Sounds like a loose part inside?

Search This thread

JGillis2391

Dec 7, 2010
Fort Myers
Whenever I hold my phone upright and tap toward the top of the screen (even very lightly), the phone makes a weird clicking sound coming from inside. It sounds to me like the small vibrating spinning part that makes the phone vibrate. I don't know if it's just my model of the device of if this is normal but it's very annoying and noticeable. Also, if I shake the phone even a little I can hear the clicky sound. Not sure if I should take it back and replace it but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem first?

Last edited:

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
I have this. Just notice it now. Can hear it from shaking the top of the phone back and forth

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
Honestly guys, this sound has always been in HTC and Samsung devices that I've had, and to be honest I didn't hear it in my S4,ehich was Prolly the first device in a while where I wouldn't hear a rattle. Someone mentioned a long time ago that's its the part for the vibration/haptic but I don't see how that could be. But yes, I hear it too, and have no clue what the hell it is lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: sleshepic

JGillis2391

Dec 7, 2010
Fort Myers
Well that is disappointing. Guess I'm going to have to try and get used to it. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
How is this dissapointing? I never even noticed this till I came across this thread

How much could you possibly be shaking your phone for this to be a problem?

JGillis2391

Dec 7, 2010
Fort Myers
How is this dissapointing? I never even noticed this till I came across this thread

How much could you possibly be shaking your phone for this to be a problem?

Like I said, any time I even lightly tap the top area of the phone it makes that sound. I wouldn't mind personally if it's just when I shake the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ya mine has it too

Honestly guys, this sound has always been in HTC and Samsung devices that I've had, and to be honest I didn't hear it in my S4,ehich was Prolly the first device in a while where I wouldn't hear a rattle. Someone mentioned a long time ago that's its the part for the vibration/haptic but I don't see how that could be. But yes, I hear it too, and have no clue what the hell it is lol