[APP]New Beta (02/8/2012) Dolphin Engine

Search This thread

rafa6571

Nov 19, 2010
What is Dolphin Engine in Beta?

Dolphin Engine (in Beta) is an improved webkit version with extensive canvas enhancement and behind-the-scenes technology that makes it the highest performing HTML5 browser available today.

What does highest performing mean?

Dolphin has placed particular attention to canvas element, 2D context and text rendering. In addition, Dolphin Engine made significant GPU technology improvements around GPU accelerated canvas rendering and optimized CPU / GPU parallel computing.

How fast? Dolphin Engine’s HTML-5 Rendering is:

5-10X faster than the default Android browser
100% faster than Chrome (at times)
Scored over a 450 when tested on HTML5test.com. (HTML5test.com is an a respected tool for testing a browser’s support of HTML5)
Try it out our latest version of Dolphin Engine, the behind-the scenes technology that makes this Dolphin Browser the highest performing HTML5 browser.

Download: http://goo.gl/YyxSH
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1VHJ4Wx-HvEb2VTT0pkWHFFVGM

Includes:

Android 4.1 support
Faster page Loading and response speed
Stability and improvements for Android 2.3+
Improved Flash support
Improved HTML5 canvas support
Various stability and performance improvement

Last edited:

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
Wow, this apk is pretty legit. I can browse desktop sites on my phone with little problems whereas before on previous browsers (stock, opera, chrome): the page would have problems rendering partial frames. I'm on AOKP mtdvibrant.

nazfalas

Mar 23, 2010
Very nice! Loading of pages is the fastest I have seen, yet.

Page scrolling on my Nexus One (CM7 Nightly) is still ways behind Opera Mini, but that is not a full-fledged browser so a comparison would not be fair.
Opera Mobile has about the same scrolling smoothness as Dolphin HD so that's that, but stock browser is smooth as a baby's butt for me...would love that for Dolphin as well.

CADude

Nov 29, 2011
Ok this just became my default browser. Nothing tops this. Not even the Linaro Firefox nightlies.

Enterprise-D

Dec 20, 2010
Paris
Seems very buggy on my DHD, html5 doesn't work, images aren't displayed (I get a blue square), it crash on html5test.com:mad:

DnaPolymerase

Sep 17, 2011
Is this related to the same company who runs dolphin browser? If yes I don't want anything to do with it.

Static-Noise

Jun 21, 2011
Installed it on my Sony Xperia S. It froze on first use and I had to reboot the phone. Tried it a second time and it froze again.

I think I'll stick to the original stable version.

Is this related to the same company who runs dolphin browser? If yes I don't want anything to do with it.

And why is that?

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Redmi Note 9
because of the rush (i was late) i forgot my phone at home.

can someone tell me their html5 score on dolphin hd 8.2.2 please?
i remebre i tried it before and it was great even before the beta

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Randomly freezes loading sites for me.. I certainly don't have to reboot my phone, about 15-20 seconds later Android offers the FC/Wait dialog.. Tried it 4-5 times, sometimes it loads a few pages, other times it freezes first try.

Stock rooted Gingerbread on Galaxy Note i717.

As for the Dolphin paranoia... Ignore it. Rumor turned into fact after going around the blogs/forums a few times, you know how that goes. Was related to their "Magazine" function, which IMO useless, but wasn't any cause to freak out about. Just something about their permissions as I recall; all long fixed.

warrenis1234

May 21, 2008
Brooklyn
Randomly freezes loading sites for me.. I certainly don't have to reboot my phone, about 15-20 seconds later Android offers the FC/Wait dialog.. Tried it 4-5 times, sometimes it loads a few pages, other times it freezes first try.

same here. although I've never been a fan, and I love my stock, and Chrome, I set it as default just to really give it a chance with everyone calling it the best browser ever..... fast, but not fast enough to accept freezing. uninstalled

also, am I the only one who thinks it just doesn't look good?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mega_bite

Apr 3, 2007
I've been using the old dolphin for ages and love it.

The add ons make it really custom to me, Default browser.

Can't waittotry the new one.
Just hope it can use thr same add ons.

Fun With Drugs

Nov 24, 2010
I really can't tell a difference between this and the Dolphin HD I already use, except this beta makes all the text on the page blurry when I scroll.
What's supposed to be special about this one?

xstokerx

Jan 26, 2012
winnipeg
Google Pixel 5
Love dolphin HD and this beta runs nice on my optimus 3d scored 435 plus 3 bonus on html5 rodent quiet run as smooth as HD but hey its a beta can't wait for full version

robertsu

Apr 2, 2005
test it on my defy.
through i donot like dolphin at all.

Official browser should be best, but google doesn`t care, at least there are ppl who actually make this android working...
Google should get rid of their ANCIENT compiler they using to make android. Android will be ~100% faster than we have today if they use new compilers, and they probably asking why there is so many customs ROM out there...

edit: Browser working nice on HTC Desire, far from Opera Mini but better than stock on big pages. Ok, it`s still beta.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is Dolphin Engine in Beta?

Dolphin Engine (in Beta) is an improved webkit version with extensive canvas enhancement and behind-the-scenes technology that makes it the highest performing HTML5 browser available today.

What does highest performing mean?

Dolphin has placed particular attention to canvas element, 2D context and text rendering. In addition, Dolphin Engine made significant GPU technology improvements around GPU accelerated canvas rendering and optimized CPU / GPU parallel computing.

How fast? Dolphin Engine’s HTML-5 Rendering is:

5-10X faster than the default Android browser
    100% faster than Chrome (at times)
    Scored over a 450 when tested on HTML5test.com. (HTML5test.com is an a respected tool for testing a browser’s support of HTML5)
    Try it out our latest version of Dolphin Engine, the behind-the scenes technology that makes this Dolphin Browser the highest performing HTML5 browser.

Download: http://goo.gl/YyxSH
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1VHJ4Wx-HvEb2VTT0pkWHFFVGM

Includes:

Android 4.1 support
    Faster page Loading and response speed
    Stability and improvements for Android 2.3+
    Improved Flash support
    Improved HTML5 canvas support
    Various stability and performance improvement
    I did a quick article on the new beta. Would love for people to check it out.

http://geekshavelanded.com/dolphin-engine-beta-fastest-html-5-browser-android/
    Where is this app available. Pls give the link

please buy glasses

anyhow.. it's fast but i got 2 FC today :(

i sent te report to the devs