[APP][2.3.3+][NFC] NFC ReTAG --> re-use write protected NFC tags

Search This thread

fzr-r4

Sep 7, 2010
Berkeley
THIS is amazing. You need to create a new thread with this info and have it stickied imo, so many people would benefit from this.

ha ha, i got the hang of it trying to follow instructions for getting Google wallet to work. unfortunately, apps don't update automatically despite installing successfully.

also, this doesn't seem to work for paid apps (like the pro version of this thread's app!).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
hey could this work on a nexus s with 4.x , i see that you are using one so....

Yes, sure.

My main dev device is a Nexus S on stock 4.0.3 (crespo) ... it works and the market says it´s compatible .. ;-)

picture.php

There is also an own thread in the nexus s forum.

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Thx for all your feedback ;-)

FYI:
the next update (in a couple of days) will focus on the smoothing of the NFC experience ... i think I have found some nice solutions and some additional ideas to enhance the dispatching process and make it much more practical ....

Some (ok, a lot ;)) UI Improvements and some new activities are on my todo list as well, but as mentioned, focus in the next update will be the practical use and the dispatchin process ...

Additional feature requests always welcome ....

regards
ascsa

Reactions: opensourcefan

turkeylord

Apr 4, 2010
carlisle
This (and many, many apps :( ) doesn't show up in my market either (Galaxy Nexus HSPA+, CM9/4.0.3 ROM, non-native dpi). Here is a workaround in ICS for almost all such apps:

(1) on your android device's browser, when you are NOT signed in to your google account in the browser, go to: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.widgapp.NFC_ReTAG_FREE

(2) tap "install," bringing up a dialogue to select an app to continue the action

(3) select to continue with the browser, not the Market

(4) the browser will try to sign in automatically in ICS on the web sign in page, grant it permission to do so, which brings up another app selection dialogue

(5) this time, select the Market app

(6) you'll be greeted with the "not compatible" Market page. hit your "back" button

(7) you'll be back at the web sign in page. hit reload, bringing up the app-selection dialogue again.

(8) select the Market again

(9) this time, you should be able to download and install. once you select that, it will show incompatible again, but it will also show that it is downloading.

good luck!

This works with the San Francisco Bay Area transit card, the Clipper Card. :)

I would love a feature enabling/disabling GPS!

your workarounds do not work at all. i have a nexus s 4g, release an apk already, im getting fed up of trying those stupid steps only to have it start downloaded then cancel due to not being compatible.

after about 3 hours of trying, doing both the dpi workarounds and the ones listed, i am currently unable to download this app at all. that is also across various roms, and even stock. so just release the friggen apk.

Last edited:

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
your workarounds do not work at all. i have a nexus s 4g, release an apk already, im getting fed up of trying those stupid steps only to have it start downloaded then cancel due to not being compatible.

after about 3 hours of trying, doing both the dpi workarounds and the ones listed, i am currently unable to download this app at all. that is also across various roms, and even stock. so just release the friggen apk.

Hi turkeylord,

if you want some custom development from me for you and your device, consider a 4 figure amount and donate it to me.

If you want support for your rooted device with several roms on it regarding your market problem, and don´t like the provided solutions, ask your carrier, rom dev, market support or google.

If this free app is not compatible with the stock Nexus S 4g (btw my dev console says it is!) I´m sorry for you and I will have a look at it in one of the next updates.

If you don´t like this app, don´t download it!

I will NOT provide any apk, support apks or guarantee that any apk doesn´t contain malware or brick your phone. Period.

Reactions: knobbyhtccruise

turkeylord

Apr 4, 2010
carlisle
Hi turkeylord,

if you want some custom development from me for you and your device, consider a 4 figure amount and donate it to me.

If you want support for your rooted device with several roms on it regarding your market problem, and don´t like the provided solutions, ask your carrier, rom dev, market support or google.

If this free app is not compatible with the stock Nexus S 4g (btw my dev console says it is!) I´m sorry for you and I will have a look at it in one of the next updates.

If you don´t like this app, don´t download it!

I will NOT provide any apk, support apks or guarantee that any apk doesn´t contain malware or brick your phone. Period.

i have tried multiple roms (even stock) so its definitely not my phone. the market itself says the app is not compatible with the SPRINT NEXUS S 4G. so obviously the right phone is being detected. its useless to make a tool that phones like the (Motorola droid, and other htc phones) can download even though they dont (and never will) have nfc, yet block support for one of the first phones to even have nfc (and one of the only phones, as there arent that many) what kind of dev are you? why will you not give out an apk. or at least the free version apk, so that people that (obviously) cannot download your app can at least use it. seems like there alo tof people having this issue, and having to work around the market to download your app is a really bad choice. no i will not pay you for your stupidity of not giving the free version apk out for people having trouble with the market.
i mean look at the setcpu guys, they even give out there pro version apk free on this website, and seem to be doing fine.

btw. how can i not like the app, if i cant even get it on my phone due to you.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

sxm2

Jun 13, 2010
i have tried multiple roms (even stock) so its definitely not my phone. the market itself says the app is not compatible with the SPRINT NEXUS S 4G. so obviously the right phone is being detected. its useless to make a tool that phones like the (Motorola droid, and other htc phones) can download even though they dont (and never will) have nfc, yet block support for one of the first phones to even have nfc (and one of the only phones, as there arent that many) what kind of dev are you? why will you not give out an apk. or at least the free version apk, so that people that (obviously) cannot download your app can at least use it. seems like there alo tof people having this issue, and having to work around the market to download your app is a really bad choice. no i will not pay you for your stupidity of not giving the free version apk out for people having trouble with the market.
i mean look at the setcpu guys, they even give out there pro version apk free on this website, and seem to be doing fine.

motorola droiid <-- lol

Why does it not show Verizon Motorola Droid or Motorola Droid?

Seems like the market doesn't like 4.0.4. Is that what you have?

turkeylord

Apr 4, 2010
carlisle
motorola droiid <-- lol

Why does it not show Verizon Motorola Droid or Motorola Droid?

Seems like the market doesn't like 4.0.4. Is that what you have?

it shows up that because when i had it (2 years ago) i renamed it to get rid of the verizon motorola droid name.

i have ics 4.0.3 i think (cynanogenmod 9 v02 from rom manager)

iv also found a workoround and now have the app though. i had to take an old nexus 1 and update it to the latest cyanogenmod (the latest stable 7) and downloaded it, backed it up with titanium backup, and copied it to my other phone. so if anyone is having download issues, i should be able to help without any stupid workarounds.

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011

due to me, there is this app ;-)

it shows up that because when i had it (2 years ago) i renamed it to get rid of the verizon motorola droid name.

i have ics 4.0.3 i think (cynanogenmod 9 v02 from rom manager)

iv also found a workoround and now have the app though. i had to take an old nexus 1 and update it to the latest cyanogenmod (the latest stable 7) and downloaded it, backed it up with titanium backup, and copied it to my other phone. so if anyone is having download issues, i should be able to help without any stupid workarounds.

Congratulations you got the app!

But you didn´t get the point! Get your market and/ or rom ready and download it from the market to get updates with new features, tweaks and bugfixes!

As you found out with your nexus 1, I do not block any phone and the requirements are very low (android 2.3+, wifi, bluetooth, touchscreen, telephony and portrait) .You can even download it without nfc ... without nfc you just can have a look at the app and simulate some tags via the database if you want ...but it works!

So again, you should:
- Set your Lcd density to a standard value
- Clear your market cache + data
- Try the workaround fzr-r4 provided
and perhaps have a look at your build.prop --> try 4.0.3 if your android version says 4.0.4 (clearing market cache after that could not harm ;-))

btw the market provides multiple APK support for different devices ... so your "solution" is a little bit risky.

Last edited:

champ91

Mar 28, 2007
Sorry, this is all very new to me and I'm coming from a iPhone 4. My last android phone was the nexus one and I only had it for a very short time.

From my understanding, if I have some NFC cards that I no longer use. I can change how my phone reads them? Say if I had an old NFC hotel card that would have opened a hotel door. I can make my phone read that card to do something else? Like turn on/off wifi or gps? Where I'm kind of confused I guess is why would I want to do that if I could just press the wifi or gps on/off button on my phone?

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Sorry, this is all very new to me and I'm coming from a iPhone 4. My last android phone was the nexus one and I only had it for a very short time.

From my understanding, if I have some NFC cards that I no longer use. I can change how my phone reads them? Say if I had an old NFC hotel card that would have opened a hotel door. I can make my phone read that card to do something else? Like turn on/off wifi or gps? Where I'm kind of confused I guess is why would I want to do that if I could just press the wifi or gps on/off button on my phone?

Hi champ, good question.

Sure you can just press the wifi button on your phone to disable wifi ... But imagine some more complex use cases , for example:
In your car you want to disable Wifi, enable bluetooth, start your mediaplayer, launch the navigation app and add an timestamp in your calendar for time tracking ....How much keypresses do you need ? I don´t know, but with this app you only need one tag (attached to your car mount if you want ..) to do all this ....and much more ...:)

and yeah, you don´t have to buy a writable nfc tag for this app, you just can use your old NFC hotel card ...

gotmlk

Jul 16, 2010
Paris
Great App!

Thank you man for this app, that was everything I was searching for!

Just a request: can you plug a "device_id" parameter.

i.e: I want to send the device_id to an url like this:

nfc.php?d=DEVICE_ID

What do you think about this feature?

By the way, thanks again!

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Thank you man for this app, that was everything I was searching for!

Just a request: can you plug a "device_id" parameter.

i.e: I want to send the device_id to an url like this:

nfc.php?d=DEVICE_ID

What do you think about this feature?

By the way, thanks again!

If I understand you right, you want to identify your devices via the tag and send this information to an url ... interesting idea ! :)

Keep in mind that the tag doesn´t store any information, therefore you have to setup the url on each device ...and you could setup a different URL on every device (URL --> try the "Browse" feature! ... e.g. nfc.php?d=DEVICE_1, nfc.php?d=DEVICE_2, nfc.php?d=DEVICE_3 etc.)

Ok, it´s a little bit static, and for a large number of user/ devices not a perfect solution, but should work e.g. if you only want to identify your own 3 devices... I´m sure with Tasker you could make it even a little more dynamic ....

In general, adding a device_id shouldn´t be to complicated. In fact, in two of my other apps (Hidden Features Free ICS and Hidden Features Free Sammy (for samsungs phones with touchwiz (--> NO NEXUS! :mad:)) I added an "Show Android ID" Button ... but depending on your use case I´m not sure if you really need the android id or just an simple identifier ...

If you need this feature for a larger user basis or want to use it as something like a plugin, send me an email with your detailed requirements, perhaps some features currently under development will fit your request and I can incorporate your requirements

;-)

champ91

Mar 28, 2007
Hi champ, good question.

Sure you can just press the wifi button on your phone to disable wifi ... But imagine some more complex use cases , for example:
In your car you want to disable Wifi, enable bluetooth, start your mediaplayer, launch the navigation app and add an timestamp in your calendar for time tracking ....How much keypresses do you need ? I don´t know, but with this app you only need one tag (attached to your car mount if you want ..) to do all this ....and much more ...:)

and yeah, you don´t have to buy a writable nfc tag for this app, you just can use your old NFC hotel card ...

I get it now, thanks. I can use my work pass too right because it doesn't rewrite the pass but rather how your phone reads it. I can still use my pass to get into my office?

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
I get it now, thanks. I can use my work pass too right because it doesn't rewrite the pass but rather how your phone reads it. I can still use my pass to get into my office?

Yes, sure you can ....

The app does not need to write anything on the tag ...It just reads the id of the tag and stores it in an locale database on your phone ... and then you can associate multiple activities via the database to this id ....the next time the device reads the id the activities will start ....

Beside that, I think your office pass is probably encrypted and write protected ... so you shouldn´t be able to change anything on it, even if you want ... ;-)

Reactions: champ91

champ91

Mar 28, 2007
Yes, sure you can ....

The app does not need to write anything on the tag ...It just reads the id of the tag and stores it in an locale database on your phone ... and then you can associate multiple activities via the database to this id ....the next time the device reads the id the activities will start ....

Beside that, I think your office pass is probably encrypted and write protected ... so you shouldn´t be able to change anything on it, even if you want ... ;-)

my work pass didn't work, maybe it doesn't have nfc. but I got it to work on my paypass credit card. I made it turn on wifi and Bluetooth. Pretty sweet but probably not too practical... Haha...Still cool though.thanks

Last edited:

akoepke

Dec 16, 2010
Perth
Just downloaded this on my Galaxy Nexus and am waiting for some NFC tags to arrive as I don't have any spare :)

I don't think the tech is as widely used over here in Australia as yet.

I noticed that you had a setting where we can adjust the ringer mode but there isn't a setting to adjust the volume. It would be great if we could tell the app to adjust the ringer volume to a certain level. I am mainly thinking that when I get my car dock to have it set so that it adjusts to around 75% volume level instead of whatever I had it set to.

kyle25

Apr 19, 2010
Auckland
Just downloaded this on my Galaxy Nexus and am waiting for some NFC tags to arrive as I don't have any spare :)

I don't think the tech is as widely used over here in Australia as yet.

I noticed that you had a setting where we can adjust the ringer mode but there isn't a setting to adjust the volume. It would be great if we could tell the app to adjust the ringer volume to a certain level. I am mainly thinking that when I get my car dock to have it set so that it adjusts to around 75% volume level instead of whatever I had it set to.

+1 could use the volume settings as well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bored of the NFC features of your devices?

Every NFC tag you tried (hotel keycards, lift passes, price tags, merchandising key fobs etc.) is write protected?

Don�t want to buy plain tags for playing around?

Try "NFC ReTAG"!
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.widgapp.NFC_ReTAG_FREE

--> Reads the ID of the (write protected) NFC tag and connects theses tags via a app internal database to various functions (e.g. Toggle Wlan/ Bluetooth, launch installed apps, trigger TASKER tasks, start navigation, set ringer mode ,browser etc.)

XDA-Portal article:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/nfc-re-tag-application-allows-users-to-re-use-write-only-tags/
    (misleading title ;) --> read-only or write protected tags!) :)

Video ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7TrkZ2hzn0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7TrkZ2hzn0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Things to scan with your NFC Phone: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1701644
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, just one remark, as I�ve been asked again and again:

The ONLY way to get the PRO version is Google Play. There is NO apk download or whatever!

EVERY OTHER VERSION YOU COULD FIND IS AN ILLEGAL VIRUS INFECTED PIRATE VERSION!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issues with default app chooser ("Choose an action"):

- Writeable tags --> just write a special NFC ReTag tag (more button).
    - Non-writeable tags --> just disable background dispatching within all other NFC Apps (every good NFC App should have such a setting). System Apps like �tags� can be disabled via the App info screen.

Features:
    Update 2.21.x
    * Android 9.0 Pie compatibility and fixes
    * New logo

Update 2.18 (2.18.x = fixes)
    * New workaround for the Location (GPS) activity ... Yes it�s back, was blocked by Android since Marshmallow ;)
    * Minor tweaks and fixes

Update 2.17 (2.17.x =fixes)
    * First Android 7.0 Nougat adaptations
    * Bugfixes

Update 2.16 (2.16.x = fixes)
    * New Reboot activity
    * First Android 6.0 adaptations
    * Tweaks and bug fixes

Update 2.12 (2.12.x = fixes)
    * New Boot trigger
    * Compatibility setting for non-standard TTS engines
    * First Android L adaptations
    * Tweaks and bug fixes

Update 2.11 (2.11.x = fixes)
    * New HttpGet and HttpPost activity (Lab)
    * Additional parameters (wireless) for "Stay On while charging" activity
    * New volume setting for the TextToSpeech activity
    * Tweaks and bug fixes

Update 2.10 (2.10.x = fixes)
    * New Power trigger
    * New Vibrate activity
    * New icons for ReTag widgets
    * Improved TexttoSpeech and Speak current time activity
    * Small tweaks and bug fixes

Update 2.9 (2.9.x = fixes)
    * ReTag widgets (wooohoo!)
    * New Timer activity (4.4+)
    * Play Media activity
    * Better activity handling
    * Tweaks and bug fixes

Update 2.8 (2.8.x = fixes)
    * NEW Bluetooth trigger
    * Set Cycle activity
    * Android 4.4 support
    * Android 4.4 Location activity
    * Russian translation by 4pda community (2.8.1)
    * Bug fixes

Update 2.7 (2.7.x = fixes)
    * NEW Wifi and Battery triggers
    * NEW Activities: Close app, Toggle NFC Setting, Location Access, URI
    * Log table for activities
    * Improved receiver handling
    * Many additional improvements, tweaks and bugfixes

Update 2.6 (2.6.x = fixes)
    * New additional write options for "special NFC ReTags tags" and "Activity tags"
    * Experiemental support for Tag lost message from Xposed NFCLockScreenOffEnabler module
    (Have a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2122019)
    * A lot of additonal improvements, tweaks and bugfixes

Update 2.5.2
    * Small fixes and Jelly Bean 4.3 adaptations
    * Additional compatibility setting for ReTag Brodcast lower case variables
    * Updated ReTag Expert Plugin v1.2.1 fixes Airplane mode issues in JB 4.3 (root required!)

Update 2.5.1
    * Small fixes and design improvements
    * New experimental template activity

Update 2.5 (2.5.x = fixes)

* Support for placeholders (e.g. [%UID], [%DAT])
    * Tasker Task advanced (pass variables to tasker)
    * ReTag Broadcast (for 3rd party apps)
    * Improved Timestamp activity (Define Calendar ID and Title prefix via settings)
    * Language support for German
    * Minor improvements, tweaks and bugfixes

Update 2.4 (2.4.x = fixes)

* Add support for new NFC ReTag Expert Plug-in ( --> Download FREE Plug-In)

* Toggle GPS (via plug-in and root)
    * Airplane mode (support for JB 4.2 via plug-in and root)
    * Stay On while charging (support for JB 4.2 via plug-in and root)
    * Moved Call activity and CALL_PHONE permission from main app to plug-in
    * Moved Timestamp activity and WRITE_CALENDAR permission from main app to plug-in
    * Minor improvements and fixes

Update 2.3: (2.3.x = fixes)
    * Add new SSID (great for sharing/ beaming WiFi SSID and password)
    * Say current time
    * Launch App Activities
    * Bluetooth discoverability
    * Set default ringtone
    * Set default notification tone
    * Set default alarm tone
    * Improved media control
    * Minor improvements and fixes

Update 2.2: (2.2.x = fixes)
    * Beam your tag cycles to other devices
    * Import beamed tag cycles
    * Minor improvements
    * Fixes

Update 2.1: (2.1.x = fixes)
    * Option to write NFC ReTag activity tags
    * Import NFC ReTag activity tags
    * Disable NFC ReTag activity tag dispatching
    * Minor improvements and JB 4.2 adaptations
    * Fixes

Update 2.0: Complete revised NFC ReTAG. New UI, new app structure, new database, new features.
    (2.0.x -> Bugfixes)

Highlights:

* Complete new UI, to much changes to list them all, but you will love it!
    * New tag cycles: You can add now tag cycles with specific activities for each cycle.
    Each scan will increase the cycle count and run the cycle activities. (e.g. a tag with 3 Cycles will run the cycle 1 activities on first scan,
    the cycle 2 activities on second scan, the cycle 3 activities on third scan and starting again with cycle 1 activities on forth scan etc.)
    * Complete new "Do not show" behavior
    * New info pop-up for scanned tags
    * Tag statistics
    * Improved background tag dispatching
    * Setting to disable background tag dispatching for NFC ReTag
    * New Feature: Set Display Timeout
    * New Feature: Set Stay on while loading
    * New Feature: Run secret code
    * Option to write the new sony smarttags (Grey, Orange,Purple, Green)
    * New Update/ Repair Database feature
    * Bug fixes
    * and much much more ... ;)

Update 1.6

* Set Alarm Volume
    * Connect to a specific WiFi SSID
    * Enable/ disable Mobile Hotspot
    * New toogle parameter for Mobile Data
    * Enable/ disable Car Mode (BETA)
    * Added format option for NOT formated tags
    * Added additional smarttag write option (Favourite tag)
    * Added Tasker fallback setting (for manual adding of tasks)
    * Added setting for disabling "http://" prefix within browse activity
    * UI improvements and bugfixes

Update 1.5
    * Set Alarm
    * Set Timer
    * Set Brightness (auto, value)
    * Launch Navigation without address
    * Added fallback solution (small memory size) for writing special NFC Retag tags
    * some UI improvements and bugfixes

Update 1.4.5 :
    * Airplane mode on/off/toggle
    * Mobile data on/off
    * Possibility to write smarttags (Blue, Red, White, Black) for sony devices
    * some UI improvements & bugfixes

UPDATE 1.4: (-> 1.4.x = bugfixes)
    * TexttoSpeech
    * On/Off/Toggle auto sync
    * On/Off/Toggle auto rotate
    * Write a special NFC ReTAG for pre-ICS devices (BETA!!!)
    * Some minor improvements (e.g launcher list is now sorted)
    * Some minor bugfixes

UPDATE 1.3: (->1.3.+ = small bugfixes)
    * Improved tag dispatching
    * Possibility to write special NFC ReTAG tag (ICS required) ->nice for those with writeable tags
    * �Do not show� feature (? Settings)
    * Save tag as template + Manage templates
    * Set Music Volume (Parameter = integer 0 - 100)
    * Set Ringer Volume (Parameter = integer 0 - 100)
    * Bluetooth ON without pop-up (as addition to the toggle option)
    * Import/Export database (? Settings)
    * Auto Backup (? Settings)
    * Improved UI and some minor tweaks

UPDATE 1.2:
    * Toggle Bluetooth without Pop-up
    * Mute 'Tag detected' Pop-up via preferences
    * Calendar entry: Open new calendar entry. Starting time: now; Duration: 1h -> Title will be set according to parameter
    * Timestamp: Adds a calendar timestamp in the calendar (ID 1) -> Title will be set according to parameter
    * Mediabutton: Simulates media buttons (Parameter: Toggle Play, Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Fast Forward, Rewind)
    * Show homescreen: Jump to the homescreen. No Parameter
    * Wait: Add a wait period. Parameter: milliseconds (2500 = 2,5 seconds)
    * Show Pop-up: Shows a custom pop-up. Parameter = Pop-up text.
    * Improved UI and some other minor tweaks

UPDATE 1.1: "Tasker" tasks added. (To use this feature, <b>Tasker</b> must be installed and the option <b>Misc / Allow External Access</b> must be set in <b>Tasker UI</b>.)

Version 1.0:
    WLan -> Parameter: 0=OFF, 1=ON, 2= TOGGLE
    Bluetooth -> Parameter: 0=OFF, 1=ON, 2= TOGGLE
    Ringer mode -> Parameter: 0=SILENT, 1=VIBRATE, 2= NORMAL
    Navigate -> Parameter: addresses like "Google Mountain View" or "Berlin Alexanderplatz 1"
    Launcher: Launch any installed app. Choose Launcher and a list of all installed apps will pop up. Click an app to choose -> parameter will automatically be set! Dont change parameter manually!
    Browse -> Parameter: any website (e.g. www.google.com)
    Call -> Phone number or USSD code (e.g. 555 111 222 or *123#)
    Dial -> used for Dialer codes (e.g. *#06# -> IMEI))

Automode enable: start saved functions when tag is detected. Automode disabled: edit saved functions when tag is detected.
    You can also manually edit the database and simulate a tag via the database button.

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

------------------------------
    Have fun!
    :D

NFC ReTAG
    Hidden Features Sammy Edt.
    Hidden Features ICS Edt.
    Update 1.6

Update 1.6 just uploaded to the playstore ... just some new features ... re-design is still in progress ;-)

Version 1.6

* Set Alarm Volume
    * Connect to a specific WiFi SSID
    * Enable/ disable Mobile Hotspot
    * New toogle parameter for Mobile Data
    * Enable/ disable Car Mode (BETA)
    * Added format option for NOT formated tags
    * Added additional smarttag write option (Favourite tag)
    * Added Tasker fallback setting (for manual adding of tasks)
    * Added setting for disabling "http://" prefix within browse activity
    * UI improvements and bugfixes

:D
    Hmmm, seems that there is a strong need for this wifi choosing feature ...no problem, will add it within the next update -->release: probably next weekend, together with some additional functions, settings and bugfixes

Easy. I have three wifi networks at home, and two at work. My phone can connect to all of them, and I do NOT always connect to the same network. In fact, one of the primary uses of NFC tags is to direct the phone to connect to a specific network. (So at home I have three tags next to my key ring, and a similar set up at work).
    Ok, got it.

One of the things I liked about NFC tag launcher is the ability to connect to a specific wifi network.

Also, looking for these functions, if possible:

-connect to a specific bluetooth device
    Hmm, would makes sense if you have several paired bluetooth devices in range at the same time.... never happend to me ... but I will have a look ... the problem will probably be the so called "bluetooth standard" ... it´s a mess !

-turn on/off WiFi Access Point / Thethering
    Added the activity "enabled WiFi Hotspot" to one of my prototypes ...just enables the preconfigured wifi hotspot ( I disabled the SSID and Key settings)..... works great on my testing devices ...but some serios hacking is envolved ... so perhaps I will add this as some BETA function ...

-turn on/off GPS for rooted devices
    GPS Toggle is only available on rooted devices ... currently I don´t want to make NFC ReTag a device administrator .... but, at some Point, I think I will have to do it....have you tried tasker with the secure settings plugin? .. I think there is a GPS option ... never tested by myself ...

btw. on all my devices GPS is always ON ...if it´s not needed android turns it automatically off .. and from my personal experience I do not see a significant impact on battery life with GPS alsways ON ...But sure, I understand this feature request.

Hy ascsa,

I've an Parrot AR Drone. It works with wifi. And flying near an other wifi (in the garden in front of the house), i've to select whitch wifi I'd like to join.

It would be awesome to turn on the drone, scan a tag and it turns on gps, wifi, connect to the drone's wifi and start it's app.

Is this a scenario, which makes sense?

Yes ,got it ;-) ... GPS as mentioned above.

I'll explain you why I'd like the function. I live in an house with 3 floors. For several reasons I have in each floor a different wifi network. All the time I go down or up I have to change on my phone the network and that's pretty boring. So I'd like to put an NFC tag on every floor and the just scan it when I arrive there.
    Yeah, got it :laugh:

Is weird that you didn't think about it, because also the app NFC task launcher has this option :)

I have a look at other NFC apps,frequently .... some are good, some are bad ... nfc task launcher is a good one I think, but anyway, I will not add every feature from every other app ... the features must make sense to me ... or at least there is a strong user demand ;-) ... and I always prefere to implement some new and unique features, rather than these "me too" features ....

Of course would be also great to store on the card the password for a guest network (or just the main network) and give it to friends.
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA
    As mentioned, not in the near future...it´s something for the mid or longterm ....
    Update 2.5

I will have a look at one or two additional things until Monday or Tuesday, and then I will decide the final scope for the next update:
    small update --> probably end of next week :D || bigger update--> additional one or two weeks ... :eek:

OK, update released ...Main app 2.5 and plugin 1.2

Update 2.5 (2.5.x = fixes)

* Support for placeholders (e.g. [%UID], [%DAT])
    * Tasker Task advanced (pass variables to tasker)
    * ReTag Broadcast (for 3rd party apps)
    * Improved Timestamp activity (Define Calendar ID and Title prefix via settings)
    * Language support for German
    * Minor improvements, tweaks and bugfixes

Looks like a small update, but the placeholder support and the advanced Tasker tasks and last but not least the ReTag Broadcast gives you lots of new and unique possibilities ...
    Update 1.1 with "tasker" task support is released....

Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium