3% battery drain

Search This thread

abhi29021992

Feb 13, 2011
Delhi
I just checked my note drains battery @3% per 5 hour. is it normal.?
i just locked my device n when i checked it was 3% down.. n in cpyspy it says phone was in deep sleep mode all the time.

abhi29021992

Feb 13, 2011
Delhi
dont know i read somewhere in note forum someone was getting 1% for 8hours. thats why i was asking.
BTW i am on rocket rom v22.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
So you thinking your note should last 2 weeks without charging?

3% per 5 hour is super

1% per 8hours sounds unbelievable to me, unless you keep your phone off

MrKrahoz

Feb 15, 2012
Cheras
Its normal bro. Don't worry, it would not drain your battery that really much in a day. I'm surfing the webs a lot in a day and my batt still not giving up to be drained out to zero :)

Sent from my GT-N7000

georgios73

Jan 13, 2012
So you thinking your note should last 2 weeks without charging?

3% per 5 hour is super

1% per 8hours sounds unbelievable to me, unless you keep your phone off

It sounded unbelievable to me too...until last night that is. It was at 100% just before I went to bed and dropped 1% in over 8 hours. Thats 34 days on standby!!
d507b826-a4cb-b0c3.jpg

sent from my galaxy note using tapatalk

UncleManuel

Mar 1, 2010
Bamberg
If you want to know it exactly, what's going on with your battery: Go to Market and install "Battery Monitor Widget" from 3C. This is a widget which shows every 60 seconds the actual drain. But more importently is the logging-function, called "history". I set mine to update every 60 seconds to get a good idea which thing consums what... ;)

F.e. I got my Note yesterday and put it in flight mode over night. This morning I looked at the history and got a stable 7mA drain - not bad for a 1,4GHz DualCore... :cool:

For changing the update-rate of history:
-tab widget
-left sensor --> settings
-history
-update rate history --> 60 seconds
(I don't know the exact names cause I have the german version)

indie

Aug 22, 2006
Middlesex
Sounds about right. Mine dropped 3% in 6 hours or so.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

willstay

May 7, 2011
I consistently get 1% down throught the night which is like 7 hours. During this time, Cellular data is off, wifi is off, AGPS is off. And after Note has been up for few days, sometimes it will get down by 10% through night due to rouse battery hungry app stuck in memory. Memory clear helps and it is back to regular next night and sometimes I have to reboot. The longest I can go without reboot is like 10 days by then something real battery hungry app is stuck somewhere.

Now I am using app called Tasker which is set to speak battery percentage for every change in unit, I get 3% down through night.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
ok, if you have your radio turned off, and wifi turned off, and screen turned off, your note can last a couple/few days on standy

I misread, i thought the OP was actually USING his phone and the % only dropped like 1% in 8 hours or 3% in 5 hours which of course would be SUPER

but for me even when im sleep i leave wifi on
i could save more juice by not having the wifi on yeah sure

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
I have my phone drop into 'phone only' mode at 20% battery. From that point, the amount of battery use is negligible. I believe all the hype about 'standby time' now. I think it could last a week at least like that from a full charge.

The fact is it is good at conserving battery until you use the other features. Then it drains like crazy in comparison.

So to get great battery life:

Turn off WiFi
Turn off mobile data
Turn off auto-sync
Turn screen to 1% (I find 0% turns the screen off!)
Turn off GPS
Turn off bluetooth
Kill all unused apps & services
Turn the screen off.

Or, you could buy a 'dumb' phone, of course! That is effectively what you are doing by this.

willstay

May 7, 2011
Unlike Symbian where app is authorized to initiate said connection (wifi/cellular), it was possible to keep apps like email/fbook poll every 10/15 minutes. In Android, the design is such that apps don't initiate connection.

So during weekend days when email is not utmost important, I use Tasker to turn wifi/cellular/sync on every 15 minutes for short interval of time. This saves a lot of battery drain. But obviously suitable when you do not need to be on the edge of info highway.

UncleManuel

Mar 1, 2010
Bamberg
Morning! :cool:

Second start of the day: 4mA drain in flightmode, 56mA on standby with WiFi on.

And after a full day of playing arround (no games) and getting used to the Note yesterday the battery was still at 50%... :D :cool:

Ah yeah, some more values:
Bluetooth on, doing nothing: 51mA (so it adds nothing more to the standard standby drain)
Bluetooth + Headset, doing nothing: 102mA

purple zebra

Sep 5, 2010
I have my phone drop into 'phone only' mode at 20% battery. From that point, the amount of battery use is negligible. I believe all the hype about 'standby time' now. I think it could last a week at least like that from a full charge.

The fact is it is good at conserving battery until you use the other features. Then it drains like crazy in comparison.

So to get great battery life:

Turn off WiFi
Turn off mobile data
Turn off auto-sync
Turn screen to 1% (I find 0% turns the screen off!)
Turn off GPS
Turn off bluetooth
Kill all unused apps & services
Turn the screen off.

Or, you could buy a 'dumb' phone, of course! That is effectively what you are doing by this.

I'm certain the Note could do a week on standby.

Doing the things you mention above, I once managed to get my Dell Streak to last for 5 days after I left my charger at my girlfriend's house. The battery was already down to 50% when I left her house, so it lasted 5 days on half a battery!

I think the battery life on my Note is about 25% better than my Streak, so it could easily do a week...

You know, if you wanted it to :p I can't think of any reason you would want it to, other than being without a charger like I was.