THE ORIGINAL Bacon Talk...Strictly Bacon

Search This thread

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Bacon Facts in History

In the continuing stories of Bacon Facts in History.....

Nathan Hale (born 1755, died 1776)

Well known in American History, is the story of Nathan Hale, member of the Continental Army for the fledgling United States. Also well know, are the comments he made before giving his life (at the hands of the Imperial British no less).

What's not known, are the true circumstances involving this dastardly deed.

We all know the real reason the British invaded the Colonial States. It wasn't for control as everybody is led to believe. Yeah, the colonials were a pretty scrappy bunch, and yeah, they didn't want to pay taxes to some unknown SOB 5000 miles away. So why did the british invade????

After all, the colonials didn't have much to export. Some corn, some sugar, and some smoked honey cured bacon. WHAT????

We all know, British cooking is the pits. Anybody who traveled to the UK can attest to this. Remember at the time, the primary pork product for most British people, was.... Salt Pork. Now folks, don't know if you've eaten salt pork before. But,,, it's Nasty to say the least.

Needless to say, the British discovered something to even further tax the colonials. Money was one thing, but to give away our bacon??? No Way!

The fight was on. Enter Nathan Hale...

Of course during the war, bacon production pressed on. It's said an army travels on it's stomach,,,, especially when that stomach is filled with Smoked Honey Cured Bacon. Any improvement in the recipe, would only bolster moral in the fledgling Colonial Army.

So when volunteers were asked to cross British lines to deliver the new recipe to the Bacon Masters, up stepped young Nathan Hale. Nathan was a strapping young lass of 21, with a set between the legs made of titanium! The last thing he was afraid of, was a bunch of fancy red suited panzy-ass Brits! So off he went, recipe in hand, dragging that monster set of T-Balls behind him.

The capture...

Of course the British Army was not without their spies, and word was known of Nathan's mission. Also of note, it wasn't very hard to track Nathan. With T-Balls as big as his, he flaunted the British by leaving the trails of them huge T-Balls dragging behind.

When captured, Nathan was having his breakfast of Smoked Honey cured Bacon and gravy. The British, in gentlemanly fashion, allowed Nathan to finish his meal. Big mistake. Nathan promptly, when finished, wiped his gravy bowl clean with his napkin, then wiped his face. Then promptly ATE his napkin! You can guess the "napkin" was the recipe. Right in front of their faces!!!! Followed by a huge belch and a smile! (T-Balls)

The torture....

By the time the Brits finished dragging poor Nathan back to their HQ, (another week of eating that nasty salt pork), they were in no mood for humor. Not to mention they were intimidated by his ..well, you know. So in not such a good mood, torture was immediately started. This proved pointless after a week, so the Brits decided execution was in order.

When asked for a last meal, which is typical British fashion, you can only guess what the reply was. "I'd like 6 eggs, 4 toast, gravy....and.... 2 pounds of Smoked Honey Cured Bacon, please". The Brits didn't find this funny. Request denied.

Execution Day...

As Nathan stood at the gallows, rope around his neck, the Commandant felt that the graveness of the situation would force the information at last. When asked if he had any last words to say, with a smirk on his face, Nathan Hale stated...

"I only regret that I have but one life to give for my Bacon"

The British had enough of Nathan Hale, so they obliged.

T-Balls to the end!

So...why did they change his statement from "Bacon" to "Country"????

Simple. To protect the secrecy of the recipe! If it was left as "Bacon", then everybody would be interested and invade the Colonial States (as it was, the British tried again several years later, but it worked out about as well as the first time).

So changing it to something Patriotic, inline with Liberty and Freedom, well, everybody forgets about that after 10 years.

Also, it sounds much better in the history books.

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
a6c0aa06-4c56-c6f3.jpg

I got your 10char right here

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
I love bloody bacon. Can't have real bacon due to my health so I grub on turkey bacon. Still tasty when crispy.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

A Turkey product can only be called Turkey Bacon if you have a doctors excuse. Due to your health your health I, the Bacon Pope, grant you permission. Enjoy!

"I love my Springfield XD"

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
A Turkey product can only be called Turkey Bacon if you have a doctors excuse. Due to your health your health I, the Bacon Pope, grant you permission. Enjoy!

I will second the decision. Although, even granted a "bacon blasphemy" exception, the person must understand, that when serving guests, an announcement must be made to the guests beforehand, stating the fact that what is being served is not natural bacon.

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
I will second the decision. Although, even granted a "bacon blasphemy" exception, the person must understand, that when serving guests, an announcement must be made to the guests beforehand, stating the fact that what is being served is not natural bacon.

O indeed. No tricking guests with fake Bacon.

"I love my Springfield XD40"

Pick_A_Name

May 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
Oh bacon, where for art thou? And why the he'll did my wife run out? :(

The Family
Absolution 3.7/ Melchizedek v2.1 Alpha/Redemption v1.1 A 11 no 12, ah who can keep up with Joe 2

Reactions: cwhitney24

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Oh bacon, where for art thou? And why the he'll did my wife run out? :(

Because "I" have the bacon ;) Honey Cured Smoked....

And it time for the Bacon High Council to hold quarterly meetings. And this year, they will be held in Smithfield VA. The origin of Honey Cured Smoked Bacon.. In honor of 237 yrs of honey smoked goodness.

http://www.smithfieldhams.com/category/bacon

Yes, I have had the honor, one time, many many foggy moons ago, to slide the golden slice of HCSB across my tongue, from the masters of this godliness fried goodness. From the smokehouse, to my palate, direct from the masters. A delight most can only dream of. And yes, they gave me the golden honor, bestowed upon the very few, to actually cut the slice....

An eternal memory...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok...everyone I am Chris. I am a bacon addict. People here on xda have come to know me as the Bacon Pope. This thread started as a way to have a place for people to come to relax in the Inspire 4G threads...but it has gone so much farther now. Look through these pages and find SO much bacon!

In this thread we will allow all this bacon...and nothing else. Bacon was a gift handed down to us by the bacon gods and should not be taken lightly. We must harness its awesome power.

bacon.jpg

The Bacon Commandments:

1: You may have other gods, but Bacon should always be the awesomest one you believe.
    2: Thou shalt not consume imitation Bacon.
    3: Thou shalt spread the word of Bacon to all.
    4: Thou shalt not consider Bacon on the same level as any other food, as it is above all.
    5: Thou shalt not think of a pig as a pig...but as growing bacon.
    6: You shall not leave Bacon at your plate, eat it all.
    7: More to come...

Recipe of the week

IMG_0970_zps28659670.jpg

Bacon Explosion WITH CHEESE

Things you will need are:

2 pounds of thick cut style bacon (2 packages)
    2 pounds of sausage
    Your Favorite BBQ sauce
    Your Favorite pork rub seasoning
    Pepperoni (Deli sliced thin)
    Prosciutto (Deli sliced thin)
    Capiccola Ham (Deli sliced thin)
    Velveeta Cheese
    Jalapenos (Diced Marinated)

For this one I am just going to link the directions. I could type the directions but the site has some great pics to guide you. ENJOY! I made one of these last summer and...wow...amazing!

http://www.gourmetfoodgarden.com/wordpress/how-to-build-a-better-bacon-explosion/

ENJOY

baconsig-1.png

I am a proud member of PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
    I've been throwing around the idea of getting a tattoo and I want to get bacon on my stomach. Accordingly I asked the girlfriend if she would kindly get a grill surface tattooed on her stomach so when we, ya know, I can ask her if she wants to make bacon instead of love. She respectfully asked me sleep on the couch. damn.
    Spreading the bacon love this morning.

sent from my Galaxy Nexus while eating bacon
    I just found out that flappjaxxx is a member of PETA and also is a vegetarian!!! BURN HIM!!!

I am a member of peta...the people for eating tasty animals!

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking Abso bacon...ics style