[Q] using AT&T provided unlock code...

Search This thread
After fighting with AT&T on the phone for almost a month due to (in my opinion) unfair policy changes, I got them to provide me with unlock codes for my and my wife's phones. I want to make use of them asap and put this matter to rest. Unfortunately, the AT&T instructions say to use the codes i have to insert a non-AT&T sim card to force the phone to prompt me for code entry. At this time I do not have a non-AT&T sim. Is there any way to get to the unlock pin screen without having a "foreign" sim card on hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ends

Oct 24, 2011
South Boston, VA
You'll need a foreign gsm SIM card. And your bootloader stays locked. One has nothing to do with the other

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

travispittman

Jan 13, 2013
Wichita
One downside to that is if you mess up, good luck fixing it.

Research it. Then research it some more. Research it until you are comfortable doing it yourself. Don't let someone bully and say you might mess up your phone. You could mess up your phone by dropping it in your sink among other things. But doing this is quite simple. Follow the steps here is even a youtube video to do it. If you have any questions ask away. Some ppl are jerks and say it was answered somewhere else you should of found it elsewhere. When all posts inevitably get buried under mounds and mounds of new posts. Remember you only fail if you stop trying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TCl9ysOoT4

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Research it. Then research it some more. Research it until you are comfortable doing it yourself. Don't let someone bully and say you might mess up your phone. You could mess up your phone by dropping it in your sink among other things. But doing this is quite simple. Follow the steps here is even a youtube video to do it. If you have any questions ask away. Some ppl are jerks and say it was answered somewhere else you should of found it elsewhere. When all posts inevitably get buried under mounds and mounds of new posts. Remember you only fail if you stop trying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TCl9ysOoT4

And this guy ^^^ isn't going to fix your phone for you if it does screw up. The "free" unlock method works for some and does not for others. I completely agree with the research until your eyes fall out part, but, in this, case, it still might not help you. So, basically, if you try the "free' unlock method it might work, it might not, and it might mess your phone up. Unfortunately, you won't know until you try. I would just go to your local mall or T-mobile store and get a cheap pre-paid sim card that you can use in your and your wife's phone. Don't listen to people that think something will work for everyone just because it worked for them, especially when it is proven to not be the case. Good luck.

tx6shooter

Nov 11, 2013
After fighting with AT&T on the phone for almost a month due to (in my opinion) unfair policy changes, I got them to provide me with unlock codes for my and my wife's phones. I want to make use of them asap and put this matter to rest. Unfortunately, the AT&T instructions say to use the codes i have to insert a non-AT&T sim card to force the phone to prompt me for code entry. At this time I do not have a non-AT&T sim. Is there any way to get to the unlock pin screen without having a "foreign" sim card on hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Would you mind sharing how you got them to unlock your phone, I have been trying for a while now without any success.

mobileunlocked

May 19, 2010
Usually no prompt means the phone isn't actually locked. There's a ton of instances when a network simply missed a handset and failed to lock it. For anyone I'd say test your phone first. Make sure it is locked before going through the process of unlocking it.

Also, this works on a number of older Samsung's, not too sure if it'll work on newer models, but you can type a command that targets the network lock, which is #0111*code# - you simply replace "code" with the code AT&T or anyone else gives you and it should unlock the phone. Someone might be able to confirm this as possible or not for the newer Samsung's?

IceTwig

Jun 8, 2013
Anaheim CA
I have a AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 on MF3 and Region Lock Away unlocked the Region & SIM. I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM. The OP of Region Lock DOES NOT CLAIM it will work with the SGH-i337 but I have unlocked a S3(SGH-i747) a S4(SGH-i337) and a Galaxy TAB 2 (SGH-i497) it was worth the few bucks.

Region Lock Away

ximaginex

Nov 16, 2013
I have a AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 on MF3 and Region Lock Away unlocked the Region & SIM. I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM. The OP of Region Lock DOES NOT CLAIM it will work with the SGH-i337 but I have unlocked a S3(SGH-i747) a S4(SGH-i337) and a Galaxy TAB 2 (SGH-i497) it was worth the few bucks.

I can also verify that this works with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 on MF3.