Gear live dead on arrival?

Search This thread

markyboy81

Aug 19, 2013
I bought a gear live from eBay and it arrived today. It was classed as 'as new' although the box was unsealed.
I tried switching it on straight away but it was completely dead. Tried charging it with included charger but nothing happened even after an hour. Tried my note 3 charger with the cradle and still nothing. Is there anything else I can try or do I just accept this thing is dead send it back?
There are no signs of damage and it looks completely new.

mike infinity

Nov 14, 2008
My first gear live worked for 2 minutes...then was bricked for no reason...no charging...nothing. my second one worked for 5 hours. I charged it overnight then the next morning the display was messed up...only displaying every other scan line and making text illegible. Hard reset plus long period of rest did not fix it. Both went back. My third arrives next week. I am assuming flukes since few others are reporting such problems.

markyboy81

Aug 19, 2013
My first gear live worked for 2 minutes...then was bricked for no reason...no charging...nothing. my second one worked for 5 hours. I charged it overnight then the next morning the display was messed up...only displaying every other scan line and making text illegible. Hard reset plus long period of rest did not fix it. Both went back. My third arrives next week. I am assuming flukes since few others are reporting such problems.
That doesn't sound good at all. Shame really as I prefer the Gear live over the lg watch but I'm not really prepared to pay £170 at the moment. got an lg watch yesterday and I'm quite pleased with it so just hoping the guy I bought the Gear live off does the right thing on ebay!