all the post by people saying that WiFi calling was not working for them. I have been using ARHD now for a little over four days. I get really bad signal at my home and rely on WiFi calling while I am there. To be honest with you it seems like my WiFi calling is working even better now. Use to people would constantly tell me they could barely hear me on voice calls and I would have to hang up and call them back, no matter if they had called me or if I had called them. I have not experienced that problem once sinse I flashed ARHD. My sms, mms, and voice calling has given me no problems on WiFi calling. Maybe I am just one of the lucky ones, I do not know. I just wanted to tell everyone my experience so far.
    Have you found anything, like certain apps or anything else, that doesn't seem to be working? I found a couple I use after using ARHD for GB that wasn't working...force close or just hangs.

Thanks!

No I have not found any apps on the ARHD ROM that don't work. But any app that you use on GB that does not work on ICS is more than like because the app has not been updated to work on ICS yet. I suggest you contact the app developer and ask if they are going to update it, or offer to help them update it if you are skilled enough to do it.

I have found one thing I know is s bug. When using predictive text with the default keyboard in landscape view. The predicted words do not appear at the top of the keyboard. They appear across the middle of the keyboard making it impossible to type. But it is fixed easily, I just unchecked predictive text by going to Settings/Language & keyboard, Touch input settings, Text input, and unchecking the box for Predictive.

I have found somethings that I consider as HTC taking a step backwards with HTC Sense as some of the features I liked in Sense 3.0 is not in Sense 3.6. With the default internet browser it does not keep up with the your most visited sites, and pop them up when you touch on the URL box. You can not just long press on the URL box and a copy option pop up, you have to touch the URL box and release it then long press the URL box to get a copy option to pop up.

When I am typing with the the cursor just randomly jumps back up into text that I have already typed and I do not know it right away. This makes me have to correct what I am typing. And this makes the problem of the place where I touch the cursor to go not being where it is deleting text. I is like it is deleting 4 or 5 characters ahead of where I touch. This is a very aggravating bug to me as I use my device to type on a lot.