[ROM] RootBox [Unofficial Nightlies]

Search This thread

azz72

May 4, 2011
NJ
I'm trying to DL .621 and nothing happens???

On .620 my camera is fine just had some issue with battery drainage quick...but that stopped as of now

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda app-developers app

Chema_F

Jan 23, 2012
Zaragoza
I'm trying to DL .621 and nothing happens???

On .620 my camera is fine just had some issue with battery drainage quick...but that stopped as of now

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda app-developers app

Same here, can't get it to download.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium

Yeah, same here. It's downloading but the speed is 8Kb/s --> 8 hours remaining. I'm definitively gonna build it from sources. I'll share a link to my Google Drive for you to download it if you feel like it. It should be uploaded in one hour since now.

P.S. RootBox-JB-jfltecan-Unofficial-20130622.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: override182

azz72

May 4, 2011
NJ
Reactions: Chema_F

override182

Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
override182.net
Yeah, same here. It's downloading but the speed is 8Kb/s --> 8 hours remaining. I'm definitively gonna build it from sources. I'll share a link to my Google Drive for you to download it if you feel like it. It should be uploaded in one hour since now.

P.S. RootBox-JB-jfltecan-Unofficial-20130622.zip

Your build has issues with camera? Cuz all the rest unofficial builds have broken cams ;(

I got my copy of 20140621 from rootbox.basketbuild instead of goo.im. Goo.im is damn pathetic these days man

Sent using GT-i9505~

Chema_F

Jan 23, 2012
Zaragoza
Your build has issues with camera? Cuz all the rest unofficial builds have broken cams ;(

It is still unknown why builds from the buildbox come out without the bug whereas all the other builds contain the camera FC bug.

No camera issue, I build from the buildbox.

I got my copy of 20140621 from rootbox.basketbuild instead of goo.im. Goo.im is damn pathetic these days man

Totally agree. When I saw the 8 Kb/s speed...Unfair Goo.im

90sec is quite long compared to the almost instant less than 10sec. Noticed in settings the status shows connected but on statusbar its still not connected.

Guessing its RIL related? Im on MF2 modem

Just flashed XXUBMF4 modem via odin and signal appeared instantly. I thought you'd be interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: override182

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
Last edited:

Chema_F

Jan 23, 2012
Zaragoza
For the att s4 - you recommend any modem that will lock right away? I had signal loss on 6-17 and skipped the other one due to IMEI loss.

All I can say is that I never suffered any issues due to modems. Well, only one time was when I flashed a modem+ril zip on my i9100. And modem usability depends so much on the region that you must try several of them to find out which one is the best for you.
Aside of that, have you tried with the last jfltecan official nightly or my unofficial one to see if IMEI is lost? You know a backup makes all the experiments safe. I flashed victorator's jflexx nightly and I lost IMEI but I haven't got any problem with my unofficial build neither with official one.

Edit: just seen your p.s. BTW which baseband are you using?

Last edited:

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
All I can say is that I never suffered any issues due to modems. Well, only one time was when I flashed a modem+ril zip on my i9100. And modem usability depends so much on the region that you must try several of them to find out which one is the best for you.
Aside of that, have you tried with the last jfltecan official nightly or my unofficial one to see if IMEI is lost? You know a backup makes all the experiments safe. I flashed victorator's jflexx nightly and I lost IMEI but I haven't got any problem with my unofficial build neither with official one.

Edit: just seen your p.s. BTW which baseband are you using?

Yea I'm using I337UCUAMDL. Going to try 6-23 and see if its cleared up.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I hope victor doesn't mind!

And thank you for this. Are you just pulling them from sources or from the nightly s and then making changes?

Last edited:

Chema_F

Jan 23, 2012
Zaragoza
Won't flashing a jfltecan build render a brick on our jfltexx devices?

This is the fifth jfltecan build I flash without issues. :good:

Couldn't get a changelog for this build.

http://rootbox.basketbuild.com/download.php?file=main/Nightlies/Changelogs/changelog_20130623.txt

Are you just pulling them from sources or from the nightly s and then making changes?

That one was the official jfltecan nightly from Bajee. When I build unofficials for myself I do it from sources, using the same script than Bajee and I don't make any change to those jfltecan builds. The only problem for me is that backuptool in the flashing process is not working, so I have to flash gapps, restore my paranoid preferences and resore my custom font.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordietm

override182

Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
override182.net

http://rootbox.basketbuild.com/download.php?file=main/Nightlies/Changelogs/changelog_20130623.txt

That one was the official jfltecan nightly from Bajee. When I build unofficials for myself I do it from sources, using the same script than Bajee and I don't make any change to those jfltecan builds. The only problem for me is that backuptool in the flashing process is not working, so I have to flash gapps, restore my paranoid preferences and resore my custom font.

Is it because that we have to format /system on our wonky recovery at the moment rendering backuptool useless on jflteint?

Sent using GT-i9505~

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006

Still doesn't work with 6/23 - looses data connection after about 10 minutes and just never regains it

drdingo21

Jun 23, 2006
Try toggling between LTE/GSM , WCDMA Auto or GSM Auto (PRL). And toggle data on and off. Ive been doing that once a while. Sigh. Not sure why. Im even on MF4 modem now

Sent using GT-i9505~

Sigh...

Its a like a tease. I get it installed and love it then the data drops. I can't wait till it gets figured out.

override182

Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
override182.net
Sigh...

Its a like a tease. I get it installed and love it then the data drops. I can't wait till it gets figured out.

Try what i stated previously. It takes around 30sec to kick in instead of the standard less than 5sec. I can see in phone status (*#*#4636#*#*) that its connecting then connected but it takes a while for the phone to start a working connection. Previously im on ME2 but its still the same on ME4 modem. Im living in SEAsia here where ME2 is the official latest.

Sent using GT-i9505~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UNOFFICIAL I9505 NIGHTLIES (mirror)

Code:
    [B]Changelog[/B]
    RootBox-JB-jfltexx-Unofficial-20130611.zip
    Includes HALO from AOSPA and 
    many other fixes and changes since the last release.

RootBox-JB-i9505-victorator-20130528.zip
    480 DPI as default + some new commits from today

RootBox-JB-i9505-victorator-20130526.zip
    Initial Release

Hello everyone!

I am back with another ROM for the I9505! This time it's my favorite, the most complete and in my opinion the best AOSP rom - RootBox!
    If you don't know what it is, it's an awesome hybrid rom based on AOKP with PA and CM functionality + many exclusive features (check RootBox settings).

Instructions:

1. Flash the latest CWM or TWRP recovery.
    2. Flash Rom
    3. Flash Gapps
    3. Wipe data & cache if coming from another rom.
    4. Reboot & Enjoy!

rootboxjbn7100nightly20.jpg

This Rom is built from source using:

RootBox Repo
    My Repo

Be sure to check out the RootBox G+ community for changelogs and news before asking questions.
    Bajee Baskararasa

Hey guys I know I've gone missing from G+ and XDA but I've been extremely busy with work these past few days. Unfortunately I won't be able to invest any time for RootBox for at least a week or two. I planned to get 4.3 builds rolling by this week or so but my situation clearly didn't allow that to happen. I'll try my best to set aside time for RootBox but since I got this new job it'll take some time to adjust myself and get a proper schedule. Another factor that will eventually impact my time is University starting in about 3 weeks.*So enjoy stable V4.2 build for now (which I'm running as well) or you can *always try out other roms who released Android 4.3, until then enjoy the summer and the good weather! (wherever you are)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
    Sweet. 1 issue down. Im still on GE version rom till the incall bug is fixed. Cant risk of missing an important call and I have only 1 phone at the moment. Totally miss rootbox!

Sent using GT-i9505~

First official nightly is online! http://rootbox.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/Nightlies/jfltexx/
    I also wonder if call issue is fixed...
    Bajee never has been one to count on to be punctual...

Neither I'd be. Good that he included so many devices in his list of supported devices, isn't it? We must remember that this is not a job. I'm only trying to be fair.

GT-I9505 -- Rootbox 06/28 -- Ktoonz -- CWM 6.0.3.2-5 -- Sent from Tapatalk