Making the change to KK!

Search This thread

clickstop

Jan 19, 2013
Hello everyone!

Haven't been on these boards for a while, but I thought it was time that I update my trusty razr to Kitkat. I'm very much a noob when it comes to these things, so I just wanted to make sure I had the process right and run it by the experts here, and hopefully clear things up for other people in my situation. Here goes!

*As of right now I'm on KREAT0R'S KTR-ROM, with CWM as my recovery*

1. Download retail Brasil stock rom
2. Flash stock rom over KTR through RSD Lite
3. Install TWRP over CWM through Flashify app
4. Restore the backup created by ManoBros on this thread: http://xdaforums.com/razr-i/development/kitkat-motorola-razr-debloated-4-4-2-rom-t2941026
5. Success?

So, would this process work? Again, total noob here so please feel free to correct anything I *hypothetically* did wrong or missed. Thanks in advance everyone!

ManoBros

Oct 28, 2014
Jiquilpan
manobros.com
Hello everyone!

Haven't been on these boards for a while, but I thought it was time that I update my trusty razr to Kitkat. I'm very much a noob when it comes to these things, so I just wanted to make sure I had the process right and run it by the experts here, and hopefully clear things up for other people in my situation. Here goes!

*As of right now I'm on KREAT0R'S KTR-ROM, with CWM as my recovery*

1. Download retail Brasil stock rom
2. Flash stock rom over KTR through RSD Lite
3. Install TWRP over CWM through Flashify app
4. Restore the backup created by ManoBros on this thread: http://xdaforums.com/razr-i/development/kitkat-motorola-razr-debloated-4-4-2-rom-t2941026
5. Success?

So, would this process work? Again, total noob here so please feel free to correct anything I *hypothetically* did wrong or missed. Thanks in advance everyone!

as you are in a unlocked bootloader and custom recovery
you only need install TWRP, ( i always install in FASTBOOT mode, ) is some like:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRPrecovery.img

make a bakup of you data
and restore the KK backup.

:)

Last edited:

clickstop

Jan 19, 2013
Wow there's no way it's that easy! I was thinking that I'd need to flash stock Brasil first, since my Jb version is based on EU. Would I still need to flash the stock Brasil or just go straight to restoring the KK backup?

Many thanks for your thread by the way ManoBros, been waiting for KK update page w/ instructions!

clickstop

Jan 19, 2013
Okay! Just tried flashing Kitkat, and I can confirm everything works! Much easier than I expected, especially with the Flashify app. Many thanks!