[Q] Soft Brick - ADB Push/Sideload; ROM is "corrupt"

Search This thread

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Downloading now. That's the same CID as before, by the way.

I'm going with the link RUU, not the one you named (and didn't link). Same command as before.

All correct?:eek:

Correct.. commands are same. Adjust name for downloaded RUU

remember.. x.x.1540.x needs your CID to BS_US001, and x.x.502.x needs your CID to be CWS__001

Reactions: seth22h

seth22h

May 22, 2014
It worked! Marking solved. Thank you man. Send me your paypal email.

So where is my phone at now? Is this stock? OTA updates? Can I try flashing a ROM?

seth22h

May 22, 2014
Correct.. commands are same. Adjust name for downloaded RUU

remember.. x.x.1540.x needs your CID to BS_US001, and x.x.502.x needs your CID to be CWS__001

So where is my phone at now? Is this stock? OTA updates? Can I try flashing a ROM?

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011

I dont know if you flashed ATT/Cingular or BAUS(US Dev) but these are official stock firmwares, whatever you do, do not S-ON, and because you are S-OFF, you don't have to lock bootloader. You will get OTA updates as they come. There should be a few already.

I would say first get it all the way up to 4.4.2 OS (there maybe 2 of these) and then TWRP/ROOT/CustomRom/etc. You know the process to restore if it happens again, take a TWRP backup just in case.

Enjoy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello gentlemen,

I'm the noob that wiped his OS without installing a new one--yea, that guy. :laugh:

Long story short: I'm using TWRP and trying to sideload or push via ADB a new ROM onto the M7. I've tried a stock rom and two other well renowned ROMS. Each time, though it pushes over or sideloads, it fails install because the file is "corrupt." I searched the forums and web to get up to where I'm at, but can't get further. I also tried that other recovery CWM or whatever it is--that one had a similar error, though it didn't say corrupt (I can get that info if it'd help you help me).

Thanks in advance. I'll send some bitcoin to whoever gets my case solved. :fingers-crossed:

Code in TWRP is as follows:

Updating partition details...
    Full Selinux support is present.
    Starting ADB sideload feature...
    Installing '/data/media/sideload.zip'...
    Checking for MD5 file...
    Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
    E: Zip file is corrupt!
    Updating partition details...

:eek:

Your output of fastboot getvar all (remove IMEI) .. also the exact command you are running for sideload?
    How do I change the CID?

What am I flashing there? What ROM/version of android?

No way to do this on a mac? (No windows, no access to one)

The same way you changed it to 11111111

You were going to be flashing a RUU of the same version as per your fastboot output main-ver. However, this is this file that I found that you can use on a mac.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2460534

Download it.. and flash it with..

fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip filename.zip
    fastboot flash zip filename.zip (twice.)
    fastboot reboot
    Fastboot oem writecid BS_US001
    Thanks for the command. So the only way you know of to fix this is on a Windows?

No .. my second reply is with a zip file. Its higher than what you have but as it is a zip file, it will work on MAC
    X.X.502.X - CINGULAR/ATT US - needs a CID of CWS__001

You can try that

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Alternate link> http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip...r_brightstarus_wwe_3-22-1540-1-decrypted-zip/< This one Needs BS_US001 as your CID