• No!

Votes: 139 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

randombirt

Oct 22, 2011
Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

Surely it would be in Samsung's best interest to make a GS4 announcement in the next few weeks?

Otherwise they are surely risking losing millions of potential customers to this device?

I am one of the many of us who will almost certainly (99.9%) get one of the two.

Spent the last hour and a half reading the entire thread, great information.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Seems it's set as 14th march...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/24/samsung-confirms-galaxy-s-iv-launch-on-march-14th-in-nyc/

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

H

hot_spare

So as usual we will end with:
You want max power get the ugly plastic samsung
You want style and beauty but don't care about best performance possible get the HTC

Max power is relative. If you talk about CPU, any A15 SoC will obviously be very competitive. Talking about GPU, almost impossible now to beat Apple with PowerVR.

Beauty always again is an individual preference.

As usual, we will end with marketing and brand promotion. The truth lies in pushing your device to the consumers. With such competitive market, one product can't be too much different from another. Only your marketing and brand recognition will make the difference.

Last edited:

Eggcake

Apr 5, 2010
I HATE this thread. Everytime I leave it for a day or two I have to read 10 pages and open 20 links and read 5 articles to be up to date.
But...but...I wanted to work! :crying::crying:

Seriously though, I love it (mainly the reason-not-to-work-part) ;)

batna.antab

May 13, 2012

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Damn, the s600 seems disappointing... I think I'll just wait for a t4/s800/"a7" device.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

its not the s600 fault

it should score 39fps onscreen

its HTC's

and this is what he said about the GPU
/var ‏@jomaKern
@nerdtalker @philnickinson Thx.1st GLB for the HTC One is 34 fps, SHV-E300S = 41 fps, both use Adreno 320, the difference lpddr3 on the SHV?

14 hrs Brian Klug ‏@nerdtalker
@jomaKern @philnickinson Who ran GLB on it? Link? Those are pretty close, software builds are all over the place. PCDDR3 in phone unlikely.

so lets hope its software

Last edited:

itsmemuffins

Jun 13, 2010
And what is the finish of the black iPhone 5 like? :D my friend has one, I will have to have a look at it... although she will probably think im going to smash it to pieces considering ive been trying to get her to go android for ages

I have a black iPhone since launch. Never used a case.

Not a scratch. I'm not rough with it or put it in a picket with keys or coins though. :good:

Reactions: Nokiacrazi

Eggcake

Apr 5, 2010
The LG Optimus G Pro which is also running on an S600 scores even less on GLBench (26FPS offscreen).

So let's just hope it's a software problem.
Frame rates are low enough in Egypt HD that the lack of vsync in the offscreen tests doesn't have a real impact on performance. Although respectable, I suspect that the 26 fps here is a bit lower than we'd see on production hardware since the 320 should be clocked higher in Snapdragon 600 than in the S4 Pro from last year.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6792/...nce-preview-snapdragon-600-tested-at-mwc-2013

Reactions: HTInOxM8 and hamdir

shox22

May 12, 2010
The LG Optimus G Pro which is also running on an S600 scores even less on GLBench (26FPS offscreen).

So let's just hope it's a software problem.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6792/...nce-preview-snapdragon-600-tested-at-mwc-2013

Thats interesting but even more irretating cause the g pro seems to use ddr3. So it rly could be a driver/software problem. Or Qualcomm just lied about the performace. At least the One is 10% faster then the s4 adreno 320. Better then nothing.

MrKaon

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Samsung fans be ready:

samsung-galaxy-s-iv-14-march-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts