Help with return - defective unit

Search This thread

vimto25

Jan 1, 2009
Burton-On-Trent,UK
Hi I have a problem with my HTC one m8 the top speaker crackles during loudspeaker calls ect.. I purchased the phone from a private seller. I have there paperwork that come with it as it was there upgrade. How do I get to return this unit for a replacement? Thank you

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Hi I have a problem with my HTC one m8 the top speaker crackles during loudspeaker calls ect.. I purchased the phone from a private seller. I have there paperwork that come with it as it was there upgrade. How do I get to return this unit for a replacement? Thank you

You'd have to send it back to HTC but it probably won't be in warranty as it's second hand (warranties aren't usually transferable)

tomqman

May 5, 2010
Ryde
You'd have to send it back to HTC but it probably won't be in warranty as it's second hand (warranties aren't usually transferable)
its only a few providers that are like, htc use serials on the handset so it doesnt matter who or where the phone has come from. (unless its change from the one x days)

contact them on the link below (live chat) and they will be able to tell you what you need to and if your phone is covered
http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/chat/

vimto25

Jan 1, 2009
Burton-On-Trent,UK
I have contacted them and they are asking me to factory reset my device. I don't see how that would do oat even tho I find it strange it don't crackle during music playback but does if I use loudspeaker during calls or ventroid (chat client). This did say this tho:
Since HTC is the manufacturer and not the retailer which carries the purchases we will only be able to repair the device, we will not be able to replace the unit as only the retailer who received the money from you and signed the purchase is able to do this.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I have contacted them and they are asking me to factory reset my device. I don't see how that would do oat even tho I find it strange it don't crackle during music playback but does if I use loudspeaker during calls or ventroid (chat client). This did say this tho:
Since HTC is the manufacturer and not the retailer which carries the purchases we will only be able to repair the device, we will not be able to replace the unit as only the retailer who received the money from you and signed the purchase is able to do this.

That's rubbish! I work for a sat nav company and if we can't repair a device under warranty we replace it, regardless of where it was bought (although warranty is non-transferable so second hand units would require payment for a repair)

Last edited:

vimto25

Jan 1, 2009
Burton-On-Trent,UK
Yeah terrible aye :/ I would expect a replacement tbh. I haven't mentioned to them yes regarding transferring the warrenty to me cus I read somewhere on HTC that u just need proof of purchase of which I have got from the private seller

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
All you can do is contact HTC and see what they say. Their repair service is very good from previous experience

tomqman

May 5, 2010
Ryde

to be honest i wouldn't always believe the agents that you speak to. as they told me i would have to pay to repair my one x, because i unlocked the bootloader. and they would not replace the handset because they only do repairs. a few days later i had a unable to repair message and a replacement hanset was shipped out to me free off charge.

i don't know how global companys can treat there customers like this with little to no respect and no clear answers . but the repair team are very good. and remember to take some good quality shots of the phone before you send it encase they damage it.

Last edited: