[Q] Skyrocket doesn't recognize an update?

Search This thread

obladiaba

Apr 18, 2014
Okay, I can't find anything about this anywhere, so maybe you guys can help. I have an Skyrocket I am using since my Lumia 1020 bit the dust. It's on android 4.0.3. I have tried OTA and KIES. Neither even recognize the 4.0.4 update, much less the JB update. I have wiped it several times, tried other cables, everything. And for some reason, the download mode drivers won't install on my computer. I just want JB, and I can't even manually update it using the stock firmware. I've tried the "dead usb ports fix" posted in the Ultimate newb guide, and I've just hit my wits end. I can't figure out what happened, or if it will ever be updatable. Someone please help me.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Okay, I can't find anything about this anywhere, so maybe you guys can help. I have an Skyrocket I am using since my Lumia 1020 bit the dust. It's on android 4.0.3. I have tried OTA and KIES. Neither even recognize the 4.0.4 update, much less the JB update. I have wiped it several times, tried other cables, everything. And for some reason, the download mode drivers won't install on my computer. I just want JB, and I can't even manually update it using the stock firmware. I've tried the "dead usb ports fix" posted in the Ultimate newb guide, and I've just hit my wits end. I can't figure out what happened, or if it will ever be updatable. Someone please help me.

Use Odin, see vincoms sticky in the development forum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727