Anyone have the jelly bean stock browser?

Search This thread

DDeveryday

Dec 20, 2011
Google Chrome kinda lags for me. I have tried looking for the stock browser apk but with no luck. I would really appreciate if someone would upload the apk for me. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
I have it from a custom ROM and I think its much better. If you don't want to root dolphin HD browser on the market works just as well on mine. Chrome lagged for me also even stock but some have had better luck.

vincepg13

Jul 23, 2011
That sucks, I think chrome is amazing, a lot smoother then all the browsers I've used on my android devices, mainly HTC browser and ICS stock browser

But yes you need root to place the apk with the system apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Google Chrome kinda lags for me. I have tried looking for the stock browser apk but with no luck. I would really appreciate if someone would upload the apk for me. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Chrome is the stock browser

Everyone says chrome is super fast & smooth & I have to agree, I've had no problems at all with it - it's fantastic.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

DDeveryday

Dec 20, 2011
By stock browser, I mean the stock browser used in Galaxy Nexus and CM10 builds. For Chrome, I always get these lags when typing on the address bar for both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 devices. I'm not sure if it's because of my Swiftkey 3 is not playing nice with Chrome, but it certainly works pretty well with the Stock Browser.

If anyone has the jelly bean stock browser apk, i would greatly appreciate it if you could upload it. Thanks

platinumandroid

Apr 5, 2010
Orange County
By stock browser, I mean the stock browser used in Galaxy Nexus and CM10 builds. For Chrome, I always get these lags when typing on the address bar for both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 devices. I'm not sure if it's because of my Swiftkey 3 is not playing nice with Chrome, but it certainly works pretty well with the Stock Browser.

If anyone has the jelly bean stock browser apk, i would greatly appreciate it if you could upload it. Thanks

Here is a link to the stock browser
http://db.tt/wzqKpNrU
Directions to install are as follows for those of you not familiar.
Use Root Explorer and copy the Browser.apk from your downloads folder and navigate to the /system/app
Folder and mount the system by tapping the (Mount R/W) button
Then paste the apk,Now you need to set permissions to look like this
4404967d-d0ca-6ffd.jpg

Next you need to find the browserproviderproxy.apk and browserproviderproxy.odex If your system has not been deodexed and rename them to browserproviderproxy1.apk and browserproviderproxy1.odex
If you don't do this last step the browser will force close.
Now reboot
Success
Note: You must be rooted (If you hadn't already figured this out)
And I would suggest having your Nexus 7 plugged in via USB and do the reboot using adb commands
That can be done by opening CMD and running the command
adb devices
adb reboot

I finally found the original thread and it can be found below, All thanks should be given the that OP
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780746

Last edited:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I've gotten so used to Chrome on the N7 that I hate using the stock browser on my Galaxy nexus. CM10 roms come prebuilt with the Browser app and I hated even getting the option which one to use.

However Facebook did complain about chrome not supporting picture uploads? I had to use the Browser app for that. This was on my phone btw that had both installed. Perhaps Chrome was missing something by default.

I just like the tabs being right there.

Tbbo514

Dec 31, 2009
orlando

I've seen that also

Sent from the Galaxy: Nexus bow down before your leader

johnmurrayvi

Mar 23, 2010

Well, I can't say it's going to work since the other one that was posted was FC'ing for people, but here's a copy of the browser from a fresh CM10 build I just did for my Galaxy Nexus..

Attachments

• Browser.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 6,275

platinumandroid

Apr 5, 2010
Orange County
I completely forgot a few steps in the process but I did find the original thread that I got the apk from last week here it is,Follow those steps and it will work,I will also modify my post to reflect the proper way to get it to work
Please give thanks to the OP in the above thread
Here are some screenshots to show it's working great and I can confirm this works on multiple Roms including stock and it also works with multiple DPI edits as well as the amazing patch found in the below thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780970

4404967d-366e-c092.jpg

4404967d-3680-c327.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vLegend

cushcalc

Stock browser

I have it from a custom ROM and I think its much better. If you don't want to root dolphin HD browser on the market works just as well on mine. Chrome lagged for me also even stock but some have had better luck.

I prefer the stock browser over Chrome because Flash can be used, and prefer it over Dolphin because I have gotten so used to pinch-to-zoom, and Dolphin doesn't have that. So I was dismayed when stock browser was missing in Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Found the apk and added it back in. Works a treat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is a link to the stock browser
    http://db.tt/wzqKpNrU
    Directions to install are as follows for those of you not familiar.
    Use Root Explorer and copy the Browser.apk from your downloads folder and navigate to the /system/app
    Folder and mount the system by tapping the (Mount R/W) button
    Then paste the apk,Now you need to set permissions to look like this
    4404967d-d0ca-6ffd.jpg

Next you need to find the browserproviderproxy.apk and browserproviderproxy.odex If your system has not been deodexed and rename them to browserproviderproxy1.apk and browserproviderproxy1.odex
    If you don't do this last step the browser will force close.
    Now reboot
    Success
    Note: You must be rooted (If you hadn't already figured this out)
    And I would suggest having your Nexus 7 plugged in via USB and do the reboot using adb commands
    That can be done by opening CMD and running the command
    adb devices
    adb reboot

I finally found the original thread and it can be found below, All thanks should be given the that OP

Well, I can't say it's going to work since the other one that was posted was FC'ing for people, but here's a copy of the browser from a fresh CM10 build I just did for my Galaxy Nexus..
    I completely forgot a few steps in the process but I did find the original thread that I got the apk from last week here it is,Follow those steps and it will work,I will also modify my post to reflect the proper way to get it to work
    Please give thanks to the OP in the above thread
    Here are some screenshots to show it's working great and I can confirm this works on multiple Roms including stock and it also works with multiple DPI edits as well as the amazing patch found in the below thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780970

4404967d-366e-c092.jpg

4404967d-3680-c327.jpg