[Q] Note 3: Flash Panic

Search This thread

Flumpy

Mar 29, 2011
Hi, I hope someone here has the know-how to help me out of the mess I've made for myself.

Okay, here's what I did:

1.) Accepted the KitKat upgrade.
2.) Ran qbking's autoroot thing. (It worked, thanks.)
3.) Flashed TWRP (I forget which version)
4.) Flashed Sac23's rom.

After the rom flash I was trapped in the 'boot-loop of death' where all powering my pone on
achieved was getting the "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" splash page & then rebooting, endlessly.

In a panic I flashed the "NAB Engineering bootloader tar file" I grabbed off ofhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51165389 .

Now every time I power on I get the "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" splash page (again) a forced reboot and now get the message;

"Kernel Panic!

wait...
Done!
UDC START

KERNEL PANIC
UPLOAD MODE"

At which point it just plain freezes.

Is there anyone out there who tell me how (or IF it's even possible now) I can just get back to stock??

ANY help/opinion/advice would be seriously appreciated.

Reactions: martim0t0

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Hi, I hope someone here has the know-how to help me out of the mess I've made for myself.

Okay, here's what I did:

4.) Flashed Sac23's rom.

After the rom flash I was trapped in the 'boot-loop of death' where all powering my pone on
achieved was getting the "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" splash page & then rebooting, endlessly.

In a panic I flashed the "NAB Engineering bootloader tar file" I grabbed off ofhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51165389 .

Now every time I power on I get the "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" splash page (again) a forced reboot and now get the message;

"Kernel Panic!

wait...
Done!
UDC START

KERNEL PANIC
UPLOAD MODE"

Is there anyone out there who tell me how (or IF it's even possible now) I can just get back to stock??

You should check sacs rom for instructions on this issue, as the engineering bootloader isn't a fallback option to correct your inability to boot.

Please indicate the version of TWRP you're using, as knowing that will help. There's a chance that you are on the wrong version of TWRP, which could solve your issue.
You can always reflash stock NAB, flash TWRP, then the rom, which is pre-rooted.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Tw1sted247

Nov 10, 2012
NorthWest
I've been in a similar situation. Pull the battery on the Galaxy Note 3 page. Then hold the necessary buttons to get into recovery before putting the battery back in. Keep them held while putting the battery in. If that doesn't help break the cycle then do the same thing (battery pull and hold necessary buttons down for Odin mode/download mode and keep them down while placing battery back in) till it hits the correct screen. Then reboot to recovery from there.:eek:

Flumpy

Mar 29, 2011
@micmars: Tnx for the speedy reply (guess all that ostuff I've seen people writing about you here @ XDA are true, you really ARE a benignly omnipotent kinda dood. :) )

I ended up flashing the stock NAB firmware (with TWRP 2.7.0.0). It was nice not being mocked by the 'Boot-Loop of Doom'. [for a heartbeat @ least. =\ =D ]

BUT THEN

I started the root process thing again;

1.) Ran "CF-Auto-Root..." (sorry for my earlier snafu [see first post] Chainfire/QbKing77.)
2.) Flashed TWRP 2.7.0
3.) And then reflashed sac23's rom.

& I'll be uh, darned, if it didn't launch back into the same *#&$! boot-loop again. (Just to be certain I was getting a good d/l, I RE-downloaded it to both my phone AND computer this time.) And still kept getting stuck in the same "Samsung Gal..." splash screen loop. =\

For grins & giggles I downloaded a different ROM (Toxic Swamp v1.0.2), ran through the root process, all was good until I flashed the rom and the SAME bootloop started up again.

Can anyone please tell me if I'm doing something screwy in my process or if maybe I pissed of a diety somewhere or something?

ANY advice/comment/good guess would be greatly appreciated.

Always remember, ->Pobody's nerfect.<-

Sent from my Sprint-flavored SM-900P (using the XDA app.)

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Make sure your flashing roms that are 4.4.2 you can't use 4.3 roms toxic Swamp 1.0.3 is 4.3 .... There is no going back to 4.3 now

Flumpy

Mar 29, 2011
Oh, and Tw1sted247, I tried the technique you mentioned (appreciate it) but it's not that I can't get into either Odin/recovery, it's that anytime I try to start my phone with anything other than stock it immediately starts in w/the merry-go-round from hell (boot-loop) thang.

->Pobody's nerfect.<-

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
OK, I'm Confused...

Oh, and Tw1sted247, I tried the technique you mentioned (appreciate it) but it's not that I can't get into either Odin/recovery, it's that anytime I try to start my phone with anything other than stock it immediately starts in w/the merry-go-round from hell (boot-loop) thang.

->Pobody's nerfect.<-

OK, I'm confused..which is my favorite stage of enlightenment, so thank you.

So, as has been asked by others, why would you flash a TouchWiz Jellybean 4.3 ROM (Toxic Swamp) built on MJ4 onto a TouchWiz KitKat rom built on NAB(D)? You really shouldn't do that, as it is inviting trouble across the phone's OS.

I would kindly ask that you boot your phone and show us the "About Device" page (not the one that has all of your personal info, as no one needs to see your MEID, &c). That will give us a start.

You may be looking at a complete overhaul of your device.

Be thankful that your phone booted up, and then ONLY flash the original NAB(D) tar or One-Click, then TWRP from PC Odin, and then inject root from recovery, using the latest Chainfire Superuser zip found here.

After that, we can block and tackle where you wish to arrive.

Flumpy

Mar 29, 2011
Okay, here's the requested screenshot:
uploadfromtaptalk1395606502652.jpg

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay

I'm usually loathe to recommend a rom, but to recommend stock DeOdex or Odex, seems harmless enough, and it'll give us a clean slate. Looks like your completely stock.

We're going to take this on two phases, first to get you just recovery and root, then onto one of the stockish roms. It's weird, but so is your situation.

So, grab one of the two stockish NABD (we'll skip the NAB group), put it on your internal memory, but plan to use it later.

TWRP below,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptl8dyomprxxn0l/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-hltespr-4.4.img.tar

We'll get you no ads and some mods if you want, but for now, let's get you flashing something.

Superuser (goes on your phone, try internal storage),

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbtuggkhqknm2ik/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip

1. Flash recovery above from PC Odin, version 3.07 below,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2n10tjzmxlhaz4/Odin3 v3.07.zip

Power down phone completely, take off any case, install Odin, leave auto restart checked (why not?), hold power + volume down + home to go into download mode, hit volume up to confirm, then, have your fingers at the ready, you'll be holding home + volume up simultaneously, very soon, load the tar I gave into the PDA slot, once Odin confirms it's ready, click start on the computer, have your fingers ready, once it flashes and starts to power cycle, hit those two keys, and you're in recovery...

2. In recovery, flash the superuser zip I gave you, reboot...

Now stay on this awhile before proceeding to the stockish rom.

Please quote me when responding.

Good luck!

Reactions: martim0t0

Flumpy

Mar 29, 2011
D'oh!

First of all I'd like to thank micmars et al. for lending your knowlege, expertise and namely, PATIENCE as I floundered through a SIMPLE root/flash.

Just to give ya'll the skinny, i FinAllY did manage to install both TWRP 2.7 and Sac23's kk rom onto my Sprint Note 3.

-> To be honest, I'm nearly beyond belief happy/surprised that I didn't manage to kill the $#%@ thing! =] <-

I'm usually loathe to recommend a rom, but to recommend stock DeOdex or Odex, seems harmless enough, and it'll give us a clean slate. Looks like your completely stock.

We're going to take this on two phases, first to get you just recovery and root, then onto one of the stockish roms. It's weird, but so is your situation.

So, grab one of the two stockish NABD (we'll skip the NAB group), put it on your internal memory, but plan to use it later.

TWRP below,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptl8dyomprxxn0l/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-hltespr-4.4.img.tar

We'll get you no ads and some mods if you want, but for now, let's get you flashing something.

Power down phone completely, take off any case, install Odin, leave auto restart checked (why not?), hold power + volume down + home to go into download mode, hit volume up to confirm, then, have your fingers at the ready, you'll be holding home + volume up simultaneously, very soon, load the tar I gave into the PDA slot, once Odin confirms it's ready, click start on the computer, have your fingers ready, once it flashes and starts to power cycle, hit those two keys, and you're in recovery...

Good luck!

Reactions: micmars

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
First of all I'd like to thank micmars et al. for lending your knowlege, expertise and namely, PATIENCE as I floundered through a SIMPLE root/flash.

Just to give ya'll the skinny, i FinAllY did manage to install both TWRP 2.7 and Sac23's kk rom onto my Sprint Note 3.

-> To be honest, I'm nearly beyond belief happy/surprised that I didn't manage to kill the $#%@ thing! =] <-

You'll likely come to find over time that these devices are pretty much able to withstand almost anything you can throw at them.

You can brick for good if you do something insane like flash a bootloader from the wrong device or build, but that aside, you can create quite the bit of turmoil for yourself.

Either way, terrific news.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Okay, here's what I did:

4.) Flashed Sac23's rom.

"Kernel Panic!

wait...
    Done!
    UDC START

KERNEL PANIC
    UPLOAD MODE"

TWRP below,

Good luck!

D'oh!

TWRP below,

Good luck!