Possibility of CWM for the NITRO HD!!

Search This thread

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Alright Guys,

so I just got a reply back from one of the Devs!! His name is Tenfar (he brought CWM over for the Atrix) and he said he will be more than happy to create CWM for the Nitro but since he does not have the phone yet, he needs our help. Here are the things he need:

boot.img dump of the phone or
recovery.img dump of the stock firmware

Now I don't have the phone yet (shipping out to me) so can someone please get these to me and I will send them to him. Try getting both dumps so he has more options to work with.

He is of course not making any promises on what he can do for us, but this is a start! Our first support will be a CWM, and if we can have this, then the doors will be wide open. So please get those dumps to me asap! :D Oh God I'm Giddy with excitement!! rofl!

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Lets see if I can post a link to the files from my public dropbox folder....

Boot : http://db.tt/VRY60QRv

Recovery : http://db.tt/L6OwMJmx

Please let the developer know the location.

Thanks!

Also please let the dev know that I would be more than happy to help out with anything possible.

Dude, awesome!! Thank you for the dumps. I'll get these to him now. And i'll definitely will let him know that he can reach u personally for anything he might need to get this done! :D

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Schwin, I know nothing about these things, but after downloading the files, I can't seem to open them at all. I see that they're huge files for a .txt format but notepad just crashes opening them. And both wordpad and word can't encode it properly. I just wanna make sure that the files work before sending them over to him x)

Thanks!

Also please let the dev know that I would be more than happy to help out with anything possible.

schwin97

May 26, 2010
Schwin, I know nothing about these things, but after downloading the files, I can't seem to open them at all. I see that they're huge files for a .txt format but notepad just crashes opening them. And both wordpad and word can't encode it properly. I just wanna make sure that the files work before sending them over to him x)

I added the .txt so that I could put them in my dropbox account on my phone - for some reason Astro wasn't finding them when they were .img files. Also, they are not in a normal format for viewing - search around for unpack-bootimg.pl if you want to get at the contents of the files. You will need perl installed - and possibly other items as well (I have cygwin installed). This is what happens when I pick up my phone after feeding my baby his middle of the night bottle... :)

Last edited:

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I added the .txt so that I could put them in my dropbox account on my phone - for some reason Astro wasn't finding them when they were .img files. Also, they are not in a normal format for viewing - search around for unpack-bootimg.pl if you want to get at the contents of the files. You will need perl installed - and possibly other items as well (I have cygwin installed). This is what happens when I pick up my phone after feeding my baby his middle of the night bottle... :)

LOL! well i guess I dont need to bother opening it up, I'm sure Tenfar knows wat to do with them, n if he doesn't, I will relay your message above to him lol. Thanks again man!

PearsonDKA

Mar 15, 2011
Toronto
Alright Guys,

so I just got a reply back from one of the Devs!! His name is Tenfar (he brought CWM over for the Atrix) and he said he will be more than happy to create CWM for the Nitro but since he does not have the phone yet, he needs our help. Here are the things he need:

Now I don't have the phone yet (shipping out to me) so can someone please get these to me and I will send them to him. Try getting both dumps so he has more options to work with.

He is of course not making any promises on what he can do for us, but this is a start! Our first support will be a CWM, and if we can have this, then the doors will be wide open. So please get those dumps to me asap! :D Oh God I'm Giddy with excitement!! rofl!

Oh my sweet titty milking Jesus! This..definitely made my day haha. Nice work Aqua :eek:

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Thanks Pearson :) Just trying to help as much as I can here. I'm gonna try and reach out to some other Devs as well in the mean time, but I'm 100% sure that if we ever get a CWM, other Devs will start looking our way and in no time, many new things will happen here. There are many others here too that are making a difference with all the things they contribute and they are all amazing as well. Pls make sure to thank them for all their hard work.

rydeN-

Oct 29, 2011
Hi guys, maybe try Terminal Emulator to port the boot.img onto the phone, and then attempt CWM?
YOU brick, I'm not to blame. But give it a go!:)
Please thank me or give results.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
Seeing as we have yet to unlock either the recovery partition or bootloader, i am curious too... Just exactly what commands are you referring to rydeN??? and do you know how to get into those partitions?? Please tell us....

rydeN-

Oct 29, 2011
I could give you the tut via the Thrill, would this work? It works the same way. All you need is a tut no exact phone, they all work the same.

rydeN-

Oct 29, 2011
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1363132
This is a link to the LG Thrill process of getting CWM. PLEASE AND I SAY AND BEG PLEASE! Get a Nitro HD boot.img & recovery.img before you risk this process.
I still am not to blame if you Berk.

tenfar

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 16, 2007
Beijing
www.tenfar.com
test version of CWM

please test first ,make sure you have backup your recovery partition.

download link will be available shortly

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/592630/clockworkmodforlghd.zip

Download a terminal program from the android market

Open terminal on phone and type
Code:
su
Then hit enter (a superuser prompt will pop up, hit allow)

Then back up by typing this into the terminal apk on your phone
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p13.backup bs=4096
Then hit enter

Then put it on phone by typing this into the terminal apk on your phone
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 bs=4096
Then hit enter

If you accidentally put it on your external sdcard than type this into terminal apk
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/_ExternalSD/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 bs=4096
Then hit enter

then try to reboot to recovery

Code:
reboot recovery

Thats it, hope this helps. beware this is not tested ,someone must test this .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright Guys,

Thanks!

The dropbox link doesn't work. Also how do you install this? Thanks.

unzip ,put img file in your sdcard root directory.
    open terminal shell

#dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    The # is the sign when you in shell as root
    $ - is when you are just user and don't have root privileges.
    So when you see # when someone posts a command, it tells you to loggin as root with su command first.
    13... got the partition from a log file I found - /cache/recovery/last_log. It was the only place I found any reference to the location of the recovery and boot partition, and when I dumped the partition it actually was able to unpack. It also had contents that looked like it actually was the recovery partition - mainly a recovery.fstab and recovery_mmc.fstab within etc. Also, at one point I ran 'cat /dev/zero > /dev/block/mmcblk0p13' and when I attempted to boot into recovery it stopped with a message on the screen stating, "hello to fastboot".

So I am pretty sure it is the correct partition. The problem is that it reboots when booted into the recovery partition.